Happy Ramadan...

Asim

What in holy hell is 'ramadan'? Same thing as ramzan? Could it be another instance of our history and culture denying paki bros rejecting the local lingo in favour of their "shared" culture with the arabs? It also happens with names - when Muhammad Amir becomes Mohammed Aamer. VS Naipaul is coughing and giggling in far away bartania.
Don't see why you should've a problem with the naming convention. The people who celebrate the festival should've the right to call it whatever they feel like. I doubt they owe you or me and explanation for whom they "share" their culture with. Arabic:‎ Ramaḍān, Persian: Ramazān‎; Urdu: Ramzān; Turkish: Ramazan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan

to Muslims in India' date= Pakistan and all over the world... Do fasting, Make alot f prayers, have Ramzan blessings & of course Enjoy delicious Sehris & Aftaaris :) Ramadan Mubarik...
Surely, you could wish Ramadan to non-Muslims as well. Happy Ramadan! :icflove:

to Muslims in India' date=' Pakistan and all over the world... Do fasting, Make alot f prayers, have Ramzan blessings & of course Enjoy delicious[b'] Sehris & Aftaaris :)]Ramadan MubarikQUOTE] what are those...food? do they make em in india ?

Surely' date=' you could wish Ramadan to non-Muslims as well. Happy Ramadan! :icflove:[/quote'] I don't agree to that... why wish Ramadan to non muslims? do they pray to the prophet? do u wish happy diwali to muslims? Happy Ramadan to Muslims.

Happy Ramadan to all. It's hell hot this time of the year and yet some of my mates determined to fast. May they and everyone else fasting find whatever it is they seek through these fasts and prayers. For me and the rest of us? Enjoy the food ya'll. Best time of the year to sample different cuisines. I can't wait to sink my teeth into some tender Morrocan Lamb Tagine yummmm followed by sheesha. Hopefully I'll get invited to a few Iftaar parties this year.

what are those...food? do they make em in india ?
the meal taken at start of fasting (almost 1.5 hr before sunrise) is called "Sehri", its almost an alternative of breakfast with few added/replaced things then obviously whole day long you cant eat/drink/taste anything and then the meal taken to end fasting on that day (right after sunset) is called "Aftari" no matter what food it contains, every region/country have their own specialities but usually for whole month best possible meal with alot different items are served for Aftaari...

I don't agree to that... why wish Ramadan to non muslims? do they pray to the prophet? do u wish happy diwali to muslims? Happy Ramadan to Muslims.
Hel yeah! I do - my Muslim friends celebrate Diwali with me (Diwali isn't my festival anyways). I guess the differences from being bred up in a true cosmopolitan environment.

@asim you can wish ramadan to all the indians dont have to single out the muslims for that. we indians do share our celebs with all the six religious ppl here be it a ramzaan or a deewali or a christmas SO YOU CAN WISH ALL THE INDIANS and happy ramzaan to everyone:icflove:

the meal taken at start of fasting (almost 1.5 hr before sunrise) is called "Sehri"' date= its almost an alternative of breakfast with few added/replaced things then obviously whole day long you cant eat/drink/taste anything and then the meal taken to end fasting on that day (right after sunset) is called "Aftari" no matter what food it contains, every region/country have their own specialities but usually for whole month best possible meal with alot different items are served for Aftaari...
hmm sounds good, the thing about festivals is the euphoria, have fun dude.

@asim you can wish ramadan to all the indians dont have to single out the muslims for that. we indians do share our celebs with all the six religious ppl here be it a ramzaan or a deewali or a christmas SO YOU CAN WISH ALL THE INDIANS and happy ramzaan to everyone:icflove:
Exactly my sentiments. I (a non Muslim) celebrated Ramadan too. It was soo much fun! :woot:

Exactly my sentiments. I (a non Muslim) celebrated Ramadan too. It was soo much fun! :woot:
u r right and sure why not :) I'd love to wish Happy Ramadan to EVERYONE :icflove: just like I exchange every other non-Muslim festival greetings too with Indian or any other country friends in my network but here I was just a bit careful though unintentionally that I might not hurt anyone's feeling e.g people like "Texy" u see :) [Dont mind Texy, u ofcourse have right to reject any greeting u dont like]

I don't agree to that... why wish Ramadan to non muslims? do they pray to the prophet? do u wish happy diwali to muslims? Happy Ramadan to Muslims.
bro there is no harm in sharing the happiness we all are humans first if you dont want then you can genuinely say no thanx