Ranji Trophy 2016/17

Bleed-Blue

11 hours ago, express bowling said:

Could depend on the country being visited and the current form of Shardul Thakur.

12 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

Shardul Thakur will be the 5th pacer 

He was recently picked for 3rd test against NZ at home for injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar, though he did not get to play. I think he is on selector's radar. He could be picked anytime depending on the fitness of our bowlers. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

He was recently picked for 3rd test against NZ at home for injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar, though he did not get to play. I think he is on selector's radar. He could be picked anytime depending on the fitness of our bowlers. 

This team management likes fast bowlers and, in case Umesh or Ishant are not able to  play overseas,  it is possible that Aaron will be specifically asked for by the team management to replace the pace of Umesh or Ishant.

In other cases, Shardul is definitely the front runner....and a deserving one at that IMHO.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

This team management likes fast bowlers 

More than that,I think there is better communication now between different management and coaches and selectors since fab5 retired.  You could see Shastri talking yesterday how Jayant was picked on the recommendation of Dravid as he had seen him in camp of India A and continuously recommended him to Shastri when he was interim coach. Similarly, Kumble knows what he is doing as far as using the players. Them running this management is better idea since people like Dravid, Kumble and other greats have good communication and brain between them unlike the knuckleheads before. 

I am still not sure about Kumble the coach, but so far so good. 

3 minutes ago, Unleashed said:

How fast is Rahul Shukla? Saw him play once in IPL(I think) and he was bowling in 140. I loved that leftie pace bowler we had in U19 World Cup too. Is he playing in Ranji? 

Rahul Shukla bowls a heavy ball and hurries batsmen.

His release speeds vary sharply from match to match, when ever I  have seen him.   Can bowl 135 k to 142 k and also does bowl 130 k to 137 k.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Interesting

Among the new pacers playing in Ranji......Mohsin Sayyed,  Amit Kuila,  Md, Siraj,   Babashafi Pathan and Lalit Yadav are said to have some pace....and Tushar Deshpande maybe.

This year ipl will be exciting...with all these players