Bumrah is overrated

Singh bling

2 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

There was lot of dew and Jasprit just could not control the length of the ball. But this should not be an excuse as each team will play a lot of Night matches this IPL. Bowlers have to adapt to the conditions. The required run rate was more than 12 and there was enough scorecard pressure on Bravo and others to fall to the pressure. Bumrah has to do better in coming matches and i am sure he will give more match winning performances than match losing ones.

There is nothing like adopting to dew. It hampers everyone and dew does decide outcome of the games irrespective of the bowlers. And no as summer has started, not every venue will have dew.

There is nothing like adopting to dew. It hampers everyone and dew does decide outcome of the games irrespective of the bowlers. And no as summer has started, not every venue will have dew.

He didn’t bowled many slower ones when under the pump by Bravo... Bravo could’ve miscued one of the box sixes...

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Bumrah was not seen wiping it with a towel enough. That was blunder. Moreover the length has to be altered as per the difficulties in grip. Those were two basic mistakes.

Also as pointed out in post above this one, no slower ball in death overs is another trick missed.

Edited by Straight Drive

57 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
1 hour ago, Ellipsism said:
He’s decent but no way does he have any semblance of ATG potential as some where making it out to be.

His stats in international cricket say otherwise.

Adam Voges is an ATG.

6 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
6 hours ago, Ellipsism said:
Adam Voges is an ATG.

Adam voges played how many games? Scored how many runs?

And the same metric can be applied to Bumrah. He has no ATG qualities, at best he can retire as India’s greatest fast bowler.

2 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

And the same metric can be applied to Bumrah. He has no ATG qualities, at best he can retire as India’s greatest fast bowler.

Who claims Bumrah is ATG? ..if you know the abbreviation..Bumrah himself has spent less time in International cricket so far, cant qualify as ATG but truly has all the ingredients to be ATG he is still raw but a good thinker of the the game for his age..T20 is all about hit and miss..one whack will neither make Bumrah overated nor Hassan Ali..T20 matches just give us glimpses of talent one cannot evaluate the whole package

13 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

How did you decide he has no ATG qualities? His performances have been very good.

Hassan Ali has ATG qualities?

Yes ,easily we can recall match against NZ last year when Tom Latham was going great guns..Bumrah bowled beautifully as usual in that match and ensured India wins the series..that was display of pure class bowling

7 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

lol you are clueless about cricket, watch another sport

8 hours ago, kira said:

lol you are clueless about cricket, watch another sport

Yeah I’m clueless. Let me listen to an Indian about fast bowling. He has no such ATG capabilities such as that of Rabada, and that’s an established fact. 

He should remain potent as long as he has pace but as soon as that starts to drop he will be rendered useless because he drops the front arm and thus doesn’t generate much bounce. For a batsman bounce is as hard to manage as swing. 

9 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

How did you decide he has no ATG qualities? His performances have been very good.

Hassan Ali has ATG qualities?

I deem someone as an ATG when they have skills that you only get once in a generation. Rabada is the first bowler since Wasim who’s able to reverse the ball both sides of the wicket at 90 mph. 

Bumrah has pace, can seam it back in. But aside from that I haven’t seen much to make my get off my seat and stand in awe of his capability. Weak mental game, his actions limits the amount of bounce he can get and nullifies Husnain capability to swing it away. Good bowler, yeah, but ATG, nah. 

13 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Who claims Bumrah is ATG? ..if you know the abbreviation..Bumrah himself has spent less time in International cricket so far, cant qualify as ATG but truly has all the ingredients to be ATG he is still raw but a good thinker of the the game for his age..T20 is all about hit and miss..one whack will neither make Bumrah overated nor Hassan Ali..T20 matches just give us glimpses of talent one cannot evaluate the whole package

I spent a while here debating a couple of posters who were claiming that Bumrah is a potential ATG. In my view there are only two standouts as of now and those are Rabada and Cummins. 

5 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

Yeah I’m clueless. Let me listen to an Indian about fast bowling. He has no such ATG capabilities such as that of Rabada, and that’s an established fact. 

He should remain potent as long as he has pace but as soon as that starts to drop he will be rendered useless because he drops the front arm and thus doesn’t generate much bounce. For a batsman bounce is as hard to manage as swing. 

5 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

Yeah I’m clueless. Let me listen to an Indian about fast bowling. 

For a batsman bounce is as hard to manage as swing. 

Wow a Pakistani  cognizes all the attributes of batting..stop we should to listen him

Edited by Suhaan

5 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Wow a Pakistani  cognizes all the attributes of batting..stop we should to listen him

Or maybe I’ve played the game and have felt this personally as well, and this is not taking into consideration that the way most Asian batsman get out overseas is due to the bounce rather than the lateral movement,

10 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

I deem someone as an ATG when they have skills that you only get once in a generation. Rabada is the first bowler since Wasim who’s able to reverse the ball both sides of the wicket at 90 mph. 

Bumrah has pace, can seam it back in. But aside from that I haven’t seen much to make my get off my seat and stand in awe of his capability. Weak mental game, his actions limits the amount of bounce he can get and nullifies Husnain capability to swing it away. Good bowler, yeah, but ATG, nah. 

When did Wasim reverse the ball at 90mph?