Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2017

tweaker

Gambhir showing how to bat on this Himachal pitch and in these conditions where everyone has failed in last 3 days. People are batting at a strike rate of 70 here and Gambhir just reached 50 at a strike rate of 140.

Good stuff from the exprienced man. He likes rotating and that is the best way to play on these tracks where you just drop and run and wait for the bad ball to hit the boundary. 

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This is why some of us here have been clamouring about Hooda's inclusion.

No way are Pandey and Yuvraj better than Pant and Hooda in T20Is.

The team management and selectors really really need to look beyond big or established names while choosing teams for LOIs.

I honestly don't care if Hooda is not picked in 2020, he should be getting picked in 50 overs. Basically all 50 overs good performances are looked highly and thats how players usually make it to the 2020 team. That is how Pandey got his chance in 2020 even though he shouldn't be there.

Now watch, after his heroics in 50 overs recently, Jadhav should find his place in 2020 soon. 

If they give chance to Hooda in the 50 overs, he will cement his place in the team in both the LOI formats. 

14 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I honestly don't care if Hooda is not picked in 2020, he should be getting picked in 50 overs. Basically all 50 overs good performances are looked highly and thats how players usually make it to the 2020 team. That is how Pandey got his chance in 2020 even though he shouldn't be there.

Now watch, after his heroics in 50 overs recently, Jadhav should find his place in 2020 soon. 

If they give chance to Hooda in the 50 overs, he will cement his place in the team in both the LOI formats. 

There is no opening in the ODI side whereas there can be 2 openings in the T20 side

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

There is no opening in the ODI side whereas there can be 2 openings in the T20 side

Ya but unfortunately, we hardly play that many twenty20s. By the time we play next 2020, he might already be part of 50 overs and probably be the first choice for 2020 also. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Ya but unfortunately, we hardly play that many twenty20s. By the time we play next 2020, he might already be part of 50 overs and probably be the first choice for 2020 also. 

I was talking about the current 3 match T20I  series going on...where I would have selected Pant and Hooda in place of Yuvraj and Pandey in the playing 11

Our selectors and team management are confusing formats

Edited by express bowling
6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I was talking about the current 3 match T20I  series going on...where I would have selected Pant and Hooda in place of Yuvraj and Pandey in the playing 11

Our selectors and team management are confusing formats

Yep everyone wanted that. This selection for 2020 has been one of the worst ones in recent times. 

If selectors thought that Yuvi will bowl also, than it is even a more pathetic selection that way too as he hasn't bowled anything in this series. 

Ideal thing would have been to let Yuvi and Pandey prove themselves in the SMA trophy. We would have come to know what kind of 2020 players they are at this time. And should have selected Hooda instead in the Indian team. If Jadhav can sit out after playing well in 50 overs, then so can Yuvi. 

Finally Punjab picked Ravi Inder today who has been absent and playing here in States. It was his first game today for Punjab in a long time and even though hejust scored 10,  trust me he is a top batsman. 

He should play 50 overs and should be part of India A for 50 overs team actually, he is that good. He averages 48 in List A, and needs to be given a fair chance. I just hope he clicks in this 2020 and that Bhajji plays him.