Republic TV : Arnab Goswami ' s new venture : [update] Launching today May 6th 2017

tweaker

11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

The best way to be nationalistic is to say the truth. Without bias. Without trying to enforce your perspective on the viewer. Objective reporting in a nut shell.

According to me, Arnab is just the upwardly mobile English speaking middle/upper middle class equivalent of Salman Khan.

Mass appeal and no substance. Personality driven coverage.

Mariyam ji! He isnt lieing news reporter. He can prioritise ask questions what he deems fit his agenda or channel. Same is true for anti Modi NDTV And India today group. Its just that latter have been repeatedly caught involved in spreading lies. For example "intolerance" story or Hindu terrorism which was directly pushed by Nehru family. And rightly punlic has rejected them. 

Edited by mishra

The Delhi High court has issued a notice to former Arnab Goswami, the former editor-in-chief of the group's Times Now channel, in the case pertaining to the alleged breach of employment contract and misusing intellectual property of Times Now, the channel owned by Bennett Coleman and Company Ltd (BCCL)

1 hour ago, tweaker said:

The Delhi High court has issued a notice to former Arnab Goswami, the former editor-in-chief of the group's Times Now channel, in the case pertaining to the alleged breach of employment contract and misusing intellectual property of Times Now, the channel owned by Bennett Coleman and Company Ltd (BCCL)

looks like "Nation wants to know" is IP of Times Now :rotfl:

Congress MP Shashi Tharoor on Friday filed a civil defamation suit against Arnab Goswami and newly- launched news channel Republic TV in the Delhi High Court claiming damages and compensation of Rs two crore for allegedly making defamatory remarks towards him while airing news relating to the death of his wife Sunanda Pushkar.

Since its launch in May, Republic TV has found itself in the crosshairs of both politician and activists. The latest being former Jawaharlal Nehru University Students Union vice-president Shehla Rashid’s dressing down of the channel’s Snehesh Philip when he tried to record what she was saying outside the Press Club of India on September 6. 

On 5/20/2017 at 11:10 PM, mishra said:

Mariyam ji! He isnt lieing news reporter. He can prioritise ask questions what he deems fit his agenda or channel. Same is true for anti Modi NDTV And India today group. Its just that latter have been repeatedly caught involved in spreading lies. For example "intolerance" story or Hindu terrorism which was directly pushed by Nehru family. And rightly punlic has rejected them. 

Arnab got called out for lying. And Rajdeep Sardesai of all people called him out.

#ArnabDidit Is trending on twitter.

Arnab Goswami and Rajdeep Sardesai, two senior journalists in India, used to work together at NDTV. During Gujarat riots of 2002, NDTV had sent its journalists to the state to cover the event. Rajdeep Sardesai, then Arnab's senior, was on the ground with a few other colleagues but not Arnab. Arnab did go to Gujarat during the time and did report from there, but what he did not experience first-hand was something Sardesai did. 

Speaking during an event organised in Assam, when the Congress government was in power there, Arnab claimed to go through something he did not in reality. This is what he said in the video that has now gone viral.

"2002. And we came out 50 meters from his residence, we are stopped, suddenly our ambassador car is stopped and there are people who are breaking the windows with "trishuls". All the windows are broken. It is almost as if there are trishuls all around. I know it's very unsavoury, but I must share with you the reality of life as I've seen it. When that happens, we are all told to reveal our religion. It is 50 metres from the chief minister's house. How it happened, I don't know. We said we are journalists. "No, No, what is your religion? What is your religion?". And, thankfully, let me tell you, there was nobody from the minority community with us. But one of our people; we had our identity cards, press cards. My driver did not have a press card. And I look at... I was sitting in the front [of the car]. I've an obsession of sitting in the front seat; I looked to my right and I can see the look on my driver's face. When people talk about secularism, I've seen hate from up close and I know that group of people could have killed him. He had a tattoo. He put up a "Hey Ram" or something on his... it is not a tattoo, it is just an imprint that you put which stays with you. He showed that and we walked out. But I saw for that moment how scared you..." [video abruptly ends][.quote]

You can read the whole article here

Edited by Mariyam