Darren Sammy - The best captain in World Cricket today?

The only word which to mind for this guy is " RESPECT"! This man proves you dont have to be the best batsman, best bowler or immensely popular in world cricket. All you need is the love and respect of your team...

We have heard about almighty Dhoni, the smashing Afridi and the likes. Who would have thought an unlikely hero in Sammy? 

If you guys missed his speech in the winning ceremony,boy ,you did miss! Came honest, straight from the heart.. The support he gave for his team cannot be measured... 

Is he the best captain in world cricket today? 

16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Dhoni has been unable to win  7 out of the 9  last ODI series / tournament he has captained.  He is still there as ODI captain only because of his past reputation.

we have probably lost all ODI series under Dhoni in 2015.

57 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I actually meant for T20. However, dont forget that even Dhoni captains LOI's and T20's...

The problem with WI is their inconsistency. They look great one day and play like rank minnows the other day against Afg. Even in this fickle format, they need to start being consistent. For that, they need to play enough T20s too (not just in leagues as individuals do).

55 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Sammy isnt their test captain anymore.

Its Jason Holder. I remember now. 

That guy seems somewhat level headed. But, they are very poor in tests even at home. 

In T20, yes definitely one of the best, led WI to two T20 world cups and always under his captaincy WI near top in rankings.

I think would be a great captain to lead an IPL team, rather then some over-rated Australian. 

4 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

Don't agree. If WI only win World Twenty20 titles and forget about Tests, it is sad, whatever may be the reason. As a captain, Sammy has to set an example by instilling a culture of prioritizing tests over all formats. 

Sammy was never test captain , His medium pace and and hitting ability never make him a test player. Also blame Carribean public for not taking interest in test rather than players. How many in India want to play and make career in sport where there is hardly any money or fame. Life is tough for those who do that.

Earlier counties supported West Indian players so they can make a decent living , now its IPL . Every human's first priority is to make decent living for himself and family

I think he is a really good guy generally and he uses that to be a great leader. he has some mercurial guys like Samuels, Benn and Gayle in his team and i think he is able to create a space for everyone to prosper in the team. 

He has not contributed with bat ball recently but he has done it before and he gets the respect of his team