What's up with Zaheer strategy of bowling around the wicket ?

NareshK

Why didnt he try to bowl a few overs over the wicket, just to change things up a bit and see what happens ? He was quite predictable just bowling that line and after a while looked pedestrian. Also that line meant drifting on legs and conceding easy runs. Serious lack of thought in not trying other strategies when something is not working.

He was trying it all for the team. I am sure after the game got over, he will think about it all. He bowled his heart out. Let people whine and cry about his bowling, but he was still today our X-Factor. He still gives me more hope than any new young bowler from India. I am really happy about Shami, but Zaheer is the one which gives me more confidence. He still got it. Please respect him. You should see how Steyn faired in this same game, and compare that to Zaheer, who was coming from injury, and bowled pretty well according to me. I loved his instances of going to Shami and Sharma and talking to them. CLASS ACT.

He was trying it all for the team. I am sure after the game got over, he will think about it all. He bowled his heart out. Let people whine and cry about his bowling, but he was still today our X-Factor. He still gives me more hope than any new young bowler from India. I am really happy about Shami, but Zaheer is the one which gives me more confidence. He still got it. Please respect him. You should see how Steyn faired in this same game, and compare that to Zaheer, who was coming from injury, and bowled pretty well according to me. I loved his instances of going to Shami and Sharma and talking to them. CLASS ACT.
He makes a big difference to the team. I wouldn't drop him until we have a set attack in Shami, Yadav, Bhuvi and Pandey.
I'm not taking anything away from his effort. He bowled his heart out and so did Ishant and Shami. It was still a good batting track and they were bowling against very good batsmen in their home conditions and gave everything they could. But I was surprised by this tactic. He could have bowled a few overs from over the stump and try to get the ball to come in or try to angle the ball away from the right hander to get an edge. Should have tried what is his natural style of bowling when something is not working.

^Yes, he probably over did it, but I think he was having lot of confidence in that delivery of his. I do remember him beating Faf and both ABD while bowling those line, which he couldn't do today much by bowling from over the wicket. I think he is getting better though and hopefully by 2nd test, he should have come out to be a better bowler than what he was in this test.

Why didnt he try to bowl a few overs over the wicket, just to change things up a bit and see what happens ? He was quite predictable just bowling that line and after a while looked pedestrian. Also that line meant drifting on legs and conceding easy runs. Serious lack of thought in not trying other strategies when something is not working.
I thought it was a worthy move initially- but should have changed after it was ineffective
And everyone thinks he is fit' date= was funny watching him giving guard of honour to the ball chasing it to the boundary. Bowling only around the wkt to right handers just like ashwin used to do in odi's. If you are talking about his pace then i will not argue was better than bhuvi in odi's.
60 freaking overs in the match, was bowling 137 in the last moments of the test. Lost his steam a little bit but can an unfit person bowl 60 overs?