Best sedan in India under 10 lakhs?

Bublu Bhuyan

boo sedan duster!! :driver:
It was crazy here when they had launched the Duster last year, the Renault India Dealerships couldnt handle the no of pre bookings :P The Duster changed the fortunes of the French car makers, but in reality it is a massively over-rated car and now massively over priced too. I remember they had launched the base variant at 7.19 ex-Delhi, after a year and three price hikes, it starts at around 10.5 I guess. :D

Just my personal view – It is always good to buy the higher end of lower category car than the lower end of a higher category car. If I had 10 lakhs and wanted to buy a car, I would go out and get the best hatchback there is and load it with all the best options, than go in for the entry level Sedan with the basic package. Plus, I really do not see the value of having a sedan over a hatch-back India. For starters, Sedans are bigger, which them even harder to navigate thru the impossibly strenuous the Indian traffic. You do lose out in terms of boot space, but us Indians are not the 'traveling type' anyways. Our infrastructure does not allow us to go on multi-hour road-trips. Most of our travel using cars is inter-city.

Just my personal view – It is always good to buy the higher end of lower category car than the lower end of a higher category car. If I had 10 lakhs and wanted to buy a car, I would go out and get the best hatchback there and load it with all the best options, than go in for the entry level Sedan with the basic package.
You'd get a lot of highest end models of quality sedans under Rs. 10 lakhs in India. Even the highest end of Fiat Linea T-Jet series costs less than Rs. 10 lakhs in India.

Aaah, I see. A bit surprising that it is so much more expensive than the Civic, which Bublu has in the sub 10 lakh category. In the US, they are fairly evenly priced. Agree on VW, Shane. Have owned one VW or another for more than 10 years and just love them.
I thought he said DON’T buy the VW. :dontknow:

I thought he said DON’T buy the VW. :dontknow:
DON'T buy the VW Vento, the rest are dream rides :) Vento is like an inbetween car, whereas the Jetta, Passat, Polo and the Touareg are frontrunners in their respective segments.
We got a VW Polo a couple of weeks back, my young brother and mom would be driving it, I mean even for a hatchback I think its under powered, We were considering the Vento, but the performance really disappointed us, could be because I have been personally driving a 1.8l engine for quite some time. VW btw is one of my personal favorites, the brand that is. I love the way they say "f o k swagen", Couple of weeks back on my way to the petrol station, the guy over there, "Kya baat hai sir, Nayi Gaadi, Faxwagen achcha hai" :D

I know nothing about Indian cars, but do know this. No car can even you driving pleasure and comfort on shytty Indian roads. Maybe you should get a car that YOU can afford (not daddy) and I am sure it will suffice on the shytty roads. Just saying...

I know nothing about Indian cars' date=' but do know this. No car can even you driving pleasure and comfort on shytty Indian roads.[b'] Maybe you should get a car that YOU can afford (not daddy) and I am sure it will suffice on the shytty roads. Just saying...
He may have to buy a used bicycle as it seems. Some kids :cantstop:

Petrol.
Well most brands have much focus on diesel, so for Honda, they have the best cars for petrols. My suggesstion is to get the City S, manual gear. price exactly finishes at 10L :giggle: The top end V series comes with sunroof. On road price will come for 11L and 20k less without sunroof. Go for V series, ONLY if u want sunroof. If you want automatic gear ones, keep in mind that the milage drops as low as 8 on city drives. also costs 1L more. Petrol Amaze is also a good option. It has slightly more milage, spares are slightly cheap, and the music set is good. It also has automatic versions, again, the milage is low. I guess the price of is 7.2L. auto gear version will cost 1L more. It's more like a handicapped city, but worth for money.

Well most brands have much focus on diesel, so for Honda, they have the best cars for petrols. My suggesstion is to get the City S, manual gear. price exactly finishes at 10L :giggle: The top end V series comes with sunroof. On road price will come for 11L and 20k less without sunroof. Go for V series, ONLY if u want sunroof. If you want automatic gear ones, keep in mind that the milage drops as low as 8 on city drives. also costs 1L more. Petrol Amaze is also a good option. It has slightly more milage, spares are slightly cheap, and the music set is good. It also has automatic versions, again, the milage is low. I guess the price of is 7.2L. auto gear version will cost 1L more. It's more like a handicapped city, but worth for money.
I personally don't care much about mileage.

We got a VW Polo a couple of weeks back, my young brother and mom would be driving it, I mean even for a hatchback I think its under powered, We were considering the Vento, but the performance really disappointed us, could be because I have been personally driving a 1.8l engine for quite some time. VW btw is one of my personal favorites, the brand that is. I love the way they say "f o k swagen", Couple of weeks back on my way to the petrol station, the guy over there, "Kya baat hai sir, Nayi Gaadi, Faxwagen achcha hai" :D
Please please please tell me you got the GT. A TSI-DSG combo is some serious awesomeness.