Impressed by Aaron

So the question now begs to be asked.... is the outswing coming from his left butt cheek or the right butt cheek? and can he work on one side of this butt to get better at reverse swing? That speed analysis just killed me.... why don't we give the kid some time to do his stuff.... the windies top order barring bravo is extremely defensive and just plonk the bat to stop deliveries. It takes lots of patience to prize out wkts on such a track.

Looks to me not nearly ready for Tests. And yes I know we take the piss out of trundlers, but there has to be some basis if you are going to pick a player - Yadav avg. is 25 at first class, Aaron's is over 40. He has good pace but there is no harm in waiting longer before inducting him into Test squads. Is a flat track though so not the most helpful start. But is this an audition for Australia?

Looks to me not nearly ready for Tests. And yes I know we take the piss out of trundlers, but there has to be some basis if you are going to pick a player - Yadav avg. is 25 at first class, Aaron's is over 40. He has good pace but there is no harm in waiting longer before inducting him into Test squads. Is a flat track though so not the most helpful start. But is this an audition for Australia?
I think if the ball reverses he will come into play.I dont know if the ball was reversing today or not,but Aaron can be very effective when ball reverses.

This is a unique situation for India. Probably for the first time in our history, we have 2 (or 3, if you include Ishant) bonafide Fast-medium bowlers. And the best part is, all of them are not arrow-straight dart throwers like Sami. Both Umesh and Varun have excellent release and seam position and Ishant is a proven match-winner. All the three of them are pretty much in the same age category as well. And depending on whether he is dabbling with pranic healing or gothic black magic or homeopathy or acupuncture, Sreesanth is quite easily capable of producing a match-winning spell out of nowhere. And lets not forget Mithun and RP Singh Even as Zak’s career is coming to an end, we have a good group of young quicks emerging.

rkt is saying right. If he can sort out his run-up problem' date=' he can be more faster than Umesh Yadav and in 1 year or so, he will touching 150 k regularly. The good thing about Varun Aaron is his lower body which looks very powerful. [b']His legs are very strong and his butt is much round shaped that gives you the idea that his pace actually is coming from his butt and lower part of the body which is ideal. Varun's upper body is strong as well but he is generating pace basically thru his lower half. Australia will be the best place to take both these bowlers to, Umesh and Varun. I remember, the last tour of Australia, where Ishant and Sreesanth had taken their fitness levels from 6/10 to 9/10. And then there is always enough gap between matches in Australia to recover. I just hope selectors will take both these bowlers there
Jeffthommo_fan
So the question now begs to be asked.... is the outswing coming from his left butt cheek or the right butt cheek? and can he work on one side of this butt to get better at reverse swing? That speed analysis just killed me.... why don't we give the kid some time to do his stuff.... the windies top order barring bravo is extremely defensive and just plonk the bat to stop deliveries. It takes lots of patience to prize out wkts on such a track.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Priceless!!!
I think if the ball reverses he will come into play.I dont know if the ball was reversing today or not' date='but Aaron can be very effective when ball reverses.[/quote'] I am not sure, but definitely there is a lot of bowling left for him in this game and he has time to make an impression. However I don't know what the selectors will conclude about his readiness if he does not. OZ is a tough assignment after all.
I believe it is a learning and grooming process for him. Even Pat Cummins did not do anything of sorts at FC level, only had T20 experience. You cannot write him off straight away and I feel he bowled very well being a flat deck and his first day in test cricket, better than what Yadav had bowled in Kotla first innings. Many people were talking same about Yadav then. Give him some time. He will improve with Indian team faster than while playing FC.
I am not sure' date=' but definitely there is a lot of bowling left for him in this game and he has time to make an impression. However I don't know what the selectors will conclude about his readiness if he does not. OZ is a tough assignment after all.[/quote'] I think he will be selected for the Aussie tour and I also hope he seals his place in the squad by picking some wickets in this match.
I believe it is a learning and grooming process for him. Even Pat Cummins did not do anything of sorts at FC level, only had T20 experience. You cannot write him off straight away and I feel he bowled very well being a flat deck and his first day in test cricket, better than what Yadav had bowled in Kotla first innings. Many people were talking same about Yadav then. Give him some time. He will improve with Indian team faster than while playing FC.
It is far from writing him off. The dude has every chance of having a good career. You need to be pragmatic though. when you see he has actually struggled at domestic level, is it helpful to him and most importantly the team to play him in Test matches? You only need to compare with a direct competitor Yadav, who has consistent performances and a good avg. I think Cummins is a different case (exceptional too). He hasn't struggled at FC level yet.

Varun bowled quite well for a debutant on a very flat track. Bouncers, yorkers, seam movement, bit of swing, , tried all that. That should be enough to seal his spot for Aus tour given the dire state of pacers in domestic cricket. After the Irani Trophy, I thought he wasn't ready. But here he has shown he belongs to this level. A couple of wickets will be nice for his confidence.

This is a unique situation for India. Probably for the first time in our history, we have 2 (or 3, if you include Ishant) bonafide Fast-medium bowlers. And the best part is, all of them are not arrow-straight dart throwers like Sami. Both Umesh and Varun have excellent release and seam position and Ishant is a proven match-winner. All the three of them are pretty much in the same age category as well. And depending on whether he is dabbling with pranic healing or gothic black magic or homeopathy or acupuncture, Sreesanth is quite easily capable of producing a match-winning spell out of nowhere. And lets not forget Mithun and RP Singh Even as ZakÃÔ career is coming to an end, we have a good group of young quicks emerging.
let these guys play couple of Full IPL seasons then we will come to know :winky:
It is far from writing him off. The dude has every chance of having a good career. You need to be pragmatic though. when you see he has actually struggled at domestic level, is it helpful to him and most importantly the team to play him in Test matches? You only need to compare with a direct competitor Yadav, who has consistent performances and a good avg. I think Cummins is a different case (exceptional too). He hasn't struggled at FC level yet.
He has, 3 matches average over 40.