Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

Yes VK bowled atleast 6 to 8 balls between 140 to 142 One ball he bowled was a bouncer at 142.6 K and it was declared a No ball but it was a real pacy bouncer and I did not think it went much above the shoulder- it ws a gud Bouncer. That's frustrating VK can bowl 140 or between 138 to 142 and still he loves to bcome a 128 to 135 K trundler most of the time

Yes VK bowled atleast 6 to 8 balls between 140 to 142 One ball he bowled was a bouncer at 142.6 K and it was declared a No ball but it was a real pacy bouncer and I did not think it went much above the shoulder- it ws a gud Bouncer. That's frustrating VK can bowl 140 or between 138 to 142 and still he loves to bcome a 128 to 135 K trundler most of the time
Or...he finds rhythm some days and bowls quicker than regularly! ICFers always prefer the 'medium pace conspiracy' answer.
lol "only 138".pffffffft he got rahane's wicket on 141. dhawal is as quick as awana.
I think Dhawal is a great prospect for India. He should be groomed for Test and ODI cricket, just like Awana. He had a poor season in First Class cricket last year, but he plays Super League for Mumbai who seem to be more reliant on spin bowlers and perhaps pitches are more conducive to spin. Anyway, he has some good First Class seasons under his belt, such as 2010/11, 2009/10 and 2008/9. Four First Class 50s and 53 List A wickets at 28.30 (as well as good IPL performances, whenever he plays) in addition means that selectors should not be ignoring him in all formats, imo. The fact that RP Singh gets into Test squads and 'A' squads ahead of him is a joke, imo.

Or...he finds rhythm some days and bowls quicker than regularly! ICFers always prefer the 'medium pace conspiracy' answer. I think Dhawal is a great prospect for India. He should be groomed for Test and ODI cricket, just like Awana. He had a poor season in First Class cricket last year, but he plays Super League for Mumbai who seem to be more reliant on spin bowlers and perhaps pitches are more conducive to spin. Anyway, he has some good First Class seasons under his belt, such as 2010/11, 2009/10 and 2008/9. Four First Class 50s and 53 List A wickets at 28.30 (as well as good IPL performances, whenever he plays) in addition means that selectors should not be ignoring him in all formats, imo. The fact that RP Singh gets into Test squads and 'A' squads ahead of him is a joke, imo.
agree,IIRC he was in squad for NZ tour in 2009 but didnt get a game n hasnt been given a chance since.pretty pathetic

I think Dhawal is a great prospect for India. He should be groomed for Test and ODI cricket, just like Awana. He had a poor season in First Class cricket last year, but he plays Super League for Mumbai who seem to be more reliant on spin bowlers and perhaps pitches are more conducive to spin. Anyway, he has some good First Class seasons under his belt, such as 2010/11, 2009/10 and 2008/9. Four First Class 50s and 53 List A wickets at 28.30 (as well as good IPL performances, whenever he plays) in addition means that selectors should not be ignoring him in all formats, imo. The fact that RP Singh gets into Test squads and 'A' squads ahead of him is a joke, imo.
Agree about Dhawal and this guy has will to do well and improve as I have seen him since his debut. In his initial years, I saw both Siddharth Trivedi and him bowling together in a Duleep trophy match and both used to bowl similar speeds at that time but look at now, Trivedi is still stuck at the same speed he used to bowl than around 125K while Dhawal yesterday clocked 141K. It shows he is gaining in pace and I am sure he can gain more pace if he works on his body strengthening like Yadav and Aaron have done. Other than that he can move the ball both ways and has a very good action to do that and his basics are good. He comes close to the stumps and does not fall away, stay very upright.

problem with speed here is ..can this kulkarni guy carry on this pace in longer versions? i mean im not asking him to average 138 but form looks of it he is another guy who will be struggling to touch 130 in tests,...
It is not just pace what matters. If we have 2 bowlers who can bowl 140K, we will also need one bowler in that attack who can bowl around 130-135 with good consistent line and length and can move the ball both ways like Dhawal does. Bowling attack should be balanced, not one dimensional.

It is not just pace what matters. If we have 2 bowlers who can bowl 140K' date=' we will also need one bowler in that attack who can bowl around 130-135 with good consistent line and length and can move the ball both ways like Dhawal does. Bowling should be balances, not one dimensional.[/quote'] i think these type of bowlers only work when u play on super bowler friendly tracks and also when ur first 2 bowlers are genuine wicket takers and this was jsut one match...dont think they will even touch those balls in tests..

i think these type of bowlers only work when u play on super bowler friendly tracks and also when ur first 2 bowlers are genuine wicket takers and this was jsut one match...dont think they will even touch those balls in tests..
He bowled peaches to Watson and no batsman can leave those ball alone, it was Watson's luck that he did not edge them. Dhawal is a wicket taker too. In test cricket more than pace it is consistency and seam movement which is more important. Pace is necessary, but one does not need to be 140k plus all the time. Pace around 135 with movement and consistency is good enough to get wickets.

He bowled peaches to Watson and no batsman can leave those ball alone' date=' it was Watson's luck that he did not edge them. Dhawal is a wicket taker too. In test cricket more than pace it is consistency and seam movement which is more important. Pace is necessary, but one does not need to be 140k plus all the time. Pace around 135 with movement and consistency is good enough to get wickets.[/quote'] gah.. im not disagreeing with wht ur saying but i have seen many bowlers bowling thse peaches in t20 and being totally ineffective in tests its jsut totally diff art u need to bowl spells like this day in and day out to be successful and wht after swing is gone? can he maintain this line and keep it tight? btw dont forget in tests u can leave ball on length so he needs to get it pretty perfect all the time to be good he looked good yesterday no question about it but i dont htink he can carry on seen many bowlers like him :cantstop:

gah.. im not disagreeing with wht ur saying but i have seen many bowlers bowling thse peaches in t20 and being totally ineffective in tests its jsut totally diff art u need to bowl spells like this day in and day out to be successful and wht after swing is gone? can he maintain this line and keep it tight? btw dont forget in tests u can leave ball on length so he needs to get it pretty perfect all the time to be good he looked good yesterday no question about it but i dont htink he can carry on seen many bowlers like him :cantstop:
I have seen him bowl some superb spells in FC cricket. THing is when we can give chances to likes of Mithun and Vinay in test then he is no worse than them and should be given chances.

I have seen him bowl some superb spells in FC cricket. THing is when we can give chances to likes of Mithun and Vinay in test then he is no worse than them and should be given chances.
how was his domestic season this year?

how was his domestic season this year?
Ordinary, but his last 2-3 seasons have been pretty good. He needs to perform in upcoming season and stake his claim. Thing is he is one of the few bowlers who have gained pace and he has gained pace since his DC debut up to 5-10K. He used to bowl 120-125K in FC cricket initially but now bowls up to 135K in FC where no bowler puts much pitches and concentrate on swing. Yesterday, he clocked 141 and his deliveries were flying through to the keeper. I am sure he is going to gain a bit more pace in next 1-2 years because he has good runup and good action. He is not flawed like Mithun and Aaron in terms of their action and runup respectively. If Aaron can sort his run up out, he will be clocking super speeds. Aaron is 22 and is already clocking faster speeds than what Yadav used to clock at 22.