M.S Dhoni Trailer out- Finally an answer by trailer that why he dropped seniors.

40 minutes ago, Viper said:

Irony is players who you people say he threw out are all from big cities

Sehwag (delhi) , Gambhir (delhi ) , yuvi (punjab) 2 to 3 others you guys claim.

Mumbai is over rated never produced any good players.. Most of them are selfish from gavaskar in wc to one other i wouldn't like to mention cause he hasn't had a bio yet..

Ash and Rohit are your best players not sure what you are complaining about.. are you feeling bad cause Umesh isn't selected ahead of ishant ? 

No they actually say players he threw were the player he felt threatened for his captaincy 

Funny that was...............specially guys like yuvraj n bhajji who would never become captain

He didnt threw the players out, those players didnt deserve to hold a spot a team with their performances. I admire sehwag for admitting in public that he was dropped coz he wasnt making runs. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Irony is his favorite players he backs are all from big cities Rohit(Mumbai),Ishant(Delhi),Ashwin(Chennai),Rayudu(Hyderabad/Baroda)......except may be Jadeja,RP Singh and Raina

He hasnt backed Raydu but he has said that he appreciates the effort he puts in and how committed he is. 

Ishant was shown door by him only in ODI

A lot of PPl forget he backed yuraj Post 2007 when yuvi had a lot of up n down. He had a horrible Cb series and yet dhoni backed him till SL innings came. He was dropped Before WC and dhoni fought with selectors for yuvraj.

He backed gambhir also , as he wanted gambhir to take ganguly place. Before that CB series even gambhir was in n out of team. Dhoni always admired his ability to rotate strike which went against sourav. 

I'd Rather Add Vijay, Nehra, bhuvi, mohit sharma

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 minutes ago, Sujithmb13 said:

Sushant's shot looks more aesthetically pleasing than the real one's :P .Btw a very average trailer.U need a Maniratnam to pull of biopics with elan(Iruvar) which the bollywood lacks.It's all about being glossy in bollywood.

Guru was also brilliantly made by ratnam, but he has a certain type of cinema which is at another level but cinema is food where u get diff types of style and all should be enjoyed rather comparing it another. 

A sports film also needs have powerful drama and thrill as well which is huge strength of neeraj pandey. 

13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Guru was also brilliantly made by ratnam, but he has a certain type of cinema which is at another level but cinema is food where u get diff types of style and all should be enjoyed rather comparing it another. 

A sports film also needs have powerful drama and thrill as well which is huge strength of neeraj pandey. 

Mani's movies are magic.Now look at this .It looks like just plain imitation of the protagonist with facts we know (Like promoting up the border and hitting the winning six) but Mani would have done it with more detailing,exploited the grey or dark shade and straight on face without being melodramatic .Technicians like Santosh Sivan,pcs,Arr,Illayaraja would make it look even more classier

Edited by Sujithmb13
6 minutes ago, Sujithmb13 said:

Mani's movies are magic.Now look at this .It looks like just plain imitation of the protagonist with facts we know (Like promoting up the border and hitting the winning sex) but Mani would have done it witH more detailing,exploited the grey or dark shade and straight on face with being melodramatic .Technicians like Santosh Sivan,pcs,Arr,Illayaraja would make it look even more classier

Winning Sex:p:

Yes Mani ratnam movies are more layered but its to early to say anything in 3 min. 

With National icon n poeple who have god like figure u cant show much grey shades. Also there are so many people revolved around anything with such contrast can create huge issues. These are very tacky categories. 

Mani ratnam spends more time in layering characters which involves subtle details as well but neeraj pandey focuses more on drama and edge of seat tight screenplay both are diff forms of narriative. Baby was no zero dark thirty or argo yet it was good. 

As i said be it ratnam be it scorsese they all have their styles of telling a story. Some may show heroism others would show their grey sides and flaws. At the end of the i enjoy a gud film and every type of film

One thing that was horribel in trailer was over the top acting and into the face dialouges, poor casting . Mani ratnam can make a joker like abhishek bacchan act so naturally. His technicians have one more ace sreekar prasad, superb editor and rehman who gives music for him not illayaraja. Rehman n gulzar are the soul of his films they do their best work with him

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
6 hours ago, Sujithmb13 said:

Mani's movies are magic.Now look at this .It looks like just plain imitation of the protagonist with facts we know (Like promoting up the border and hitting the winning six) but Mani would have done it with more detailing,exploited the grey or dark shade and straight on face without being melodramatic .Technicians like Santosh Sivan,pcs,Arr,Illayaraja would make it look even more classier

Last few maniratnam films have been duds, like Ravan.

23 minutes ago, Viper said:

Trailer now has 8M views with 240k likes more than fan and sultan in 48 hours

it is a great trailer, tbh, apart form some generic cheesy dialogues. It might surpass Shivaay too which has become the most liked bollywood movie trailer.

Edited by rkt.india
58 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

20040221000504402.jpg

Mahender Singh Dhoni was in fine touch and made a match-winning 114 for East Zone against Central Zone. -- Pic. S. PATRONOBISH

East Zone's opening batsman, M.S. Dhoni's 114 versus Central was the best individual knock of the championship which also propelled the team to post the tournament's record total of 324 for four in 50 overs. This surpassed the previous best of 320 for four in 47.5 overs by West Zone against East at Rajkot in 1999-2000.

http://www.sportstaronnet.com/tss2708/stories/20040221000504400.htm

still remember this img ,1st time i heard of msd

Is there any footage available of dhoni innings against Kenya n Pakistan A which bought him into limelight

I was lucky enough to see those matches but there are no videos available of those innings now

Would love to revisit them

35 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Is there any footage available of dhoni innings against Kenya n Pakistan A which bought him into limelight

I was lucky enough to see those matches but there are no videos available of those innings now

Those matches were the first time I saw Dhoni bat. Those brutal hits and those sixes over cover were something else. Shots which he has lost the ability to play now. I have searched for those videos but have not found it.

27 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Those matches were the first time I saw Dhoni bat. Those brutal hits and those sixes over cover were something else. Shots which he has lost the ability to play now. I have searched for those videos but have not found it.

Yup i saw them and wondered what the hell is patel n karthik doing in the team and where was this guy hidden. I became an immediate fan of his and then there was a long wait before he made debut.

Our present selector Sandeep patil use to rate dinesh karthik so highly over him at that time and use to keep saying how he thinks dinesh karthik is potential dynamite on star news. 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yup i saw them and wondered what the hell is patel n karthik doing in the team and where was this guy hidden. I became an immediate fan of his and then there was a long wait before he made debut.

Our present selector Sandeep patil use to rate dinesh karthik so highly over him at that time and use to keep saying how he thinks dinesh karthik is potential dynamite on star news. 

Sandeep Patil took us back a chairman of selector.  He himself he does not think long term or about future. We need a new selection panel.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dont think anybody has that or will ever be found. That was not even an international match and i am sure recording matches was still not a thing in india at that point. 

Just now, sscomp32 said:

I dont think anybody has that or will ever be found. That was not even an international match and i am sure recording matches was still not a thing in india at that point. 

It was telecasted on Star i guess, channel would have it strange they never used it themsleves. Those innings were pure gold. The Pak attack he faced was a bloody good attack and the way he destroyed was quite unseen for an indian cricketer at that time.

My 1st reaction was we found our gilly, n i kept telling my frends we have someone like gilchrist god knows y isnt he getting a chance to be in the national squad. 

It was telecasted on Star i guess, channel would have it strange they never used it themsleves. Those innings were pure gold. The Pak attack he faced was a bloody good attack and the way he destroyed was quite unseen for an indian cricketer at that time.

My 1st reaction was we found our gilly, n i kept telling my frends we have someone like gilchrist god knows y isnt he getting a chance to be in the national squad. 

It was ten sports. I remember it perfectly. If it was star they would have it used it somewhere for sure.