What the heck was an injured Yuvraj Singh doing limping around in the middle?

Stuge

8 minutes ago, Texan said:

He should nt have retired but he should have tried to be more aggressive and hit boundaries. As it is, run rate required was high. Yuvraj was struggling to run. Batsman like Dhoni waiting in the wings. The most sensible thing to do would have been to try and fearlessly play some aggressive shots. Too bad he didnt do that. That we won because Kohli kept his calm is a different matter altogether. But as the article rightly pointed out,we would have lost if he would have stayed for a few more overs. 

Tbh, both Kohli and Yuvi were struggling to go over a run a ball. Yuvi in fact was going just over run a ball. I think he made 19 off 16 which is not all that bad, considering even the in form Kohli was struggling to time the ball then.

4 hours ago, Texan said:

He should nt have retired but he should have tried to be more aggressive and hit boundaries. As it is, run rate required was high. Yuvraj was struggling to run. Batsman like Dhoni waiting in the wings. The most sensible thing to do would have been to try and fearlessly play some aggressive shots. Too bad he didnt do that. That we won because Kohli kept his calm is a different matter altogether. But as the article rightly pointed out,we would have lost if he would have stayed for a few more overs. 

They in the middle decided when it was time to go all out for Yuvraj..had he tried to go big right after raina wicket and not build a partnership,  India would have been in much bigger trouble.

the Writer is using very strange logic.Its like saying that Dhoni would have won the 2011 world cup final faster if kohli got out earlier. Anybody can look at a score sheet and say that quicker that dhoni got in the easier India would have won. But India would have had less wickets in hand with 110+  runs to get rather than 70. Im not saying that Yuvi played a great or even a good innings but not sure how people can say for certain India would have won more easily if at all if he got out earlier.

Edited by Silva

Kohli is always very supportive of his teammates. Even as captain I haven't seen him criticize any cricketer in public. His comments on Yuvraj's innings don't hold much water. He probably does this to maintain a positive vibe in the team.

I'd buy the approach of building a partnership if Yuvraj wasn't injured. He neither could run between the wickets nor go for his shots. I don't get what kind of an innings could be built with that kind of an approach, that too in a T20.

If you can't run you either have to go for your shots or retire hurt. You can come back later if the need arises. Not running denied not only his runs but Virat's as well. I wouldn't go as far as to say he was selfish but that was a really poor strategy.

3 hours ago, Silva said:

the Writer is using very strange logic.Its like saying that Dhoni would have won the 2011 world cup final faster if kohli got out earlier. Anybody can look at a score sheet and say that quicker that dhoni got in the easier India would have won. But India would have had less wickets in hand with 110+  runs to get rather than 70. Im not saying that Yuvi played a great or even a good innings but not sure how people can say for certain India would have won more easily if at all if he got out earlier.

Yuvraj would still have been not out if he had retired. So, we would still have had wickets intact.

4 hours ago, Silva said:

Exactly my point.

53 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yuvraj would still have been not out if he had retired. So, we would still have had wickets intact.

Yes but only technically. Dhoni coming that early is a big risk..Had he got out at that time, who would do the finisher role he is most renowned for? He wouldn't be able to play that freely.

Ind is 54 for 3 in 8.2 overs .... Which means that Ind has to get 107 from the next 11.4 overs .... RRR = 9 to 10 

Kohli is actually the one well equipped to bat till the end so he is one who should be taking less risk and scoring singles to put the guy at the other end on strike to go after the bowling to bring the RRR down esp. with 6 more wkts in hand 

Yuvraj Singh gets out on the last ball of the 14th over. Ind is 94 .... RRR = 13.4  .... Ind needed an 18 ball 35-40 from him 

Finally you admit he got out at the right time..Had he got out earlier, it could have well been over for India if no one from the other end was able to form a partnership....he is performing much better than robot, dhawan and Raina and his spot is not under the scanner except for a couple of icf posters...lol

Edited by Ranjha
18 minutes ago, Ranjha said:

Finally you admit he got out at the right time..Had he got out earlier, it could have well been over for India if no one from the other end was able to form a partnership....he is performing much better than robot, dhawan and Raina and his spot is not under the scanner except for a couple of icf posters...lol

Couple of posters! :laugh: Set up a poll how many would support Pandey over Yuvraj and you will see it for yourself. Yuvraj is simply too old and unfit to play at this level and that's been the case for 5 years now.

6 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Couple of posters! :laugh: Set up a poll how many would support Pandey over Yuvraj and you will see it for yourself. Yuvraj is simply too old and unfit to play at this level and that's been the case for 5 years now.

This forum is not a reflection of entire Indian cricket fans. Set up the poll if it makes you happy...like I said look elsewhere too for eg first post article 95% of ppl supported Yuvraj in comments..what you go to say about that?

6 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I don't see anyone going on and on against Yuvraj other than rett and you.it seems he kidnapped your sister or something...

9 hours ago, Ranjha said:

I don't see anyone going on and on against Yuvraj other than rett and you.it seems he kidnapped your sister or something...

I have been following cricket extensively since 90s and have been asking for all those who are past their best to be not picked (or retire) including Kapil and Tendulkar .... I follow Ind cricket and not players 

It is not hard to see that Yuvi, Raina, etc. are struggling. Yuvi's injury gives Ind an opportunity to at least make one change 

All you have been doing is trying to justify Yuvi on basis of points such as others did much worse (when that is not being debated as doing relatively bad is nothing to take pride in and at the point only Yuvi is injured. Are we discussing which one of the 2-3 injured players should be replaced?)

Edited by rett