ICC World T20 2014

ICC World T20 2014  

1. 1.

• Chandimal
    • Matthews
    • Malinga
    • Jaywardene
    • Flout Some Rule like WT20 2012

Mishra still not a certainty in playing XI http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournament/t20-world-cup-2014/top-stories/Mishra-still-not-a-certainty-in-playing-XI/articleshow/32502428.cms "He bowled very well today but we have to assess the situation on a daily basis. if we see there's too much dew on the ground ahead of the match, we will have to think whether we will play three spinners or not," Dhoni said. Mishra took 2-22 off his four overs on Friday, spinning the ball away from the batsmen at a crucial juncture against Pakistan, setting up the seven-wicket win. It's common knowledge that in Dhoni's team Ravindra Jadeja and R Ashwin are certainties. It's their ability with the bat that gives them the edge when the skipper gets down to select his play XI. It's Mishra who has been waiting in the wings for quite a while now but he made most of the opportunities that have come his way. Even in Asia Cup, he was easily India's best bowler against Pakistan which India lost. Mishra, on his part, said on Friday that he has got all the support that a leg-spinner can expect from a captain. "He helped me and allowed me to express myself," Mishra said. It's almost certain that the leggie will play against West Indies on Sunday, but it's to be seen whether Dhoni can keep the confidence in the Hyderabad Sunrisers bowler as the tournament progresses.