England tour being put in jeopardy by Anurag Thakur, Ajay Shirke: Lodha Panel

i dont understand what are those extraordinary reforms you are talking about. After Srinavasn gone, BCCI is pretty much a corruption free body. Srini was the real leech.

Bcci is not corruption free .Bcci does not want its finance's audited by Cag nominee.Also Major corruption are in state associations which will get curbed.

19 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

You are assuming that the boards will have same interests.Its wrong.Now Maharashtra has Vidarbha,Maharashtra and Mumbai.Vidarbha is on onse side and Maharashtra and Mumbai on the other side on Lodha reforms.

By removing votes the the non voting members become associate members and their fund allocation goes down.

They will be replaced by the likes of Pondicherry Manipur etc etc.Does this make any sense?

I won't be able to tell anything about that case as I don't have good idea about the privileges these associations could loose.

One thing I can say is small things have to be sacrificed for the main cause which is better running of bcci thereby improving indian cricket.

I still don't know how people back BCCI. BCCI has done great things for Indian cricket. But there are many loopholes. Corrupt people always get elected as BCCI presidents. Sharad pawar, Srinivasan no matter if they ousted from power they keep coming back. It will be ignorance to say BCCI is good now that Srinivasan is gone. Srini will come back under the current rules. The rules are needed to be tigthened. The Hyderabad cricket admin guy is a corrupt guy as well. He openly discriminated against rayudu only because he had a fight with his son in one of the matches. Do you things like these to happen ? Do you still want loopholes ?

Even the foreign Journos are mocking the embarrassment that is running BCCI and calling their bluff .

The England squad are pretty much laughing off any suggestion that the tour could be abandoned. They will not be required to pay any hotel bills - the BCCI has a contract with the hotels accommodating England on this trip and cannot wriggle out of that obligation - and it seems, instead, they are caught up in a PR battle between the BCCI and the Supreme Court of India. It is the sort of tiresome brinksmanship that may come back to bite the hosts when global events are being allocated.

Only a few days ago, there were attempts to plant stories in the media about England not being given the warm-up game they wanted ahead of the first Test as the BCCI could not afford to stage it. It was news to England. Their schedule is an on-going problem and squeezing in a warm-up game between the end of the Bangladesh tour and the first Test in India was not an appealing prospect for a squad that go through life in a constant state of near exhaustion.

There is little reason to doubt that England will train again on Saturday, depart for Rajkot on Sunday and start the next leg in their never-ending tour on Wednesday when the first Test begins.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/1064782.html

Even the foreign Journos are mocking the embarrassment that is running BCCI and calling their bluff .

The England squad are pretty much laughing off any suggestion that the tour could be abandoned. They will not be required to pay any hotel bills - the BCCI has a contract with the hotels accommodating England on this trip and cannot wriggle out of that obligation - and it seems, instead, they are caught up in a PR battle between the BCCI and the Supreme Court of India. It is the sort of tiresome brinksmanship that may come back to bite the hosts when global events are being allocated.Only a few days ago, there were attempts to plant stories in the media about England not being given the warm-up game they wanted ahead of the first Test as the BCCI could not afford to stage it. It was news to England. Their schedule is an on-going problem and squeezing in a warm-up game between the end of the Bangladesh tour and the first Test in India was not an appealing prospect for a squad that go through life in a constant state of near exhaustion.

There is little reason to doubt that England will train again on Saturday, depart for Rajkot on Sunday and start the next leg in their never-ending tour on Wednesday when the first Test begins.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Where is this from?BCCI?

Between those defending BCCI , can they tell us how many training academies BCCI is running in the country to identify and groom young players ?

For example German FA has academies every 20 km in Germany and trains thousands of coaches to ensure that every young kid with potential is identified and developed from a young age .That is professionalism.

All BCCI and state boards care is making more money for themselves and their crooked colleagues .

If we had a professional board that genuinely cares about cricket and producing cricketers and establishing means we could own the sport with the resources available .But we can't even produce single world class fast bowler .

Baniyas will remain baniyas. Bcci is a joke. If I was CJI, by now I would have gotten all the bcci members hauled up in jail for showing dissent to court.

I am sure bcci isa corrupt lot and fixing of matches take place frequently that's why they don't want any transparency or changes. It sickens me that hardly an popular ex player or current player has commented on this episode. Just shows that all of them are puppets of bcci. A bcci team indeed. 

21 hours ago, Shamim.Miah said:

I think people like Sachin Tendulkar or Sourav Ganguly should head BCCI.

Does it alway's have to be some administrator or big business men?

Sachin is good in cricket not necessarily in management or admin, Ganguly i am not sure may be he is good.

With just four days to go for the first India-England Test at Rajkot, Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA) secretary, Niranjan Shah has dismissed reports claiming that England’s tour is in jeopardy given the Supreme Court’s order restricting the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) from disbursing funds to its state associations and carrying out any other financial transactions without the apex court’s consent.

“If the Indian cricket board can’t make any payments to the visiting teams or for any other expenses involved in organising the Test match that has been allotted to the SCA, I assure you, there is no need to worry as our association is quite capable of bearing all expenses,” Shah told mid-day yesterday.

“For that matter, I don’t think even Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Mumbai, Andhra Pradesh, who are hosting the remaining Tests, will also feel any pressure as they too should be able to bear all the expenses involved while organising the matches,” added Shah. He admitted that in case there would be any further instructions from the Lodha panel to the state associations, then the situation could change.