Pak qualification scenarios

Kalia_Test

Those who want India to lose (regardless of reasons) are LOSERS :agree:
I am not praying that India lose against Ireland - no way. I do HOPE though that the players CHOOSE to lose. This is called strategy. If our place is guaranteed and we can send them home, why not? Or do we really need to build momentum versus Ireland? Ireland won't be able to celebrate their victory either. Things like this have happened in the past. I agree India deciding to lose is a big step Dhoni won't take but they might try to not thrash Ireland. I reckon they may play a weaker team. Personally I would open with Binny and Rayadu, batting and bowling. Also promote Ashwin and Jaddu and Dhoni. All need some runs.
I am not praying that India lose against Ireland - no way. I do HOPE though that the players CHOOSE to lose. This is called strategy. If our place is guaranteed and we can send them home, why not? Or do we really need to build momentum versus Ireland? Ireland won't be able to celebrate their victory either. Things like this have happened in the past. I agree India deciding to lose is a big step Dhoni won't take but they might try to not thrash Ireland. I reckon they may play a weaker team. Personally I would open with Binny and Rayadu, batting and bowling. Also promote Ashwin and Jaddu and Dhoni. All need some runs.
How is it strategy? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: How does Pak not qualifying help India? If anything I rate Pak's chances against NZ higher than that of Ireland. I actually want Pak to qualify if they can knock-out NZ. And yes, hoping that our players choose to lose is indeed LOSERish. (hoping,lose) = LOSER :D
How is it strategy? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: How does Pak not qualifying help India? If anything I rate Pak's chances against NZ higher than that of Ireland. I actually want Pak to qualify if they can knock-out NZ. And yes, hoping that our players choose to lose is indeed LOSERish. (hoping,lose) = LOSER :D
It's strategy because Pakistan are our rivals and them going out early is what most Indians want. If we are in a position to control things, that's brilliant. Whoever finishes 4th in our group will most likely lose to NZ, shame it's not Aus they are playing. The fact you are supporting Pak versus NZ, there is indeed words for it. LOSERish, Sellout, Coconut :winky: How does Pak qualifying help India except more rubbish from Pak fans about how they got as far as India and that they can win the cup? Always kill off a dangerous animal as soon as possible.
It's strategy because Pakistan are our rivals and them going out early is what most Indians want. If we are in a position to control things, that's brilliant. Whoever finishes 4th in our group will most likely lose to NZ, shame it's not Aus they are playing. The fact you are supporting Pak versus NZ, there is indeed words for it. LOSERish, Sellout, Coconut :winky: How does Pak qualifying help India except more rubbish from Pak fans about how they got as far as India and that they can win the cup? Always kill off a dangerous animal as soon as possible.
Pak going out has no bearing on India's chances in this WC. So, I couldn't care less about this "rivalry" with such a mediocre team like Pak. Also, do you even know what the slur Coconut means? :cantstop: How is supporting India - LOSERish, Sellout, Coconut :giggle: Have fun enjoying mediocre rivalries :nice: So, you think India won't make it past Semis? That you even consider Pak as dangerous tells me enough :cantstop: They are so pathetic they don't even warrant attention.
You are definitely confusing between Indian and Pakistani fans. Most Pakistani fans aren't as cocky and don't try to rub it into people. We are far more humble in victories.
Just to cool down the thread...a question to you... If Ind vs Ire was AFTER Pak vs Ire ( which Pak won ) :- Ire makes 260 batting first. Ind obviously needs to make 261 to WIN however :- - If it wins in 45 overs, then Ire are in QF - If it wins after 45 overs, Pak are in QF Pls remember...there is nothing like do what you do naturally...All Indian players would surely be aware of this scenario.. Raina and Dhoni batting with Raina on strike. India at 259/5 on last ball of 45th over ( so win is given in any case) Some random Irish bowler bowled a length ball... What should Raina do?
Hit the winning runs obviously. There's nothing wrong in going for as big a win as you can, irrespective of whether pak qualifies or ireland. That's a positive attitude. What's negative is underperforming to ensure a rival team doesn't go through. That's cowardly and sadistic.
I think you are being a bit presumptuous here. I am sure there will also be a lot of people who would never want us to deliberately lose points for knocking out a rival. All they'll care about is us carrying momentum and winning matches. And it would be a strategy if it helps us avoiding a team that can make it more difficult for us to progress in the tournament. And even then it will be a cowardly strategy as we will have to beat the top teams at some stage. If it happens along the way..then that's fine but purposely throwing away a match is something else.

I want pak to get knocked out too. No I am not scared of them. i just like to rub it in front of my paki friends who do the same whenever they are playing "decent" criket and over react a lot. That's the reason. Also, whoever plays better deserves to go. If Ireland does it, then so be it. I don't want Pak to go out because their games got rained out. After full 6 games if Ireland has better rr or more points, then they deserve to go. Just like in 2007, both Ireland and Bangladesh deserved it more than us. I couldn't care less about the whole fun will go away. Who give's a damn about it. I will be happy to see a new team like Ireland progress, that is if they deserve which is basically having more points or better rr than Pak. My $0.02