Best Emerging Indian Player to come from IPL 2016

CoverDrive

Best Indian emerging player from IPL 2016  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which young Indian player has impressed the most with his performance this IPL ?

• Rahul
    • Nair
    • Chahal
    • Kuldeep
    • Sandeep
    • Rana
    • K Pandya
    • Aravind

36 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Really stretching the definition of young since Aravind is 32

Even a washed up RP Singh is 2 years younger 

Yeah not arvind. Should stick to first-class and IPL

Mana Vohra is also a good prospect.

Samson and Other have disappointed big time.

Isn't Rahul already an international?

Samson disappoints, and Hooda proves himself to be a hack.

Pant is most likely to win it as he seems to be commentator's favorite. But, I'm not that convinced. Overall, lackluster season for new players.

Rahul first, Nair next. Rahul should be picked in all formats. 

I was also impressed with the composure and enterprise with which Sarfaraz played. I think he was very unlucky to have been dropped. In any other team, he would have been a near certainty. Pant also impressed with his attitude and audacious strokeplay. 

I was impressed by the following youngsters...

Krunal Pandya - maybe a replacement for Axar or Jaddu

KL Rahul - Should be a long term opener for India in all formats soon

Rishabh Pant - exciting wk-batsman and I expect him to make it to the Indian team soon. Definitely much more upside than likes of Saha or Ojha
Sarfraz Khan - should've gotten more games but I suspect he and Kohli are bound to clash sometime
Sandeep Sharma - The guy always performs when given a chance but somehow never gets a run in the Indian team. IMO he's much better than scatterguns like Aaron and Umesh

Karun Nair - he's more suited to odis IMO than T20s

4 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Rishabh Pant - exciting wk-batsman and I expect him to make it to the Indian team soon. Definitely much more upside than likes of Saha or Ojha
Sarfraz Khan - should've gotten more games but I suspect he and Kohli are bound to clash sometime
Sandeep Sharma - The guy always performs when given a chance but somehow never gets a run in the Indian team. IMO he's much better than scatterguns like Aaron and Umesh

Chahal

4 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Very well put, esp on Sandeep Sharma. Umesh and Aaron, though fast on the speed gun, rarely hurry batsmen for pace. I have seen Bhuv hurry batsmen into shots much more often than either of them due to his ability to seam and swing the ball. Its time we give due recognition to bowlers with skill rather than just be blinded with what the pace gun says. Make no mistake - I am not abtrundler lover. I would love to see a Dale Steyn or even a Starc come up in India. But, the pacers we have are not of great quality honestly. They just record impressive numbers on the speed gun, but don't trouble the batsmen enough consistently. 

5 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

apne young players bahut mast hai :aha:

7 hours ago, zakk said:

apne young players bahut mast hai :aha:

Let's see how many graduate to the next level. Hope they don't take a step back like Hooda.

8 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

Chahal

Still not sold on Chahal. He lacks variety IMO like Mishra. Chahal is a quickish leg spinner who gets his wkts when the batsmen are going after him either chasing a stiff target or setting a high total that can challenge RCB's lineup. I don't think he has variety to beat batsmen and take wkts when the batsmen are not taking him on. I find him similar to Karn Sharma and hope he proves me wrong.

4 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Let's see how many graduate to the next level. Hope they don't take a step back like Hooda.

Still not sold on Chahal. He lacks variety IMO like Mishra. Chahal is a quickish leg spinner who gets his wkts when the batsmen are going after him either chasing a stiff target or setting a high total that can challenge RCB's lineup. I don't think he has variety to beat batsmen and take wkts when the batsmen are not taking him on. I find him similar to Karn Sharma and hope he proves me wrong.

Batsmen will always go after any bowler in T20s. And if they don't then we should definitely have him. T20 material . Don't expect him to to well in ODIs and Tests

Edited by sourab10forever