RR & CSK suspended for 2 years. Kundra Meiyappan banned for life

NDTV expert Sunil Gavaskar reckons IPL has the ability to rise above the controversy but a season without Dhoni in it will be a tough one. "I hope the matter (fate of CSK and RR players) is sorted out quickly. Leave aside an IPL without MS Dhoni, it will be hard to see an Indian team without him when calls time on his career." The former India skipper also defended the under-fire N. Srinivasan, whose son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan has been handed a life ban from all cricket activities for his role in betting during IPL 2013. "One can't doubt the commitment N. Srinivasan's commitment to cricket. I don't think we should go on a witch-hunt as the Mudgal panel had also stated that he did not interfere in the investigations," said Gavaskar.
:hysterical:
:hysterical:
N Srini has done enough and more to classify himself as a genuine cricket fan. In fact one of the very few cricket administrators who still value first class and test cricket. Yes, his dalliances in IPL might be questionable, but that doesn't make him someone who was into cricket only for the money. His group has invested in grassroots cricket much before all these became fashionable.
N Srini has done enough and more to classify himself as a genuine cricket fan. In fact one of the very few cricket administrators who still value first class and test cricket. Yes, his dalliances in IPL might be questionable, but that doesn't make him someone who was into cricket only for the money. His group has invested in grassroots cricket much before all these became fashionable.
I know that.. and also the Ind cements league, but can anything else come from Gavaskar's mouth? I was laughing at Gavaskar

All this seems to be an eyewash. The owners have escaped with a ban on cricket? When were they interested in cricket? They were interested in money and now will move onto greener pastures. The punishment should have involved heavy fine and/or jail sentence - we aren't sending a strong message to would be offenders with such mild sentences. The people who are really affected are the employees/workers of banned franchises - they lose their jobs for no fault of theirs.

All this seems to be an eyewash. The owners have escaped with a ban on cricket? When were they interested in cricket? They were interested in money and now will move onto greener pastures. The punishment should have involved heavy fine and/or jail sentence - we aren't sending a strong message to would be offenders with such mild sentences. The people who are really affected are the employees/workers of banned franchises - they lose their jobs for no fault of theirs.
So, you want them to go to jail for betting. Kundra and mayyapan have been banned for life.