Who will you support: NZ or SA ?

govinda

seriously tough call. I have been backing SA before the tournament as my non-Indian favorite. they are a great cricketing nation with wonderful players. Imagine with fall of West Indies what would have happened to the level of crickets post 90s without them. Guys like Donald, Jonty, Kallis, AB, Steyn, Amla add so much to this game. Their world cup record is seriously poor and needs a good change. But once the tournament has started I am enjoying NZ cricket so much. the passion they are showing at playing in front of their home crowd is so exciting. They are also a great comeback story. some years back with the ICL fiasco they were down in the dumps. this current batch of players have the kiwi never say die spirit but are also very talented and are under one of the best captains right now. so basically in the end I am a true neutral with possibly slight bias towards NZ because I love the hosts winning it. Kiwis winning it at MCG would be a real big moment for them. SA will remain a great cricketing nation for some time. but this moment can bring NZ cricket to a higher level and create another top class team for next 5-10 years

SA have a realistic chance in the Final... NZ don't...They have been butchering teams on small grounds, but will get mauled by India or Aus at MCG
Ekjhactly, NZ batsmen have relied too much on lofted shots throughout this world cup. At MCG lofted shots are a no no, and should play orthodox cricket shots. This change cannot be brought in one game, and that too finals.

Enjoy the performances of some of the individuals. Overall, will be neutral though there might be a soft corner for NZ considering they're hosting the WC. Both teams are pretty much in the same boat having not advanced to the finals before. Nothing much to choose between them.

NZ. I back India to defeat NZ if we meet them in Finals. If SA win the Semi Final, they will be on a roll and will have shed the choker tag at least this time. They will be a tougher opponent than NZ but confident we will do well against them as well. Another thing is NZ have played all their cricket in the smaller grounds and pitches in their own country and will have to play the final at MCG where India has already played two games and generally used to Aussie conditions a lot more recently.