Gambhir vs Dhawan

GautiMaan

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Both are not the answer.

Going back to Gambhir is like digging out old tatty underwear and wearing them just because they fit when all common sense tells you to its time to throw it away and move on.   

Dhawan has never truly convinced. Has ropey technique, his form is horrendous and he is embarrassingly bad in the T20 format. Drop him and unless he makes some serious runs don't bring him back. 

Younger and better talents out there if only the selectors bothered to look and build a side for the future.  

The old underwear is tatty in some conditions (test matches) but not in others (T20).

(I am also in favor of a youngster and not Gambhir btw)

14 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Attitude problem. Gambhir was known for infightings and groupism within the team. MSD has complained about him many times that he deliberately underperforms sometimes. Dhawan is a top guy and a complete team man. Yes he may be struggling with little bit of form but would surely be back. No need to bring back than frown faced GG.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nonsense what use is a team man if he cant deliver when the team needs him the most?

And to remind you what a real team man is http://gulfnews.com/sport/cricket/finishing-touch-gambhir-shares-award-with-kohli-1.558025

Edited by GautiMaan

1 hour ago, GautiMaan said:

Nonsense what use is a team man if he cant deliver when the team needs him the most?

And to remind you what a real team man is http://gulfnews.com/sport/cricket/finishing-touch-gambhir-shares-award-with-kohli-1.558025

Seems like an attempt by Gambhir to get Kohli on his side. There's no doubt that Gambhir had issues with Dhoni.

But when you have issues with a guy of the stature of MS Dhoni, it's best to lay low. But laying low is not Gambhir's style. Unlike many other cricketers, Gambhir comes from a very rich family. Kind of like Saurav Ganguly.  

He's rich. He's spoiled. He has worked very hard. He's used to having things his way. And he's not going to take kindly to a politically astute Bihari from a lower middle class background bossing him around.

In the end Dhoni was just too big. Gambhir's own form waned, and Dhoni was quick to take advantage of this, exterminating Gautam Gambhir for his attempted coup. Or attempted rebellion, if you are a Gambhir apologist. 

RIP Gautam Gambhir.

Edited by kosingh

Don't personally care about age when it comes to selection. Is Gambhir one of the 11 top cricketers in the country currently? If so, he should be in the team. Hate it when selectors are willing to compromise on the immediate results just because they want to groom youngsters for the future.

On 4/17/2016 at 5:45 PM, Viper said:

Dhawan should be no where near T20 side

Gambhir is done in INTL cricket..

But anyday Gambhir > Dhawan

By the way Gambhir wasn't in great form in 2015 as far as i know he delivered 3 ducks straight in last IPL i think

And followed that up with 3-5 half centuries on the trot. 

On 4/20/2016 at 11:01 PM, moniker said:

Don't personally care about age when it comes to selection. Is Gambhir one of the 11 top cricketers in the country currently? If so, he should be in the team. Hate it when selectors are willing to compromise on the immediate results just because they want to groom youngsters for the future.

Wrong question.

He has to be one of the 2 best opening batsmen in the country to find a place in the team. Virat at #3 is fixed. Gambhir can't bat at #4 or below anyway.