Modi’s snub of Justin Trudeau

ravishingravi

7 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Sikhs living in India have no choice but to go on with their lives knowing that there will be no justice whatsoever. Sikhs living abroad see the difference between who things work in Indian democracy and how in developed countries and hence hope that it should also change in India, which I doubt will ever happen.

In the recent concluded Punjab elections, Majority of Sikh NRIs fully supported AAP and many even visited Punjab to try to persuade people to try a new party since both Congress & Akali-BJP had failed to do anything better for the people of Punjab. God knows whether the election was rigged or some mismanagement by AAP made them lose the elections. The result of this is....NRI's have completely stopped investing in Punjab...no more buying acres & acres of land which they did on a regular basis. Now many are selling their land & the land value is down and will remain to do so. On the other hand, real estate value has gone up so high here, $400K for a basic 2 Bdrm apartment, $700K for a 3 Bdrm Townhouse & over Million Dollars for a basic starter old house on a big lot or a small new house on a small lot. It's better to invest in a country where common sense prevails among people in general, no corruption, no pollution, no bribery....Human life has value. Very lucky to have moved & settled in this beautiful country....peace.

Buying acres and acres of land by the NRIs is not actually helping the locals- its actually making the problem worse, since the locals end up becoming landless farmers/urban migration poor. 

NRIs buying agricultural land in India is for their own security, as land will always hold some value ( safer but lower return option than stock markets).

14 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

If this is true, it's a good thing. People that settled abroad should stay there. Leave India for Indians.

It is not a zero-sum game. India can gain a LOT from the overseas Indians (not just NRIs) - theres millions of us and we are amongst also the most likely to invest in India. 
This is one thing I've noticed that India and Indian culture is inferior to China and Chinese culture (and probably the only major thing IMO)- China sees overseas Chinese as 'extensions of self' and Chinese overseas have a great ability to both drive investment into China as well as focus Chinese investments overseas. India desperately needs this dynamic with its overseas Indians and to be honest, the basics are there (but there is no concerted government effort towards this). 

1 hour ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Legally, they have no minority status in Punjab. Elsewhere, they could be considered a minority, but typically, they're seen the same way as buddhists or jains. They're mainstream. They even marry through the Hindu marriage act. And why on earth would someone voluntarily choose to be a minority?

Real minorities are the muslims, christians and lower castes like SC/ST/OBCs.

Huh? Less than 2% and not minority? Sikhs are a minority in India.you need to  look up the meaning of minority. 

Sikhs had  to marry through the Hindu Marriage act because the Indian laws did not used to recognize the Sikh marriage act until a few years back. 

Edited by PBN

20 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Some of the "punjabis" in UK are complete whack-jobs. They openly call for terrorism against india. From the article i mentioned above:

Safe haven for Indian Fugitives; Infested with Khalisitanis, Kashmiris, Bakis, Naxals + Direct UK govt. backing.... you name it. UKstan is playing a role in fe cking up Indian internal security in someway. 

11 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

@BeardedAladdin Wow!! some person's personal opinion is riling up you guys so bad....you guys are too weak...cheer up guys...Kuch nahi hoga Hindustan koh Khalistanio sey...the real enemies of India are from within...Paranoid people like you.....your retard politicians will keep going insane at each other to a gutter level and drag India to a dump, it's already 12th on the worst countries list.

https://www.thetoptens.com/worst-countries-live/

And Canada is :wp3:

https://globalnews.ca/news/3983045/canada-no-2-best-countries/

But why are you so afraid to condemn people who are openly calling for violence & worshipping a terrorist ??

I know that even prominent Sikhs who've called a spade a spade and called Bhindranwale and such as terrorists have been murdered in Canada. You are from Surrey, you should know the Surrey MP who got gunned down for calling out the terrorists for AI bombing. 

But this is the internet- why are you so afraid of condemning such scum ??

I don't understand how a community cannot be ashamed of big-upping terrorists and not be lumped in with the Islamists in the future. 
I guess the Canadian-Sikhs are not realizing how easy it will be for the mainstream here to lump them in with the muslims and their latent terrorist support once the issue does start becoming mainstream. 

Jagmeet Singh is doing far more harm, long term, to your community than you can see, because you are blinded by the fact that he is 'powerful politician and near the top'. 

What you fail to see, is that right now, most of Canada does not know about the widespread support for Sikh terrorists in Gurdwaras in Canada. 

Just like how videos of genocidal mullahs are slowly spreading and causing alarm amongst the mainstream, thanks to this 'Desi-copycat-Trudeau-Singh' , more and more people will realize that many Sikh Gurdwaras are also terrorist supporters. And then it will be a hole you would never be able to climb out of. 

The rest of Indo-Canadians will continue to call out the terrorist base in the Indo-Sikh community,because its the rest of Indo-Canadians who were the most affected by the Air India bombing. 

1 minute ago, Under_Score said:

I don't support Bhindranwale, show me one post I made here on ICF supporting Khalistan, I will condemn him after all the scumbag baby killers of 1984 riots are brought to justice....Bhindranwale died long time ago. Those rapists & killers of Sikh women  in India are still alive & well.....keep whining like you always have. :wp3:

Btw...aaj ke liya, itna hi kaaf hai...I have a life...unlike you...cheers!!

I am not asking you to denounce Bhindranwale.

I am saying, why arn't you denouncing these people in Sikh-Canadian communities - pictures and articles that are easy to find and have been found by many - who openly support Bhindranwale and the AI terrorists, call for violence in Punjab, etc ?

These are the the people in Canada, who are supporting terrorism and are thus damaging the reputation of YOUR comunity HERE. The more the media focuses on Jagmeet Singh, the more the association of 'terrorist Gurdwaras' will be with the Canadian public's mind on Sikhs. 

That should be more important to you, than  one up-manship with the Indian justice system. 

The conclusion is simple - you are also either sympathetic towards the terrorist supporter Sikhs in Canada (thus, making you one by tacit approval) or you are too scared to admit it. 

Being a BJP supporter I’ve hoped for long time of some sort of justice for victims ‘84 riots... It was a genocide... but I’m pained at Sikhs hating Hindus for the genocide... they were Congressi goons and I really hope NDA govt, instead of beating the bush, being some charges against Sajjan Kumar, Tytler etc.

Living abroad, I’ve realised that the Sikh community certainly feels strong about this issue. But there are Khalisthanis too. They’ve dedicated FM and TV channels for propaganda...

I really hope Congress pays for the genocide of ‘84. That’ll bring some sort of closure and stop BJP/Hindus being targeted for no reason...

RSS & Hindus didn’t killed the Sikhs for Indira Gandhi’s assassination... They were Congressis...

3 hours ago, asterix said:

Being a BJP supporter I’ve hoped for long time of some sort of justice for victims ‘84 riots... It was a genocide... but I’m pained at Sikhs hating Hindus for the genocide... they were Congressi goons and I really hope NDA govt, instead of beating the bush, being some charges against Sajjan Kumar, Tytler etc.

Living abroad, I’ve realised that the Sikh community certainly feels strong about this issue. But there are Khalisthanis too. They’ve dedicated FM and TV channels for propaganda...

I really hope Congress pays for the genocide of ‘84. That’ll bring some sort of closure and stop BJP/Hindus being targeted for no reason...

RSS & Hindus didn’t killed the Sikhs for Indira Gandhi’s assassination... They were Congressis...

True. Other than Congi mobs and its youth and student wings no other political party or org. was part of this. 

Number of Hindus who protected Sikh areas, houses and Gurudwaras is way higher than those who attacked in 84 riots.

Number of Hindus who feel this was a genocide is way higher than those who feel otherwise.

Number of Hindus who will be happy if Sajjan Kumar, Kamal Nath and Tytler are hanged is way higher than those who won't. 

Even after all this Hindus/Indians get so much hate from Sikhs in Canada/UK, which is sad. 

On 2/18/2018 at 1:40 PM, FischerTal said:

International pappu being shown his aukaat. i remember going to visit relatives in Calgary when oil prices were at their lowest last year. Alberta province's economy  basically runs on oil and they had been snubbed by this joker all for the sake of green energy. At the same time, he was welcoming in syrian refugees in droves. nobody says its wrong to help refugees but its bad optics especially when your own citizens are not being looked after first.  Average canadian is fed up of this barbie queen. he will be booted out in the next elections. 

with Harper what ever minimal international relevance Canada had is history too, this guy is a primadonna, only thing worse would be the jagmeet guy at the moment. Tamils+rest of North Indians make an equal size diaspora in Canada but wont vote in unison and are swayed by liberal party policies mostly. But the sikh seperatism politics is down to below.

Only good can come from swift reconciliation. Its good that a clear message is sent to Canada but it wont do much. Trudeau as his nations premier is defending his own people, the immigrant population he will. Modi as a statesman, Indian and global leader of higher standing should go further and reconcile the diaspora. 

1, 82 riots were real, it was bad ( congress caused it) but never reconciled. One of the staunchest communities in India sikhs were disillusioned because of it. still no justice.

2, Cause of this was fifth column subversion from pak inteligence in punjab earlier with separatism which was crushed. Ironic that dumb people at helm did not counter it with rhetoric at the time, during partition sikhs suffered the most at the islamic hands. 

3, Indian foreign policy should have given some importance to this and shaped the rhetoric in Canada, there is a sizeable population of estranged sikhs there, and govt of India should have reached out, apologied for the riots and made amends like a democracy would. This would have destroyed all pak inteligence designs, but no babus ended up getting banned from gurudwaras ( starting with Brampton lol and all in Canada/US and EU followed) so its not just Canada, the estranged Sikh population is Indian and India needs to reconcile with them. Apologize for the riots, call it genecide what ever and punish the guilty. 

4, This should be followed with change in rhetoric and change in false recourse related to Indian sikh separatism in Canada and  repent for the air india bombing from the Canadian Sikh community. This will effectively free the young Sikh leaders from being bracketed by this event in their political career ( see whats happening to the NDP guy, he cant say no or yes and is being exposed for no clear fault of his, he should not be asked to defend terrorists from his comunity but he will be unless the rhetoric changes.  They can easily galvanise pak/Indian immigrant voters together in local politics. 

Edited by Vilander

1 hour ago, Number said:

True. Other than Congi mobs and its youth and student wings no other political party or org. was part of this. 

Number of Hindus who protected Sikh areas, houses and Gurudwaras is way higher than those who attacked in 84 riots.

Number of Hindus who feel this was a genocide is way higher than those who feel otherwise.

Number of Hindus who will be happy if Sajjan Kumar, Kamal Nath and Tytler are hanged is way higher than those who won't. 

Even after all this Hindus/Indians get so much hate from Sikhs in Canada/UK, which is sad. 

the key thing is is this being communicated by Indian govt in Canada. They should , all this snub to Trudeau is ok all macho. But what about reconciliation with the Sikh community i mean that should be top priority for Indian foreign affairs.

12 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

The rest of Indo-Canadians will continue to call out the terrorist base in the Indo-Sikh community,because its the rest of Indo-Canadians who were the most affected by the Air India bombing.

why is there no voter base for this rest ? i have not seen any reasons in demographics per say its interesting. is it because rest of India folks are relatively new and more related to India and so less naturalized  involved in Canadian politics ? Need lots of Bongs and Maharastrians pronto in Canada..need politics folks..politics.

12 hours ago, Under_Score said:

@BeardedAladdin Wow!! some person's personal opinion is riling up you guys so bad....you guys are too weak...cheer up guys...Kuch nahi hoga Hindustan koh Khalistanio sey...the real enemies of India are from within...Paranoid people like you.....your retard politicians will keep going insane at each other to a gutter level and drag India to a dump, it's already 12th on the worst countries list.

https://www.thetoptens.com/worst-countries-live/

And Canada is :wp3:

https://globalnews.ca/news/3983045/canada-no-2-best-countries/

he pakistani poster. There are more layers there.

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

4, This should be followed with change in rhetoric and change in false recourse related to Indian sikh separatism in Canada and  repent for the air india bombing from the Canadian Sikh community. This will effectively free the young Sikh leaders from being bracketed by this event in their political career ( see whats happening to the NDP guy, he cant say no or yes and is being exposed for no clear fault of his, he should not be asked to defend terrorists from his comunity but he will be unless the rhetoric changes.  They can easily galvanise pak/Indian immigrant voters together in local politics. 

As @Under_Score and few other Canadian Sikhs demonstrate, Sikhs in Canada are either too scared or too brainwashed to stand up for the Air India bombing. They still think, its somehow justified to take Canadian lives and hide terrorists in their midst, because in another foreign country (India), Sikhs got the short end of the stick in terms of justice.

This is the same mentality you see from Islamists - ask them about Paris bombings and they will go 'what about Rohingyas ?' !!

The Tamil vote-bank will be as powerful as the Sikh one in the coming decades, but for the moment, they are too new in Canada and are still laying down their roots. 

You can already tell that the Tamils will be a legitimate challenge to the Punjabis as far as Indian identity goes because unlike rest of the Indians, the tamils are not renting halls and office buildings, plopping a statue in it and calling it the 'Durga temple', they are building mini gopuram style temples, replete with Tamil script and dressing like its Pongal in Canada.

The Canadian Sikhs will realize that aiding, abetting and supporting terrorists who killed Canadians will cost them in the future. It hasn't so far, because there was no Indian community in Canada outside of the Sikhs in significant numbers back then. Now, there is. As of 2011, there are half a million Hindus in Canada and 454,000 Sikhs in Canada.  Most of the Hindus are Hindi and Tamil speakers, with Bengali as the third group (though i suspect most Bengalis here are Bangladeshis). 

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

why is there no voter base for this rest ? i have not seen any reasons in demographics per say its interesting. is it because rest of India folks are relatively new and more related to India and so less naturalized  involved in Canadian politics ? Need lots of Bongs and Maharastrians pronto in Canada..need politics folks..politics.

Canadians in general are a-political compared to rest of the world. Yes, social media has made us more political but we still struggle to have more than 50% eligible voters go vote.

In North America, the most politically active (as in participating in the process) demographics are land owners. Because even the most minute shift in government leads to different taxes, agricultural schedules, etc. Of all the Indians, its mostly the Sikhs who come here and end up owning land and starting a farm. In BC, the interior is full of small towns and practically wherever there is farmland, there are a few Sikhs owning and operating it. 
I'd say this is the main reason why Sikhs in Canada punch above their weight politically and rest of Indians are the opposite. 

22 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

As @Under_Score and few other Canadian Sikhs demonstrate, Sikhs in Canada are either too scared or too brainwashed to stand up for the Air India bombing. They still think, its somehow justified to take Canadian lives and hide terrorists in their midst, because in another foreign country (India), Sikhs got the short end of the stick in terms of justice.

This is the same mentality you see from Islamists - ask them about Paris bombings and they will go 'what about Rohingyas ?' !!

The Tamil vote-bank will be as powerful as the Sikh one in the coming decades, but for the moment, they are too new in Canada and are still laying down their roots. 

You can already tell that the Tamils will be a legitimate challenge to the Punjabis as far as Indian identity goes because unlike rest of the Indians, the tamils are not renting halls and office buildings, plopping a statue in it and calling it the 'Durga temple', they are building mini gopuram style temples, replete with Tamil script and dressing like its Pongal in Canada.

The Canadian Sikhs will realize that aiding, abetting and supporting terrorists who killed Canadians will cost them in the future. It hasn't so far, because there was no Indian community in Canada outside of the Sikhs in significant numbers back then. Now, there is. As of 2011, there are half a million Hindus in Canada and 454,000 Sikhs in Canada.  Most of the Hindus are Hindi and Tamil speakers, with Bengali as the third group (though i suspect most Bengalis here are Bangladeshis). 

i also find a new niche opening up rest of Indian origin leaders can bridge the Indian( Hindi and Tamil speaking) and Tamil ( Non Indian but Hindu) groups, but i think they will take some time to grow up , not seen many visible business success stories among them yet. Guess its a process and takes time, and i get the same feeling about bengali's in canada feels like non Indian even if Hindu, may be from BD etc. 

10 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Your last paragraph of usual bull crap shows that you generalize all Sikhs of Canada & yet say you only dislike only Khalistanis...no point in discussion with a dumb person like you. Even in Canada Sikhs were early South Asian immigrants who had to deal with racism & competition from European immigrants, whites used to say..."Hindus go back"......But Sikhs fought, worked hard and established here. All the rest of the South Asian community started coming here after the racist people here had realized that Sikhs are here to stay. So instead of being thankful to Sikhs of Canada....you guys keep bitching & moaning...go on & do it, we don't need help of any other South Asians...we are all set & happy...Cheers!!

Saying it as is doesn't mean i dislike them. I have pointed out plenty of problems amongst the Hindu communty as well, so don't give me that crap.

Almost ALL the Sikhs i've come across are like YOU - who justify terrorism, support terrorism and say stupid stuff like ' we wont criticize Air India bombers who killed Canadians, till India prosecutes the ones who killed innocent Sikhs'. 

We are 'bitching and moaning' about the cowardice amongst the Sikh community in Canada, who do not have the balls to criticize the terrorists who killed Canadians in the name of Sikkhism. 

10 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Read this you unhappy person

Canadian Sikhs number roughly 468,670 people and account for roughly 1.4% of Canada's population.[1] Canadian Sikhs are often credited for paving the path to Canada for all South Asian immigrants as well as for inadvertently creating the presence of Sikhism in the United States. Sikhism is a world religion with over 35 million followers worldwide, with majority of their population in Punjab, India. The Legislative Assembly of Ontario celebrates the month of April as Sikh Heritage Month.[2][3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism_in_Canada

Um sure. 
Still doesn't change the fact that most of your Gurdwaras glorify terrorists and most of the Sikh-Canadians are either cowards who do not have the balls to criticize Sikh terrorists or are supporters of terrorism like you.