The USA/CANADA Thread

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Wow!!! Lebron,Steph Curry and Durant for the same team :drool:

Yeah, and going to Carribean on first tour :) :aha:

Btw, Jaskaran guy is a top hitter. Someone who can easily play in IPL for any team as an opener.

The guy smacked hell out of Afridi and his team during some game couple of years ago in Houston. Sunny Sohal too has been in top form. 

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yeah, and going to Carribean on first tour :) :aha:

Btw, Jaskaran guy is a top hitter. Someone who can easily play in IPL for any team as an opener.

The guy smacked hell out of Afridi and his team during some game couple of years ago in Houston. Sunny Sohal too has been in top form. 

Didn’t sunny sohal play in the IPL or was that a different guy? Looked like a hack and a quota player,like that ward counselor who played for Hyderabad one time 

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Didn’t sunny sohal play in the IPL or was that a different guy? Looked like a hack and a quota player,like that ward counselor who played for Hyderabad one time 

He did but he wasn’t that bad. In t20s not many people click every time as its the toughest format to start scoring and make a lot of runs since in t20s you have to start scoring fast without settling down unlike in 50 overs where you can take your time and hence the averages are low and many top 50 overs player don’t do as well.

44 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Anybody know if Derrick Kallicharan and Lindon  Fraser are still involved in USA cricket? 

The whole management changed once ICC took over. There is no more Dainty or any of the old staff. USACA is history and new board is here. Ricardo Powell is the selector.

20 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

The whole management changed once ICC took over. There is no more Dainty or any of the old staff. USACA is history and new board is here. Ricardo Powell is the selector.

Thanks. ...it was a long time ago that Derrick played for USA not sure if Lindon ever did.  They went to USA in mid 80's instead of going back to Guyana who they played for.  A friend goes out to California each year  from India to do coaching clinics he also played as a"pro" in Houston for a few years.  You are involved in USA cricket? 

34 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Thanks. ...it was a long time ago that Derrick played for USA not sure if Lindon ever did.  They went to USA in mid 80's instead of going back to Guyana who they played for.  A friend goes out to California each year  from India to do coaching clinics he also played as a"pro" in Houston for a few years.  You are involved in USA cricket? 

I play in different leagues here in DMV area and in New York.

You taked about Houston, Houston is vsry popular because you can play cricket there all year u like my region or many other regions where you can’t play much in winter due to snow.

Houston had a brilliant batsman named Sushil Nandkarni from Bombay who also captained USA before retiring few years ago. Top batsman.

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I play in different leagues here in DMV area and in New York.

You taked about Houston, Houston is vsry popular because you can play cricket there all year u like my region or many other regions where you can’t play much in winter due to snow.

Houston had a brilliant batsman named Sushil Nandkarni from Bombay who also captained USA before retiring few years ago. Top batsman.

Yeah he told me it was popular place for cricket . Once he retired from Ranji trophy he went to Houston then to California to play . I think Derrick was in new York lost touch with him a lot of years ago . Great to hear you play out there 

38 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

What happened Naseer Jamali and Hammad Shahid and that spinner who used to be their captain?

Hammad and Jaspreet, the sardar guy who used to bowl fast both were injured and their replacements did decent.

Bowlers have had hard time coming back as usually has usually done decent with different seam bowlers or many times on spin tracks, spinners like Tamil Patel and Kenjige have kept runs in check and made sure opposition do not out a big total.

The biggest problem has been with USA batting.

I think Jaskaran should be seen as long term and I would hope Fahad Babar is given a chance.

USA is losing all the games due to their batting and that is where they need to fix things. They have decent pool of bowlers and Hammad or someone will eventually get their chance back, but it is the batting which needs to be put lot of attention towards.

The talent available in USA, we should be chasing 200 odd totals now and shouldn’t be struggling like we have recently.

18 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Hammad and Jaspreet, the sardar guy who used to bowl fast both were injured and their replacements did decent.

Bowlers have had hard time coming back as usually has usually done decent with different seam bowlers or many times on spin tracks, spinners like Tamil Patel and Kenjige have kept runs in check and made sure opposition do not out a big total.

The biggest problem has been with USA batting.

I think Jaskaran should be seen as long term and I would hope Fahad Babar is given a chance.

USA is losing all the games due to their batting and that is where they need to fix things. They have decent pool of bowlers and Hammad or someone will eventually get their chance back, but it is the batting which needs to be put lot of attention towards.

The talent available in USA, we should be chasing 200 odd totals now and shouldn’t be struggling like we have recently.

The bowlers are in 30s and would be useless. I liked both of them because they were young too. I though Fahad had problem with his visa.

3 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

The bowlers are in 30s and would be useless. I liked both of them because they were young too. I though Fahad had problem with his visa.

Interesting, most caribbean places shouldn’t have visa problems if you have GC.

Yes, Hammad was fast when I saw him last an year ago.

He was struggling with injuries I guess.

Typical Experience enjoying  a US vs Canada match

brown guy  ct brown guy uncle b black guy uncle 

hey i I see a random white guy fielding

oh wait the random white guy when he talks has an accent is it Southern twang or Yankee accent hmmm

it is South but not South as in Texas etc South as in Durban etc

another out of shape white guy spotted he is definitely from the south

but he didn’t say good morning y’all, he said good morning mate....ah I see South Australian

oh wait that fat Indian uncle is darting the ball. Did I interview him for a job before....nah he is too old probably interviewed me for a job.

hey there is another black guy...I swear I have seen him before....oh right that looks like Nixon Mclean, the guy I saw in 1997 in Australia...ah it is him....looks like he works as a docker  in Florida after WICB fked him over....gotta feed the 7 kids and the 8th on its way....cricket USA probably pays better than shipyards

The wicket keeper is an asshole...no he is not cheating on the pitch but he sold me the Chinese made iphone case for $20 bucks that probably cost a $1 on eBay.

who is that Indian guy trundling at 82 mph.....commentator said he had “Federer” on his car and Kohli tattooed on his arm, sounds familiar.

guarantee most of us experience this :)

Edited by maniac