Chandimal

putrevus

Wow what a knock I just saw highlights, it should go down as one of the greatest knocks played a wicket keeper. This guy has lot of talent and some of the shots he played were amazing.The sweep shot of his should is the best I have seen from a subcontinent player.He looks very good against short pitch bowling also. If he curbs his temperament little bit, he has makings of very fine batsman.

It was a good innings because of the pressure he was under. But quality wise it wasn't anything special.
How do you define quality, you may be right it looks he got a life well due sheer stupidity of BCCI, but scoring 162 not out at no6 position is just off the charts considering the match situation.That reverse sweep for six is a shot not many players can execute.
How do you define quality, you may be right it looks he got a life well due sheer stupidity of BCCI, but scoring 162 not out at no6 position is just off the charts considering the match situation.That reverse sweep for six is a shot not many players can execute.
Even apart from the howler he looked to get out very easily (especially before his fifty). He gave several chances all throughout his innings. Not to mention that by the time he was batting the pitch had eased out considerably and most of his innings was against the old ball. He played some good shots but also played several risky ones.
Even apart from the howler he looked to get out very easily (especially before his fifty). He gave several chances all throughout his innings. Not to mention that by the time he was batting the pitch had eased out considerably and most of his innings was against the old ball. He played some good shots but also played several risky ones.
That is exactly a lower order batsmen should do, if pitch had eased out how come nobody else reached 50. Lower order batsmen always should be judged on amount of impact innings rather than average.

Top notch knock - yes, he had 2 reprieves from umpires and the bowling in the later stages was not so threatening. But, he rode his luck and bulldozed all the Indian bowlers. The perfect example of what a counter-attacking knock can do - it reminds me of Kamran Akmal and Abdur Razzaq in that Pak test where Irfan took a hat-trick.

That is exactly a lower order batsmen should do, if pitch had eased out how come nobody else reached 50. Lower order batsmen always should be judged on amount of impact innings rather than average.
Yes for a lower order batsman it was a very good knock. He was lucky but he did well to capitalize on his chances. However the pitch had eased out by then. The other lower order batsman found it a little easier to bat and while they didn’t reach fifties they did contribute a lot at the end.
but was Devilliars a WK at that time?
I believe the record means that in de Villiers' first 14 matches as a wicketkeeper, he scored 1000+ runs. All of de Villiers' first 14 matches were not as a wicketkeeper however. In fact his 14th match as a wicketkeeper was on 22 Feb 2013 while his first was on 26 Dec 2004. b9e8474de8e0da69deeda4f20eec8df7.pngstats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/44936.html?class=1;filter=advanced;keeper=1;orderby=start;spanmax1=22+Feb+2013;spanval1=span;template=results;type=allround;view=match
Wow what a knock I just saw highlights, it should go down as one of the greatest knocks played a wicket keeper. This guy has lot of talent and some of the shots he played were amazing.The sweep shot of his should is the best I have seen from a subcontinent player.He looks very good against short pitch bowling also. If he curbs his temperament little bit, he has makings of very fine batsman.
I'm guessing you haven't seen YK & Sarfraz sweep then...