Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

The most competant authority in India over using VFX in movies has given his thumbs-up. Shankar Shanmugham@shankarshanmugh Bahubali-Epic Thoughts!Poetic Imagnatn!Strong Characterisatns!Super Heroism!Executd wit Stuning Visuals! Vowww! Cheers 2 Rajmouli n his team Reply to @shankarshanmugh rajamouli ss ‏@ssrajamouli @shankarshanmugh thanks a ton for the appreciation, sir. The team is overjoyed. Your message is not just a compliment, but a certificate.. --- For the less informed, Shankar is the director of Shivaji The Boss, Endhiran, I

or he is the Manoj Tiwari of Gujarati movies Is she the same actress who played Sita in the original Ramayan TV series?
Ravi Kishan - Bhojpuri Ravichandran - Kannada All these Ravis are sleazy guys who gropes every actresses they act with. Yea.. it is her. Deepika.

You are missing the point once again :haha: Let me try once more - Talented Gujarati film makers make films in Hindi because Hindi is understood by almost everyone in Gujarat and making films in Bollywood gives a better ROI (wider reach, no dubbing required, etc.) .... Let's not forget that making films in Bollywood means making films for most of the India So for example (for the reasons outlined above), a) if Manmohan Desai is making Amar Akbar Anthony, he would chose Bollywood for his grand project b) If Sanjay Leela Bhansali is making Hum Dil De Chuke Hai Sanam, he will make it in Hindi c) If Annes Bazmee is making No Entry, Welcome etc.,he will make it in Hindi d) If Ketan Metha is making Mangal Panday, he will make it in you guessed what e) e for etc including Indra Kumar, Sajid Nadiadwala, Farah Khan, Vipul Shah, Mahesh Bhatt, .... In short, for Gujarati film makers, making films in Bollywood = reaching Gujarat + almost whole of rest of India .... i.e. they make film for almost everyone in India :two_thumbs_up: No need to say that many of them are amongst the who's who of Bollywood and have contributed to making Bollywood the prime entertainment industry of India! :--D Now you think that Bahubali is some kind of an achievement for Telugu film industry while I think it is an ordinary masala film and with that as the background, you are asking me to recommend a Gujarati film when I already made the points above :rofl: Coming back to Gujarati films, as I said, I haven't seen too many of them as Bollywood is already the main industry for Gujarati (reasons already mentioned). The once that I have seen are from old video tapes that were in my home in India and they were basically masala films such as Bahubali And if a Gujarati film maker was spending money like what Telugu film industry did on Bahubali, he/she would make it in Hindi with some of the best stars in India (as I said they make films for almost everyone in India) Talking about the Hindi version of Bahubali, it has not broken any meaningful record in the Bollywood region except - "for a dubbed film" :winky: Anyways for you, I checked wiki and saw that there are many award winning Gujarati films which is a pleasant surprise for me .... One such award winning film is Bhavni Bhavai directed by Ketan Metha and staring Nasserudin Shah, Smita Patil, Om Puri, Mohan Gokhle and Benjamin Gilani. It was released in 1980. It is highly rated but I have not seen it so cannot recommend it personally. Below is the critical reception that it received: PS Other award winning films (but I have not seen them) are in the abstract from wiki: ^ So it is remarkable that despite living under the shadows of Bollywood, Gujarati films have managed to win awards and even represent Ind at Oscars :dontknow:
OK I get the below :- - Gujrati film-makers make films in hindi as they are not sure if the real Gujrati people will pay actual money to watch the movie in theatre. They prefer to make in Bollywood as atleast they can be sure that hindi film-watching people in other states will BUY tickets. - Easy to criticize other films but you will NOT recommend ONE Gujrati movie PERSONALLY ( hiding under excuses like - we Gujjus are represented by Bollywood ( now that is a first :hysterical::hysterical: .. in that case there should not be any Gujrati movie at all- the fact that there is one means Bollywood DOES NOT represent Gujarat - to borrow your own phrase used about Rajamouli's father - those Gujjus just worked in Bollywood :P) However, the Gujju video already posted makes me scary about my mental health after watching any Gujju movie :nervous: so let go of recommendation. We have all seen your agenda here. Later in day you can download Bajrangi Bhaijaan and post your positive views that you had already typed 2 days ago I guess :P. Alternatively, you can take a U-turn and post negative view and claim how unbiased you are :winky:

The most competant authority in India over using VFX in movies has given his thumbs-up. Shankar Shanmugham@shankarshanmugh Bahubali-Epic Thoughts!Poetic Imagnatn!Strong Characterisatns!Super Heroism!Executd wit Stuning Visuals! Vowww! Cheers 2 Rajmouli n his team Reply to @shankarshanmugh rajamouli ss ‏@ssrajamouli @shankarshanmugh thanks a ton for the appreciation, sir. The team is overjoyed. Your message is not just a compliment, but a certificate.. --- For the less informed, Shankar is the director of Shivaji The Boss, Endhiran, I
"I" was really disappointing. The films I have wacthed, Anniyan is his best film.

Have u watched Jeans ? It was his best movie in terms VFX
Havent watched it. It was in late 90s, one of Aishwarya Rai's early film and was the most expensive Indian film at that time if I remember and flopped. People said it was ahead of its time.

"I" was really disappointing. The films I have wacthed' date=' Anniyan is his best film.[/quote'] Lot of his movies are disappointing. Gentleman and Indian (somewhat) i can rate. Rest don't rate much. He wastes so much money. Funny thing is he produces real low budget movies which end up as big hits Kadhal 40 lakhs budget. made over 4.5 crores Imsai Arasan 23m pulikesi 4 crores budget, Gross 15 crores Veyil which was aired in foreign film festival and won national award grossed over 30 crores. Itw as made a on shoestring budget as well. He made so much money just by producing.

Havent watched it. It was in late 90s' date=' one of Aishwarya Rai's early film and was the most expensive Indian film at that time if I remember and flopped. People said it was ahead of its time.[/quote'] Flopped ? In Hindi u r referring? Becoz it was a big hit in Tamil .His first flop movie in Tamil was Boys and now I to an extent

Lot of his movies are disappointing. Gentleman and Indian (somewhat) i can rate. Rest don't rate much. He wastes so much money. Funny thing is he produces real low budget movies which end up as big hits g.
I think most movies directed by him are hits whether they were good or not, they did well.

OK I get the below :- - Gujrati film-makers make films in hindi as they are not sure if the real Gujrati people will pay actual money to watch the movie in theatre. They prefer to make in Bollywood as atleast they can be sure that hindi film-watching people in other states will BUY tickets.
Yeah going by that^ logic there should be no multiplexes or cinemas in Gujarat :haha: Anyways, it is idiotic of you to try to make this in to a Gujarati (or whatever) vs Telugu issue Why would you think that criticizing Bahubali which is released in Hindi for people of other parts of India = criticizing Telugu people? And that you have to attack people based on their state? Why would you turn a movie in to the pride of Telugu? If you don't like unfavorable reviews from people of other states on Telugu films, then you should request the film makers to not release it in Hindi :dontknow: Talking about films from South in general, I have said that I have enjoyed films such as Roza, Bombay, Sivaji the boss, etc. I have even listed to its music even though I don't understand the language .... On the other hand, Bahubali does not meet the hype. In fact it is an ordinary film
Easy to criticize other films but you will NOT recommend ONE Gujrati movie PERSONALLY ( hiding under excuses like - we Gujjus are represented by Bollywood ( now that is a first :hysterical::hysterical: .. in that case there should not be any Gujrati movie at all- the fact that there is one means Bollywood DOES NOT represent Gujarat - to borrow your own phrase used about Rajamouli's father - those Gujjus just worked in Bollywood :P)
Thanks once again for showing how you missed the points .... and why would you assume that other states have to give priority to making films in their regional language because that's how it is down in South where majority may not know Hindi? .... or Is it that because even superstars from Telugu are not widely accepted in Bollywood, it must be a case of sour grapes for others as well? :giggle: And the names that I listed are producers :winky: .... Do you think that someone like Sajid Nadiadwala who makes films with some of the biggest starts in Ind is just working in Bollywood? Manmohan Desai produced many of his films. Mahesh Bhatt, Vipul Shah, Sanjay Leela, etc. are producers as well! In case you did not know - Bollywood happens to be in Mumbai but it is not a Marathi industry, it is Hindi (which is like the first or second language for many Indians). And Mumbai itself has a huge percentage of Gujaratis as it was once the joint capital!
However, the Gujju video already posted makes me scary about my mental health after watching any Gujju movie :nervous: so let go of recommendation. We have all seen your agenda here.
Who is even asking you to watch a Gujarati film? and whatever your idiotic assessment of my agenda is ....
Later in day you can download Bajrangi Bhaijaan and post your positive views that you had already typed 2 days ago I guess :P. Alternatively, you can take a U-turn and post negative view and claim how unbiased you are :winky:
My review would depend up on how the film is and not on how I want to promote it!

Yeah going by that^ logic there should be no multiplexes or cinemas in Gujarat :haha: Anyways, it is idiotic of you to try to make this in to a Gujarati (or whatever) vs Telugu issue Why would you think that criticizing Bahubali which is released in Hindi for people of other parts of India = criticizing Telugu people? And that you have to attack people based on their state? Why would you turn a movie in to the pride of Telugu? If you don't like unfavorable reviews from people of other states on Telugu films, then you should request the film makers to not release it in Hindi :dontknow: Talking about films from South in general, I have said that I have enjoyed films such as Roza, Bombay, Sivaji the boss, etc. I have even listed to its music even though I don't understand the language .... On the other hand, Bahubali does not meet the hype. In fact it is an ordinary film Thanks once again for showing how you missed the points .... and why would you assume that other states have to give priority to making films in their regional language because that's how it is down in South where majority may not know Hindi? .... or Is it that because even superstars from Telugu are not widely accepted in Bollywood, it must be a case of sour grapes for others as well? :giggle: And the names that I listed are producers :winky: .... Do you think that someone like Sajid Nadiadwala who makes films with some of the biggest starts in Ind is just working in Bollywood? Manmohan Desai produced many of his films. Mahesh Bhatt, Vipul Shah, Sanjay Leela, etc. are producers as well! In case you did not know - Bollywood happens to be in Mumbai but it is not a Marathi industry, it is Hindi (which is like the first or second language for many Indians). And Mumbai itself has a huge percentage of Gujaratis as it was once the joint capital! Who is even asking you to watch a Gujarati film? and whatever your idiotic assessment of my agenda is .... My review would depend up on how the film is and not on how I want to promote it!
Blah blah blah...It is evident to everyone from your posts that your heartburn is because a non-Bollywood film got such rave reviews and the film is a visual spectacle. If you did not like it, you could have made 1 post with your review and be done with ( like a few others have done in this thread itself ) - you don't see anyone arguing with them but many have a problem with your posts as they stink of an agenda. You had to google all the bad reviews and post them, post all irrelevant Hollywood movie videos and try to derail the thread. Anyway - will be interesting to see Bahubali collections post Bajrangi Bhaijaan release. The cream of collections is done IMO but do the tired legs have a few steps more?