Yuvraj - Mirage or are there signs he is back?

7 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

you all are thinking that UV and DHONI won us the Match yesterday but the truth is

BHUVI ( his Yorkers and slow balls in the end), Ashwin, bumrah and even Jadeja won us the Match yesterday.

They all helped us to win 

you say no good . But tracks in England for odi been super flat . England scored 444, if pitches like this then good to have bullies like yuvraj and dhoni 

or are you saying what pujara and co for odis ?

13 hours ago, rkt.india said:

actually, it was the ODI series after his come back in 2012 where the struggled the most after doing well in the T20. So, they thought T20 will suit him due to his fitness issues and played him there and not in ODIs. 

Oh yea one odi series to decide a future of a legend coming after cancer comeback.

t20 cricket needs youngsters these days..plain and simple.

19 minutes ago, Stumped said:

All 3 are not picked because they're not considered the best options. Ironic that you call the current attack trundlers when all of the 3 bowlers you have mentioned are usually slower than 4 of the 5 pace bowling options in the squad (Stokes, Woakes, Ball, Plunkett)

There's a lot of "grass is greener" syndrome amongst Indian fans starving for a pure tearaway type hostile fast bowler - a la Johnson, Starc etc. If Wahab Riaz wasn't Pakistani, this bunch would be in total love/lust 24/7.   So what if Wahab is pedestrian when it comes to taking wickets for his team - you know - the job that bowlers are in the team for.  Anyone who doesn't fit that mould, or "look the part" can be dismissed as a trundler - facts be damned.  Its an ICF thing :p:  

I'm gonna get attacked by the mob now.

Again back in 2003 up till 2011.  Yuvraj was king v short ball.  I always felt our best player of short ball.  After that it then for some reason became his weakness.

Now on this wicket v thes same bowlers, yuvraj would have struggled, looked akward and got out after soaking up 20 balls for 5 runs.  He wouldhave looked shaky.  In his previous comebacks played on flat tracks like this and looked like dear in the headlights.

BUT in first odi after breif knock first knock I started this thread.  Why?  Because his walk to the creae, his stance, face expression and body language.  Then followed by his also breif knock., he looked arrogant and imperious, the yuvraj of old.  Was it a mirage?  Well 150 in imperious arrogance imo says  no.

The way he he was playing short balls was like yuvraj in 2003, arrogant, like swatting a fly.  The other shots of the bat just fizzed and hummed, pinging.  Like I said previous coime backs ball not hitting his bat right like this.  Has he worked hard and now compenentrs there?  I feel maybe big case of this.  Its not just scored the 150 it was the manner of it.

Also give credit haters.  Walks in with team 3 down for not many.  Career hanging by finger nails, failed could have been last game.  And does this...

2 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Superb in 2003 world cup with match winning kock v Akthar/wasim and waqar in South Africa.  If old Yuvraj is back this wont bother him the bounce

As  I said earlier, Yuvraj was very good at hitting the rising short balls till 2011.  After that he started to have problems with this delivery.

I would like to see if he has reduced this later-developed-weakness on a reasonably bouncy pitch like Eden.  Won't get green-tops in ODis these days and that will of-course not matter.

Edited by express bowling