Prisoners of the Past or Ostrichs - Pick one

coffee_rules

I was posting this in the other closed thread.

Well, if you are not a prisoner of the past, you would be an Ostrich with heads buried in the sand, with the crimes of the past happening all around you again. If the past is not remembered, it will happen again and again. When American Slavery and Jewish Holocaust is not allowed to be forgotten and is being taught to generations of young people, it is because they don't want to repeat the same mistakes in the next generation. They are  laws in EU that makes Holocaust denial punishable as a crime in EU.

Another new argument around the circles of liberal hall of mirrors, is other Non-Muslim rulers were equally brutal. Well, the number of such instances is also very less. More often, the king would abduct the deity and build a new temple in his kingdom as a mark of respect. They would not desecrate the deity like the Muslim Invaders did. We need to remember these things, so it will not happen again. In fact, it is already happening with the temples destroyed in Kashmir, Pakistan , BD, Buddhas in Afghanistan, etc

Edited by coffee_rules

Why was that thread closed? I made my reply there, submitted it and boom thread DNE. Won't be bothered to repeat the same longish thoughts here. I can not understand what prompted admins/mods to delete that thread, and who wanted it closed? We have FOE in India, last I checked ICF doesn't come under the ambit of North Korea or China, why can't people express their views here? If you have problems report the posts, delete them, give warnings but what is this new drama of deleting entire threads? Not much freedom here, without freedom there will only be echo chamber, no intellectual growth. 

Edited by Gollum

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

which thread was it?

How Eid was originally celebrated something...

I responded to some of your points, hit submit button only to find out that the thread was gone. Second time this has happened to me in 2 days, earlier over some Hindi in Ladakh thread by randomguy, don't see why entire threads have to be deleted, time waste and besides even if we want to refute the controversial points, no scope. 

Edited by Gollum

11 minutes ago, sergio04 said:

Wtf ...why was that thread closed?

Secular Hindus will take us to 1100 a.d. again

We are heading to slavery again ....

There were no "secular" Hindus in the 11th century.  It was the close-minded arrogance, coupled with intellectual and military laziness that led to the decline of the SaptaSindhu, and allowed gangs of illiterate marauders from the mountains to rule over the peasantry.  

Modern day "warriors" and self-styled defenders of the hindu faith would do well to grasp that reality.  

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I think it was closed because @KeyboardWarrior was asking the whereabouts of another poster as a threat. Mods, you have to ban such threatening posters.

what ? excuse me ? in my defence. i didnt threat anyone. people usually ask to each other where do they live etc . i was just asking in which city he lives in.  thats all ... :bandit: