When will Dhoni and the selectors learn their lessons

zen

No one is asking him to retire here to cut some slack .

If u are not making even the IPL team then it's absurd to ask him to pick for national team .

He played 6 IPL matches last season and was not played every match because he was coming back from a major injury. Not dropped.

His overall IPL record is not that bad.  He averages 28 , has a SR of 20  and has 29 wickets from 28 matches.

http://www.iplt20.com/teams/royal-challengers-bangalore/squad/61/Varun-Aaron/

He would have been effective on these bouncy, seaming pitches,,,not the same as IPL pitches.

So u relegate ur best bowler Bumrah from new ball and drop Jadeja who is ur best bowler in middle overs so that we can bowl four bowlers ?

And weaken the batting depth as well.

What exactly is the point of this apart from filling the fancy of some for playing 4 bowlers ?

If Pakistan and Bangladesh can't succeed with their fourth seamer what exactly is the point of us doing it when our spinners and Pandya are doing a good job.

Only thing we will achieve is us making Bumrah who extracts disconcerting bounce with new ball ineffective and weakening our bowling attack.

When did Bumrah become our best bowler in the opening overs ?   In quite a few matches Dhoni used him primarily in the last 8 overs as he is very good with yorkers and I support Dhoni in this decision.

Weakening batting depth ??  Bhuvi  batted very well in England and would be a far better batsman in these conditions than Jadeja.

When did Bumrah become our best bowler in the opening overs ?   In quite a few matches Dhoni used him primarily in the last 8 overs as he is very good with yorkers and I support Dhoni in this decision.

Weakening batting depth ??  Bhuvi  batted very well in England and would be a far better batsman in these conditions than Jadeja.

Ever since Bumrah came into the team.

If u think Bhuvi is a better T20 batsman than Jadeja then ur r talking nonsense

Don't tell me Bhuvi has better technique because neither r coming to bat in first six overs when the ball will be swinging .

He played 6 IPL matches last season and was not played every match because he was coming back from a major injury. Not dropped.

His overall IPL record is not that bad.  He averages 28 , has a SR of 20  and has 29 wickets from 28 matches.

He would have been effective on these bouncy, seaming pitches,,,not the same as IPL pitches.

He got hammered and was dropped for Aravind .He wasnt injured .

Why not post his last season IPL stats along with eco rate

Ever since Bumrah came into the team.

If u think Bhuvi is a better T20 batsman than Jadeja then ur r talking nonsense

Don't tell me Bhuvi has better technique because neither r coming to bat in first six overs when the ball will be swinging .

Bumrah has been a far better bowler at the death than upfront...ever since he has come into the team.  Not much doubt there really.

If you are saying that yesterday's match was a stereotypical T20  then you are talking nonsense.  

Also...Jadeja has been a collosal failure with the bat in the T20Is so far...and his IPL SR is quite ordinary.

See ...I am in favour of picking jadeja in most T20 matches played on normal T20 pitches...but these pitches and conditions are very different from what teams normally face....even Dhoni was not happy.

They specifically said that they were monitoring his workload.

Everyone can get hammered in a T20 on patas ...not a big deal really.

Arey bhai...when you come back from such an injury i don't know how people expect him to perform straight away. It is very easy to talk.

They specifically said that they were monitoring his workload.

Everyone can get hammered in a T20 on patas ...not a big deal really.

Arey bhai...when you come back from such an injury i don't know how people expect him to perform straight away. It is very easy to talk.

Please quote me where I said he should perform straight away from injury or otherwise he is shite ?

I said if u cant get selected for ur IPL then he can't be selected for for the national team .

They want to manage his work load so they didn't even select him for the eliminator ? Seriously lol

I said if u cant get selected for ur IPL then he can't be selected for for the national team .

Why are you not understanding that yesterday's pitch is  not like IPL pitches and standard T20 pitches   !!

Bouncy bowlers with pace have more chance of being effective here compared to spinners even if they don't do that well in the IPL.

I am all for Jadeja's selection on any normal T20 pitch...he is a very good spinner and fielder. May take a couple of singles later in the innings too or hit a six even. 

If we play on a pitch like today's match ( SL vs. B'desh ) then we should play 2 spinners....I fully support it.

I think the real reason for selecting 2 spinners is because Dhoni is focusing on World T20 to be held in India.....and he wants to give sufficient practice to the ultimate playing 11.   There is some merit in that thought-process . Even he would have played 1 spinner here if we did not have the WT20 next. 

Edited by express bowling

:hysterical: I just don't trust IND pacers man that hack Yadav and his best friend AAron and other trundler Bhuvi 

Enough is enough 

It is good to select bowlers based on current form and conditions. In conditions where pace/seam bowlers get assistance, here is how the bowlers performed (ODIs) - Link 

Ind_Bowlers_1.jpg

PS Also let's not forget that pace/seam bowlers usually bowl in the PPs and at the death 

Edited by rett

Its not about learning. Its about his regressive mindset. He is an adamant, egoistic maniac. He doesnt care about Indian cricket, players career. All he cares about is his powers and how to abuse it. This MF Dhoni needs to be bloody kicked out

yup  what you just said is the perfect definition of this selfish man

It is good to select bowlers based on current form and conditions. In conditions where pace/seam bowlers get assistance, here is how the bowlers performed (ODIs) - Link 

Ind_Bowlers_1.jpg

PS Also let's not forget that pace/seam bowlers usually bowl in the PPs and at the death 

Many people are also forgetting that 2 of our pacers, Yadav and Shami. were the 3rd and 4th highest wicket-takers among all teams in the World Cup of 2015, held in Australia..

Edited by express bowling

And what happened to so called pace gun umesh in aus tour recently where we lost 4 - 1 he was dropped from team.. even in aus..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

He bowled very badly...but those were super-flat tracks.

As you can see from the above stats, he is a wicket taker in helpful conditions ( 28 wickets from 16 matches ) .....and the last India-Pakistan match was played on super-helpful conditions.

He bowled very badly...but those were super-flat tracks.

As you can see from the above stats, he is a wicket taker in helpful conditions ( 28 wickets from 16 matches ) .....and the last India-Pakistan match was played on super-helpful conditions.

But then, am sure all of us agree that Umesh was spraying the ball on both sides of the stumps at alarmingly regular intervals. It is one thing to be expensive in a helpless track and another to be spraying the ball like an idiot. Umesh did exactly the latter. 

But then, am sure all of us agree that Umesh was spraying the ball on both sides of the stumps at alarmingly regular intervals. It is one thing to be expensive in a helpless track and another to be spraying the ball like an idiot. Umesh did exactly the latter. 

He was very bad in that series...no excuses.

But, he generally becomes a wicket-taker in helpful conditions and his mindset is such that he starts bowling better after he gets success.

Aaron has better ER than Umesh and Shami in IPL, better stats than both, better SR, better average despite playing for last 2 seasons at Chinnaswamy pocket-sized ground. When half the IPL was played in UAE, Aaron was the best Indian pacer. Any bowler who plays so many games at Chinnaswamy is going to suffer where edges go for sixes.

Here is the IPL record of Bumrah.

http://www.iplt20.com/teams/mumbai-indians/squad/1124/Jasprit-Bumrah/

IPL record of Aaron

IPL record of Shami

http://www.iplt20.com/teams/delhi-daredevils/squad/94/Mohammed-Shami/

Tell me who has a better record in all aspects. Aaron is ignored for no real reason in LOIs.

Edited by rkt.india