Which batsmen combined perfect technique with attacking agression,elegance and creativity most ?

Which were the most perfect batsmen who combined perfect technique with attacking agression,elegance and creativity most ?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which were the most perfect batsmen who combined perfect technique with attacking agression,elegance and creativity most ?

• Sachin Tendulkar
    • Brian Lara
    • Viv Richards
    • Virat Kohli
    • Don Bradman
    • Greg Chappell
    • Martin Crowe
    • Mark Waugh
    • Ricky Ponting
    • Rohan Kanhai
    • Gary Sobers
    • Javed Miandad
    • Barry Richards
    • Graeme Pollock
    • Alvin Kalicharan
    • Ted Dexter
    • Gundapaa Vishwanath
    • Sunil Gavaskar
    • Zaheer Abbas
    • Aravinda De Silva

Here I am not ranking batsmen in terms of statistical prowess or achievements but assessing their technical correctness combined with their ability to dominate bowling attacks or power and creative skill or artistry.Thus the batsmen who were technically perfect but could also take an attack by the sword with great range of strokes and ability to improvise.Thus a  sum package of technique,power,innovative ability and elegance.

1.Barry Richards

A Viv Richards and Gavaskar rolled into one.Posessed the most impeccable technique with the precision of an architect as well as the power of a bulldozer and the imagination of a poet.Closest to the perfect cricketing machine.

2.Sachin Tendulkar-

Every ingredient of the perfect batsmen be it technique,attacking ability,power,innovative ability and above all a a great temperament.Best ever in the 'V' region.Nobody batted more like Bradman .

3.Don Bradman

Although played in a completely different era from modern greats took domination in bowling to a height never equaled atleast statistically and although unorthodox batted more like a computersied machine than anybody.Not as artistic as Denis Compton ar the qeual of Hutton or Hobbs technically yet took batting aesthetics to it's supreme height.

4.Greg Chappell

Elegance personified with great technical skil and a huge range of strokes.A more elegant version of Barry Richards or a Medley of Gavaskar and Viv Richards.

5.Rohan Kanhai

In terms of mere prowess possible the best of all with near perfect technique .Took artistry in the game to regions of the divine.Equivalent of amagician to the game.

6.Gary Sobers

Combined phenomenal power with great technique and huge range of strokes.No batsmen who was so correct hit a cricket ball harder.

7.Martin Crowe

Virtually a Greg Chappell  in a ressurected form with elegance and technical skill in regions of the sublime.Wasim Akram thought he was the hardest batsmen to bowl to.

8.Gundappa Vishwanath

Traversed  regions in batting few batsmen ever did with strokes reminding you of famous musical composition.Even when dissecting an attack to the shreds he never sacrificed any element of elegance or creative skill.

9.Alvin Kalicharan-

Virtually a Rohan Kanhai the other way round who at his best could sit with the Gods of Olympus.Arguably no left-handed batsmen was technically sounder.

10.Colin Cowdrey

His batting blended the technique of Len Hutton with the artistry of Denis Compton.Took technical skill and artistry to heights of the sublime.

11..Mark Waugh

Elegance personified with great technical skill and ability to pulverize great bowling.More talented than brother Steve and a better player against genuine pace.

12.Aravinda De'Silva

Technically a master who could pulverise and dissect the best attacks in the worst conditions.Also very artistic.

13.Ted Dexter

In the gravest of situations retrieved his team but never curbed attacking agression.A champion in the most difficult situations.Very stylish and powerful.

14.Frank Worrell

Depicted grace in the regions of the divine and a very sound technique but still  could mercilessnessly destroy attacks.

15.Gordon Greenidge

At his best very close to Barry Richards like a boxer and surgeon moulded into one.

16.Peter May

Every ingredient of a perfect batsmen be it technique,power or elegance.

17.Zaheer Abbas

Took  cricketing artistry to regions rarely explored with a truly divine touch.Even when taking a bowling attack to the shreds never lost his velvety touch or great technical skill.Very symettrical stoke execution with mastery of the drive through extra-cover.

It may surprise people that I have left out Viv Richards.Lara,Gavaskar,Hutton,Pollock,Hammond ,Hobbs,Compton,Kohli,Border,Ponting,Miandad or other greats.However reminding you my criteria has been power or ability to destroy bowling attacks with very correct technique and creativity.Viv,Lara ,Pollock and Ponting could pulverise bowling to the shreds but were not technically as flawless as those I listed.While Gavaskar,Hutton,Hanif or Merchant were technically perfect but were mainly defensive  batsmen  who were champion sin batting for your life just like Border and Miandad who wee more cruder version sof them in the technical sense.I just plumped for Bradman in the end when I visualize his efforts and era.

Lara and Viv or even Virat are geniuses but to me did not have technical mastery of the magnitude of Sobers,Kalicharan,Tendulkar or Greg Chapell.Nor did they  posess the elegance of Worrell,Dexter,Zaheer Abbas or even Vishy.

Edited by Harsh Thakor

Totla-I aka "Jihadi Don ka rishtedar" aka "Latkhor Keeda"

2xqese.gif

Totla-II

2xqeo9.gif

Dancing Khan, this one :wp116:

2xqeeh.gif

Tableegh Jamaati I aka Aloo

2xqeyd.gif

2xqf3n.gif

Tableegh Jamaati II

"

"

Tableegh Jamaati XXXVII

Mullah Beard I (the one who needs runner half the time)

2xqfa2.gif

Mullah Beard II (the one who reverted to religion of peace to get captaincy, Mashallah Aloha Snackbar)

2xqfey.gif

"

"

Mullah Beard XXXIII

Asian Bradman who averages less than Pravin Amre :nervous:

Taliban Khan (gets 50% extra credit for discovering the beshtest player of phaast bawling)

Wajahatullah Wasti...the lone man who made 1999 Pak more powerful than ATG WI/Aus WC teams :hatsoff:

This genius :wp109:

t7sHWOb.jpg

Voice of Pak cricket

6Vgtsen.jpg

This beast

2xqhrs.gif

<daylight>

<moonlight>

<Ravi Shastri's belly>

<Rohit Sharma's belly>

Tuchchh do numbri jokers like Bradman, Hobbs, Hutton, Sobers, Kanhai, Gavaskar, Chappell, Viv, Lara, Sachin, Ponting, Kallis, Sanga, ABDV, Smith, Kohli etc. Order doesn't matter because all of them pale before mighty Pakistanis. Not just abilitywise, in moments of crisis Allah's angels will come to help the momins, kafirs will face the fire....that's why Youhana got 600% boost when he became Mo Yousuf...:idea:

Bismillah Rahaman o Raheem, Bismillah Katmullah 1st af all thanks to Almighty Allah

Dil Dil Pakistan, Jaan Jaan Pakistan

Pakistan minister GIF

Edited by Gollum

Technique is what works for the batsman .... if it is about combining aggression with creativity, it comes down to relatively high SR players such as Viv, Sobers and Bradman .... Voted for Viv for his LOI batting as well and having seen clips where he played some amazing innovative shots like taking the left leg out (roughly at 90 degrees when on stance) to 180 degrees, using the right leg to pivot,  to hit a six on the leg side for e.g 

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, Harsh Thakor said:

Here I am not ranking batsmen in terms of statistical prowess or achievements but assessing their technical correctness combined with their ability to dominate bowling attacks or power and creative skill or artistry.Thus the batsmen who were technically perfect but could also take an attack by the sword with great range of strokes and ability to improvise.Thus a  sum package of technique,power,innovative ability and elegance.

1.Barry Richards

A Viv Richards and Gavaskar rolled into one.Posessed the most impeccable technique with the precision of an architect as well as the power of a bulldozer and the imagination of a poet.Closest to the perfect cricketing machine.

2.Sachin Tendulkar-

Every ingredient of the perfect batsmen be it technique,attacking ability,power,innovative ability and above all a a great temperament.Best ever in the 'V' region.Nobody batted more like Bradman .

3.Don Bradman

Although played in a completely different era from modern greats took domination in bowling to a height never equaled atleast statistically and although unorthodox batted more like a computersied machine than anybody.Not as artistic as Denis Compton ar the qeual of Hutton or Hobbs technically yet took batting aesthetics to it's supreme height.

4.Greg Chappell

Elegance personified with great technical skil and a huge range of strokes.A more elegant version of Barry Richards or a Medley of Gavaskar and Viv Richards.

5.Rohan Kanhai

In terms of mere prowess possible the best of all with near perfect technique .Took artistry in the game to regions of the divine.Equivalent of amagician to the game.

6.Gary Sobers

Combined phenomenal power with great technique and huge range of strokes.No batsmen who was so correct hit a cricket ball harder.

7.Martin Crowe

Virtually a Greg Chappell  in a ressurected form with elegance and technical skill in regions of the sublime.Wasim Akram thought he was the hardest batsmen to bowl to.

8.Gundappa Vishwanath

Traversed  regions in batting few batsmen ever did with strokes reminding you of famous musical composition.Even when dissecting an attack to the shreds he never sacrificed any element of elegance or creative skill.

9.Alvin Kalicharan-

Virtually a Rohan Kanhai the other way round who at his best could sit with the Gods of Olympus.Arguably no left-handed batsmen was technically sounder.

10.Colin Cowdrey

His batting blended the technique of Len Hutton with the artistry of Denis Compton.Took technical skill and artistry to heights of the sublime.

11..Mark Waugh

Elegance personified with great technical skill and ability to pulverize great bowling.More talented than brother Steve and a better player against genuine pace.

12.Aravinda De'Silva

Technically a master who could pulverise and dissect the best attacks in the worst conditions.Also very artistic.

13.Ted Dexter

In the gravest of situations retrieved his team but never curbed attacking agression.A champion in the most difficult situations.Very stylish and powerful.

14.Frank Worrell

Depicted grace in the regions of the divine and a very sound technique but still  could mercilessnessly destroy attacks.

15.Gordon Greenidge

At his best very close to Barry Richards like a boxer and surgeon moulded into one.

16.Peter May

Every ingredient of a perfect batsmen be it technique,power or elegance.

17.Zaheer Abbas

Took  cricketing artistry to regions rarely explored with a truly divine touch.Even when taking a bowling attack to the shreds never lost his velvety touch or great technical skill.Very symettrical stoke execution with mastery of the drive through extra-cover.

It may surprise people that I have left out Viv Richards.Lara,Gavaskar,Hutton,Pollock,Hammond ,Hobbs,Compton,Kohli,Border,Ponting,Miandad or other greats.However reminding you my criteria has been power or ability to destroy bowling attacks with very correct technique and creativity.Viv,Lara ,Pollock and Ponting could pulverise bowling to the shreds but were not technically as flawless as those I listed.While Gavaskar,Hutton,Hanif or Merchant were technically perfect but were mainly defensive  batsmen  who were champion sin batting for your life just like Border and Miandad who wee more cruder version sof them in the technical sense.I just plumped for Bradman in the end when I visualize his efforts and era.

Lara and Viv or even Virat are geniuses but to me did not have technical mastery of the magnitude of Sobers,Kalicharan,Tendulkar or Greg Chapell.Nor did they  posess the elegance of Worrell,Dexter,Zaheer Abbas or even Vishy.

Barry Richards was a fantastic opening batsman , my all time favourite but power in the same mould as  Viv Richards  is just ridiculous. He wasn't a combination of anyone , he was Barry Richards a  one off , in my view nobody been like him since .

53 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Barry Richards was a fantastic opening batsman , my all time favourite but power in the same mould as  Viv Richards  is just ridiculous. He wasn't a combination of anyone , he was Barry Richards a  one off , in my view nobody been like him since .

You think he's here for a serious discussion? Nah you ain't changing his mind, just troll the troll. 

Edited by Gollum