KL Rahul

PBN

40 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

OPEN.jpg

this is him before... was a biggest shock of this IPL both in terms of looks and batting style change.

More than Sachin I think Kohli is the new template all aspiring batsmen look up to. All these guys like Manish Pandey etc all have tattoos, facial hair etc etc.

Kohli is the dream - great batsmen with insane swag, huge bank balance, actress girlfriend etc.

2 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

Kohli says MC BC in very sentence and no one give a finger....this guy just got a different hair style and everyone has lost there shit.....

That is only one aspect of Kohli....he also sounds very articulate,classy and down to earth in interviews off-field.....He is totally focussed and obsessed on his game.

Rahul is still a nobody....first he needs to prove something before he shows off.

Even SRT i remember in the 90's tried goatee,beard and different hairstyles but first he was obsessed about his game.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

That is only one aspect of Kohli....he also sounds very articulate,classy and down to earth in interviews off-field.....He is totally focussed and obsessed on his game.

Rahul is still a nobody....first he needs to prove something before he shows off.

Even SRT i remember in the 90's tried goatee,beard and different hairstyles but first he was obsessed about his game.

Your being too harsh. Leaving a man-bun,posting a pic of having beer and being on toes on the field doesn't have anything to do with him being arrogant. I would have accepted if he had any arguments with players or umpires.

Questioning his dedication(not you maniac,others in the thread) is not right. What do you know about how he is worjing behindthe scenes. 

Also virat matured after some time in the team...he will too. Just like you said virat has another side to his onfield behaviour, Rahul might as well but we haven't seen that side given he hasn't done many interviews. I have met him personally at a golf club in my home town and he was every down to earth. Was open to talking about cricket skills to nobodies like us. I like him. This is the social media age and you need to have a little swag side of your for popularity on social media. Maybe thats the reason for his beer pic.

1 minute ago, sourab10forever said:

Your being too harsh. Leaving a man-bun,posting a pic of having beer and being on toes on the field doesn't have anything to do with him being arrogant. I would have accepted if he had any arguments with players or umpires.

Questioning his dedication(not you maniac,others in the thread) is not right. What do you know about how he is worjing behindthe scenes. 

Also virat matured after some time in the team...he will too. Just like you said virat has another side to his onfield behaviour, Rahul might as well but we haven't seen that side given he hasn't done many interviews. I have met him personally at a golf club in my home town and he was every down to earth. Was open to talking about cricket skills to nobodies like us. I like him. This is the social media age and you need to have a little swag side of your for popularity on social media. Maybe thats the reason for his beer pic.

:nice:

19 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

a solid run of 4 tests here would have set up Rahul nicely for the home season of tests, and then primed for the next cycle of away tours. Instead, we are now staring at the possibility of Dhawan cashing in on flat tracks and then failing predictably with his subpar technique away. Cannot believe the management aren't willing to take a long term view on this. 

Exactly. I don't understand the logic of giving more chances to Dhawan in test matches as he has never been able to cope with either the moving ball or the bouncing ball. ( and that is a big negative for a test opener especially )  Dhawan scoring runs on flat tracks would give a false sense of security to the team and he would let us down in away tours against good teams.

Rahul has shown that he has the will to improve and can play bounce and he should be given a long run to show his mettle. The WI series would have given him confidence.

Edited by express bowling

This is how Shikhar Dhawan has fared in tests outside the sub-continent

While 10 tests is not that many to form a definitive opinion, the weakness he has shown against bounce and movement is just not acceptable for a test opener.

From ESPNCricinfo :

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/28235.html?class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;host=1;host=2;host=3;host=5;orderby=default;template=results;type=batting

Records type batting analysis [change type]
View career summary [change view]
Home or away away (home of opposition) remove away (home of opposition) from query
Host country Australia remove Australia from query or England remove England from query or New Zealand remove New Zealand from query or South Africa remove South Africa from query
Ordered by default (ascending)

Career averages
  Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
unfiltered 19 33 1 1308 187 40.87 2149 60.86 4 2 4 174 4 Profile
filtered 10 20 0 580 115 29.00 1018 56.97 1 2 2 70 2

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, sarchasm said:

a solid run of 4 tests here would have set up Rahul nicely for the home season of tests, and then primed for the next cycle of away tours. Instead, we are now staring at the possibility of Dhawan cashing in on flat tracks and then failing predictably with his subpar technique away. Cannot believe the management aren't willing to take a long term view on this. 

Dhawan playing all 4 home test matches against SA was a mistake . I hope they learn soon that he isnt a long term option . His replacement may or maynot be Rahul , but it should be clear to anyone that we are wasting our time with Dhawan here 

2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Quelle surprise! 

Dhawan cashes in on a sluggish track to ensure KL warms the bench the whole series. Poor. 

A sub-par bowling attack, a good pitch and Dhawan cashing in.  He was horrible against the rising short deliveries bowled by Gabriel, popped up a couple of potential catches but there was no short-leg etc.  He always flatters against such weak teams only to deceive against good teams overseas.  That is the main problem.