VRV to replace Zaheer

novpj

Just read on cricinfo that Zaheer is doubtful and that Pathan might play if he cant play. IMO we should replace him with ishant. At Pathan's pace I dont think he would be able to trouble the Aussies. hayden was already standing outside the crease against Zaheer - I just see him walking out and smacking Pathan ball after ball.

Pathan nowadays clocks as much as Zak or Ishant..... Pathan was consistently over 135, with peak touching 140 in the recent series... I dont mind picking him cos there is a considerable grass cover and the ball will swing... he can show a thing or two to Mitchel Johnson about bringing the ball bak into the right handers......

Zaheer Khan out for six weeks January 02, 2008 India's pace spearhead Zaheer Khan [Images] would be out of action for six weeks due to an ankle injury that kept him out of the second Test against Australia which started in Sydney on Wednesday. "Zaheer Khan is out for six weeks due to his injury," informed selection panel chief Dilip Vengsarkar to reporters in Mumbai before rushing into the Cricket Board's headquarters for a meeting presumably with other BCCI officials. The injury to the left arm pacer effectively rules him out of the four-Test series against Australia, which India is trailing 0-1 after their massive defeat at Melbourne. The third and fourth Tests are to be held at Perth and Adelaide later this month. Before the BCCI announces a replacement, the Board would consider the status of right arm pacer S Sreesanth [Images] who is recovering from a shoulder injury that ruled him out when the team for Australia was named in Bangalore on December 12. Munaf Patel [Images] is also likely to be considered even though the lanky pacer missed the flight to Australia as the selectors wanted him to play domestic cricket. Munaf did not play in Maharashtra's last two Ranji Trophy Elite Division league ties and officials here said they have been uanble to trace the pacer. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Paying price for non-stop cricket!!

Cricinfo reporting that VRV Singh will fly over and arrive on the 4th January. I need to ask some people what the bowler has shown in domestic cricket which does not translate into performances but still gets him selected over the dozen better domestic performers. Secondly, surely India must have got the message that their fast bowlers are: a) Not fit enough b) Not rotated enough c) Subjected to a cruel schedule d) Bowling too many overs an innings due to flat pitches at home