Kohli will be the world's best batsman very, very soon.

Depends. It's more important that he performs as a batsman (as he has been so far). If he can keep up the level while being a captain, then he's a good future candidate. Otherwise, it's best to let him focus on his batting the way Tendulkar did for most of his career. Gambhir shouldn't be written off as a captain, despite his current form.
Gambhir is the most obvious candidate as he seems to be relishing that role. His performance is more intense when he is a captain.

Its hard to tell whether he's just going thru an incredible patch of form, or is he really so good. Normally, you'd say the former, but the fact that he's having incredible success in all 3 formats of the game suggests some deep, underlying reasons behind this run.

Its hard to tell whether he's just going thru an incredible patch of form' date=' or is he really so good. Normally, you'd say the former, but the fact that he's having incredible success in all 3 formats of the game suggests some deep, underlying reasons behind this run.[/quote'] "My husband passed away in his sleep at around 2 in the morning. Virat was in two minds about whether to play or not. Rajkumar Sharma (Virat's coach since his childhood) who was in Australia then advised him not to let go off a chance since it is so difficult to make it to the team. It was difficult for Virat. He came directly to the funeral after his knock of 90. He was wrongly given out. I remember that too." Not stretching belief, but Virat's mind vis-a-vis his career was shaped by the unfortunate event. "Virat changed a bit after that day. Overnight he became a much more matured person. He took every match seriously. He hated being on the bench. It's as if his life hinged totally on cricket after that day. Now, he looked like he was chasing his father's dream which was his own too." This guy is special.
:cantstop: so it means that if a player is doing well consistently..we shouldn't praise him...since it might jinx his performance...:WTF: is this nonsense :giggle: btw...KOHLI is in superb form :hatsoff: :two_thumbs_up:
u know nothing about king tendulkar he has destroyed rohit all on his own even ishant i think :hmmm:
"My husband passed away in his sleep at around 2 in the morning. Virat was in two minds about whether to play or not. Rajkumar Sharma (Virat's coach since his childhood) who was in Australia then advised him not to let go off a chance since it is so difficult to make it to the team. It was difficult for Virat. He came directly to the funeral after his knock of 90. He was wrongly given out. I remember that too." Not stretching belief, but Virat's mind vis-a-vis his career was shaped by the unfortunate event. "Virat changed a bit after that day. Overnight he became a much more matured person. He took every match seriously. He hated being on the bench. It's as if his life hinged totally on cricket after that day. Now, he looked like he was chasing his father's dream which was his own too." This guy is special.
Cool! :nice: Just for the record, I dont believe in this 'overnight transformation' theory. People evolve, not transform.