RIO Olympics India Badminton watch

maniac

18 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

yup...lets wait and watch.

Saina ji ki meherbani hogi toh yeh thread hit hai :nice:

Srikanth is there too....Sindhu...also I think our doubles team is pretty highly ranked

14 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Not the biggest hope for sure. I expect Shooters be the biggest hope.

Saina is the only hope in Badminton. I hope, we don't have a draw with Sindhu and Saina in the same group.

SHooters to might surprise us but badminton because we have some highly ranekd players

32 minutes ago, maniac said:

Srikanth is there too....Sindhu...also I think our doubles team is pretty highly ranked

SHooters to might surprise us but badminton because we have some highly ranekd players

Shooters surprise??

They have been far more consistent than our badminton stars from London 2012. New names emerging all the time. Even in Badminton, we are doing better than before, but still a long way to go. The likes of Srikanth, Sindhu have developed a bit slowly. Some like Kashyap have faded away dramatically.

On 7/21/2016 at 10:38 PM, Adi_91 said:

Shooters surprise??

They have been far more consistent than our badminton stars from London 2012. New names emerging all the time. Even in Badminton, we are doing better than before, but still a long way to go. The likes of Srikanth, Sindhu have developed a bit slowly. Some like Kashyap have faded away dramatically.

After cricket and football I think only badminton can make us proud.Tennis too but only in doubles...which is not considered even close to singles.Even here we need the help of foreign players. 

4 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

After cricket and football I think only badminton can make us proud.Tennis too but only in doubles...which is not considered even close to singles.Even here we need the help of foreign players. 

Football? WHen did football make India proud? :confused:

You meant to say kabaddi :agree:

I think it is a question of how our badminton players handle nerves during the games. In Badminton, the chances of an upset are a lot higher from what I have seen. Of late, some unseeded players are stunning top ranked players. It is very difficult to predict if India's chances are bright or not at this stage. 

As the saying goes, we need to wait and watch. 

On 7/22/2016 at 8:49 PM, Adi_91 said:

I think it is a question of how our badminton players handle nerves during the games. In Badminton, the chances of an upset are a lot higher from what I have seen. Of late, some unseeded players are stunning top ranked players. It is very difficult to predict if India's chances are bright or not at this stage. 

As the saying goes, we need to wait and watch. 

Saina on her day can beat anyone...but I have doubts on her mental strength...a gun player but a big time choker

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Saina on her day can beat anyone...but I have doubts on her mental strength...a gun player but a big time choker

Not just her, even the Chinese women players have been slightly off color. Makes it extremely difficult to predict.

Saina, at best, can win Bronze going by her current form and the limitations she has. While, Sindhu lacks brains even though she's physically stronger than most Badminton players. You can relate her to Ishant Sharma :phehe: ...

As for Men's singles goes I can list at least 10 players who can easily thrash Srikanth at any stage of the game. He turned out to be a biggest disappointment following his win at China superseries after beating Lin Dan. Both Chen Long and LCW are the clear favorites to win gold.  

As for Double's goes, let's just say it's a waste of time to even talk about that. 

On 7/27/2016 at 9:26 AM, Adi_91 said:

Isn't Lin Dan playing? Also, Lee Chong Wei holds his own. 

The current Lin Dan is inferior to both CL and LCW. But there's nothing he hasn't been able to achieve in Badminton. He's the Roger Federer of Badminton, probably even bigger legend. 

39 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Saina, at best, can win Bronze going by her current form and the limitations she has. While, Sindhu lacks brains even though she's physically stronger than most Badminton players. You can relate her to Ishant Sharma :phehe: ...

As for Men's singles goes I can list at least 10 players who can easily thrash Srikanth at any stage of the game. He turned out to be a biggest disappointment following his win at China superseries after beating Lin Dan. Both Chen Long and LCW are the clear favorites to win gold.  

As for Double's goes, let's just say it's a waste of time to even talk about that. 

Completely agree with your views. Exactly my thoughts.

On 06/08/2016 at 8:00 PM, Lannister said:

Sindhu on he day can beat anyone , I think against the chinese shes a better bet than Saina . She's inconsistent but tends to play her best in bigger tournaments . 

Doubles , Ashwini screwd her career sticking to Jwala for so long . She should have moved on to a younger player by now .

Sindhu looks a lot more versatile and has the x factor.  Tall, good reach, and cross court smashes are good as well.   Lots of potential in the women's singles in Saina and Sindhu me thinks.  Let's hope for the best