Jayant Yadav-Is he a long term solution?

maniac

Jayant has to go...people are coming up with stats really to make a point for him? Is this about proving a point to me or wanting India to do well and play the right combo

Jayant's average is just a result of certain circumstances...look he is decent utility and should be on the fringes as a back up but right now no spot for him. I don't think he serves a purpose at this point.

On 24/02/2017 at 8:43 PM, MechEng said:

Ishant Sharma is the Rocky Balboa from Rocky 1. He'll get hit for runs but will never give up and keep bowling.

Are you saying other bowlers give up bowling after getting hit.Never understood this keeps on bowling or keeps on running hard remarks for Ishant or for that matter any bowler.

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Jayant has to go...people are coming up with stats really to make a point for him? Is this about proving a point to me or wanting India to do well and play the right combo

Jayant's average is just a result of certain circumstances...look he is decent utility and should be on the fringes as a back up but right now no spot for him. I don't think he serves a purpose at this point.

What would be your playing XI?

8 minutes ago, Lord said:

On these pitches yes.If Shami was available then 2 would have been okay

Ashwin and Jaddu open the bowling anyway

On the driest of surfaces yadav was our best bowler...sure it would work if it is only the 2nd innings but in the 1st innings you need someone to atleast try for a breakthrough with the new ball and if the ball starts reversing you need 2 seamers.

1 seamer is a recipe for disaster...sure back in the day ganguly and srinath and 3 spinners would have been ok but now you do have Ishant and bhuvi who are international standard bowlers and I still think they are better bowlers than Jayant.

Ishant didn't do a lot so obvious replacement is Bhuvi...too risky to try a rookie seam bowler when we are 1-0 down so obvious replacements are Bhuvi and Nair

17 minutes ago, maniac said:

On the driest of surfaces yadav was our best bowler...sure it would work if it is only the 2nd innings but in the 1st innings you need someone to atleast try for a breakthrough with the new ball and if the ball starts reversing you need 2 seamers.

1 seamer is a recipe for disaster...sure back in the day ganguly and srinath and 3 spinners would have been ok but now you do have Ishant and bhuvi who are international standard bowlers and I still think they are better bowlers than Jayant.

Ishant didn't do a lot so obvious replacement is Bhuvi...too risky to try a rookie seam bowler when we are 1-0 down so obvious replacements are Bhuvi and Nair

Ishant was clueless on the same surface.Bhuvi is not suited for such conditions in a pressure match

Pandya is there but his batting is a huge doubt.If the track is similar,a spinner would still be better option.Maybe try Kuldeep if we play Nair.But harsh to write off Jayant after one match

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

With Shami injured, what other practical choice do we have in a crunch match on a flat deck   ?

Would be waste of a spot then.

Unless its a total patta,ther would be some turn.

Disappointing we havent groomed any backup.Shami injured and we are in this miss

31 minutes ago, express bowling said:

With Shami injured, what other practical choice do we have in a crunch match on a flat deck   ?

Genuinely would play hot talent . They can't do any worse then Ishant and in all probability would do better . 

Also so a new bowler who they don't know much about would add suprise factor and this alone may get a few out . Play the left arm seamer , variation as well 

19 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Genuinely would play hot talent . They can't do any worse then Ishant and in all probability would do better . 

Also so a new bowler who they don't know much about would add suprise factor and this alone may get a few out . Play the left arm seamer , variation as well 

Aniket is not even in the squad.

How much chance is there that the team will add him, going out of the way  ?

I don't mind trying him at all.  A  6'4"  tall  left arm quick, who can bowl up to 145 k and swing the ball,  definitely has the potential to add value.