My biggest issue with Indian films.

Temujin Khaghan

I think Bollywood makes lot repetitive theme movies and few good movies. They been improving. I don't understand what's the beef with people not wanting dances in movies. These people have identity crisis. Indians are known for dances we dance everywhere be it movies , festivals and weddings. It's part of our culture. Dancing is an art as well. Can we do away with dances ? No mr kubikaran where you been living . If you haven't stayed in indian for long I understand. This part of indian culture. Modi was right lot of Indians don't even feel proud about their culture.

Also people watch movies like fast furious 7. They are ok with cars jumping out of airplane ? Car going down the cliff but still people survive. They are ok with Dwayne Johnson jumping couple of floors still not dying ? They are ok with ambulance flattening drone ? They are ok car jumping 3 buildings ? I don't see threads created here ridiculing Hollywood movies nor in the padosi forum who create threads to ridicule Bollywood. So Hollywood makes movies that defies the laws of physics but a blind eye in judging. I think we should have fair judgement for each industry. I found so many flaws in an industry this been around probably from 1900s. Bollywood is very young let's give them chances to grow up.

I think Bollywood makes lot repetitive theme movies and few good movies. They been improving. I don't understand what's the beef with people not wanting dances in movies. These people have identity crisis. Indians are known for dances we dance everywhere be it movies ' date=' festivals and weddings. It's part of our culture. Dancing is an art as well. Can we do away with dances ? No mr kubikaran where you been living . If you haven't stayed in indian for long I understand. This part of indian culture. Modi was right lot of Indians don't even feel proud about their culture.[/quote'] Its just my personal preference. If dancing is part of Indian culture, then have concerts and dance performances on stage. Inserting a random song and dance routine in the middle of a story is just distracting and ruins the whole experience.

What are your views of Bollywood movies like Iqbal, Johnny gaddar, A Wednesday, Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, Aamir, etc (forgetting some names that fall in the same category) or even movies like Rocket Singh? Comedies like Hera Pheri were hilarious. Personally, I found them to be quite good
mass (bottom 80%) is not seeing them, only class audience are seeing them the difference in tamil and malayalam being that, mass also sees such kind of films

Also people watch movies like fast furious 7. They are ok with cars jumping out of airplane ? Car going down the cliff but still people survive. They are ok with Dwayne Johnson jumping couple of floors still not dying ? They are ok with ambulance flattening drone ? They are ok car jumping 3 buildings ? I don't see threads created here ridiculing Hollywood movies nor in the padosi forum who create threads to ridicule Bollywood. So Hollywood makes movies that defies the laws of physics but a blind eye in judging. I think we should have fair judgement for each industry. I found so many flaws in an industry this been around probably from 1900s. Bollywood is very young let's give them chances to grow up.
cant nobody even say that lip syncing to other people's voice is wrong? how can you question someone's loyalty when they question a malpractice that has been going around for too long?

Watch Anurag Kashyap films, they barely have any songs and good content, the occasional ones such as Khoya Khoya Chand in Shaitaan or the roadside singer popping up in Gangs of Wasseypur 1/2 are artistic & funny at the same time. I primarily hate Bollywood for nepotism, as far as content goes it serves the market here and abroad so that's that, have to avoid the masala stuff.

mean, we are such a huge country with such a big market. but we cant make movies which are half as good as what koreans make for heavens sake. why the **** cant Bollywood make movies like the ones Koreans, Japanese and Europeans, who make very meaningful movies with small budgets... there are a few people like Irfan Khan who try to make meaningful movies once in a while. but north indian mass audience dont even go near those movies.
for a change , over the last few years some low budget movies like Pan Singh Tomar, Barfii , Highway have been successful but majority of mass people still like prefer mindless masala movies of Salman Khan , one of the main reasons is these low budget arent promoted well so general public doesnt has an idea when it is releasing. Biggest problem of Bollywood is that there arent many good writers and directors around . Only few like Anurag Kashyap , Raju Hirani , Shoojit Sarcar , Vishal Bhardwaj make enjoyable and good movies

+ 1. I am big time in bollywood music but films are an insult to human intellect.
When movies like kick and pk earn the most money, it's over. It's kinda sad because just yesterday the film anand was on tv. It's sad how low the standards have become

There is nothing wrong with that .Great actors doesn't necessarily need to be great singers . In 40-50s Tamil cinema it was like that .Actors will sing their songs themselves. At least in Tamil cinema . There is someone called Thiyagaraja Bhagavathar who became superstar mainly becoz of his voice and songs . Its just with years cine field people have realized both acting and Singer are are different skills .Hardly there are actors even the great ones who are great at singing . And why just blame Bollywood all Indian film industry in India are like that
+1. Kamalhassan is a good example. Virumandi, a couple of songs in manmadhan ambu, that street performance song in anbe sivam, etc are few examples where songs merge beautifully with the films.

Some of the better movies just don't make as much money as crap like Happy New Year/Dabbang etc so its clear that people mostly prefer masala flicks more than good, sensible movies. At the end of the day Bollywood is just another business so they will mostly make only those kinds of movies which make hundreds of crores rather than those which get rave reviews but don't earn much. I watch very, very few Bollywood movies now because of crappy movies but when those are the ones making so much money, I don't even expect good movies to be made regularly. The few good ones that are made, I try to watch.

When movies like kick and pk earn the most money, it's over. It's kinda sad because just yesterday the film anand was on tv. It's sad how low the standards have become
If the reigning superstar of the day, Aamir Khan does a movie with the sensibilities and sophistication of "Anand", then it will become utter flop. there is no doubt in this. At one point of time, Bollywood had experimental movies done by the superstars, which became big hits. "taste" and "sophistication" is supposed to evolve. but unfortunately I think it digressed.

Most of the Bollywood movies are made for Indian mass. Now there are lots of varities and experimentation going on which is good. You do not like Dabang do not watch it, instead watch the movies like Black Friday, Gangs of Wasseypur, Barfi, Highway, Ab tak chappan etc it is no more the 90's decade were we only had to see the movies of Govinda dancing in yellow trousers. Try to think in terms of common Indian mass someone like an Auto Driver, Security Guard, small shopkeepers etc. From morning to evening they have to go through heat, dust, pollution, bribery, electricity cut, water scarcity, local goons, government office bribes, corruption, abuse, at the end of day they would not want to go to cinema hall watching serious dark realistic movies, they are dealing these things whole day instead they would want to watch their hero fighting with 10 people , singing songs, dancing and ultimately defeating the villian. Try to think of the common middle class Indian girls or women who have to deal with lots of issues from perverts in the street to the abusive husband or boy friend, why wold they want to see the same thing in the movies. Instead they would want to see a handsome Shahrukh Khan kind of person singing song for them. You hate Bollywood , good for you watch Korean movies or Brad Pitt kind of movies why you want a whole industry to change just because you belong to class and not to mass.

Most of the Bollywood movies are made for Indian mass. Now there are lots of varities and experimentation going on which is good. You do not like Dabang do not watch it, instead watch the movies like Black Friday, Gangs of Wasseypur, Barfi, Highway, Ab tak chappan etc it is no more the 90's decade were we only had to see the movies of Govinda dancing in yellow trousers. Try to think in terms of common Indian mass someone like an Auto Driver, Security Guard, small shopkeepers etc. From morning to evening they have to go through heat, dust, pollution, bribery, electricity cut, water scarcity, local goons, government office bribes, corruption, abuse, at the end of day they would not want to go to cinema hall watching serious dark realistic movies, they are dealing these things whole day instead they would want to watch their hero fighting with 10 people , singing songs, dancing and ultimately defeating the villian. Try to think of the common middle class Indian girls or women who have to deal with lots of issues from perverts in the street to the abusive husband or boy friend, why wold they want to see the same thing in the movies. Instead they would want to see a handsome Shahrukh Khan kind of person singing song for them. You hate Bollywood , good for you watch Korean movies or Brad Pitt kind of movies why you want a whole industry to change just because you belong to class and not to mass.
Its alright if there is content for all types of audiences. Even Hollywood makes a lot of masala movies but there are very few alternative movies made in India. Almost all movies lack originality, realism or any substance. Movies like Black Friday, Satya, Lagaan, Barfi etc. are few and far between.

Yes. In a democracy you have to live with choices of masses even if they are utter crap :((

Khalpat, even in hollywood the class audience are disgusted by movies like blockbusters Transformers, Twilight and Hunger games which are basically aimed at the mass but everyone gets something atleast. there are good movies which are made on low budgets which are aimed at audience who want to watch a good story and realistic scenarios the problem in Indian movies and especially Bollywood is that there is nothing for most of the people like the ones in this forum. there are a few bones here and there like Vishal Bharadwaj, Anurag Kashyap and Irfan Khan. its like expecting monsoon in Thar desert.

Yes. In a democracy you have to live with choices of masses even if they are utter crap :(( in my opinion
Added three words at the end of your sentence, sorry for that. Good one. Mauke pe chauka maar diya, I can understand what you are trying to say here :winky:.