Are Ashwin and Jaddu automatic choices for ODI and T20 sides?

BCCI

Are Ashwin and Jaddu automatic choices for ODI and T20 sides?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are Ashwin and Jaddu automatic choices for ODI and T20 sides?

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Jaddu pretty much is. Ashwin has been meh in bilaterals but ace in ICC 50 over events so I want him to be in the mix (but not play JAMODIs). In T20Is I think we can move on from Ashwin and play the likes of Chahal and Nadeem.

I think going in with a wrist spinner will be a better option ,epsecially in the middle overs.I too like Jadeja but his batting is not good enough.

18 minutes ago, BCCI said:

I think going in with a wrist spinner will be a better option ,epsecially in the middle overs.I too like Jadeja but his batting is not good enough.

Who'd be your first choice wrist spinner in ODIs? I think Jadeja is a fine no.8 but not good enough to bat at 7.

11 minutes ago, kira said:

Mishra is done, his story is over, he will never play for India again under kohli, bookmark it :aha:

Not sure about that, only time will tell. He is surely not the best player because his pressance of mind is sometimes absolutely zero on the field, but he is still a terrific bowler in ODI's and t20s. 

3 minutes ago, GreatestTeamAus said:

Ashwin and Jageja are extremely, overhyped(as always) by you indian fans, as a spin bowler, Nabi/Rashid are better bowlers,quintessentially you want to go with Shakib/Nabi if you want good bowling or batting, nothing impressive with Ashwin or Jadeja, rather take our home boy Maxwell, rather than them two. 

Yes, i agree Ashwin-Jadeja are overhyped spinners, but only in ODIs only, they are still the best in test matches.

But I couldn't get what u said in the next part. Shakib/Nabi from where?? We are talking about India XI, not Asia XI.... lol...:phehe:

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

For UK, I will pick Mishra and Jadeja. 

Ticsy, What about the head-to-head comparison between Axar Patel and Jadeja?  Patel showing a lot of improvement on the batting side in the last couple of seasons.  And is not a bad fielder either - not a massive downgrade from Jaddu.  I would still give Jaddu the slight edge for now, but its close.   And Axar's batting is on an upward curve, may still get better...

Ashwin can easily be replaced by Kuldeep if Kuldeep keeps on improving and performing. Jadeja can be replaced by another darter like Krunal who is also a better bat and slogger and is also very good fielder.

Chahal also needs to be kept in reckoning.

4 hours ago, sandeep said:

Ticsy, What about the head-to-head comparison between Axar Patel and Jadeja?  Patel showing a lot of improvement on the batting side in the last couple of seasons.  And is not a bad fielder either - not a massive downgrade from Jaddu.  I would still give Jaddu the slight edge for now, but its close.   And Axar's batting is on an upward curve, may still get better...

Dont trust Axar's bowling honestly. Seems too full to me for a spinner even on Indian wickets. I feel other Indian bowlers are better than him. Inmoght br wrong but his bowling to me is just okay.  I rather take  Kuldeep than Axar