Americas"s Worst mass shooting - 50 dead

Texy

This is a weird shooting case. He was a gay or pretending to be gay? He had 2 marriages. One kid. 9 years of steady job. Lot of questions remain to be answered. But I do not think it is terrorist group related act as he said he was working all the terror organization.  Probably a lone wolf. Another sociopath may be.  My anger is towards how this bozo was allowed to buy assault rifle after he was questioned by FBI twice and after he was on watch list for sometime. It is mind boggling that FBI was not notified when bought these things. F*** this outdated second amendment . They wrote like 150 years back to tackle british. Why the f**k is still relevant. 133 mass shootings this year alone. I understand Indians quickly hopping on to "religion of peace" narrative. But i am not sure if you can prove anyway that is what drove him. Why do you hang around gays, carry gay apps  if you hate gays. Something doesn't add up. 

7 hours ago, Texy said:

Not "so called"...he himself has claimed allegiance to Isis...and Isis claimed responsibility 2 days later. Perhaps he had to choose between being gay n Islam and in anger he took it out on the other innocents. Perhaps he justified as taking out sinners who are not part of the brotherhood.

ISIS will claim credit even for zika virus. It is not a well organized religious radicals like Al Qaeda. They recruit random people online from different countries. Most of the guys (from various faiths) who join ISIS join because it is cool to be part of them. But they sure have managed to perpetrate lot of fear in all the countries using their own citizens. That is what terrifying. Perfectly normal people gets hooked on to this. I think Bangladesh has lot of ISIS sympathizers. It is also the reason why you cannot eliminate them altogether as they live among civilians in various countries. I am listening to his ex wife on CNN, she is detailing how he tortured her. Looks like he didn't even want his wife to move to next aisle. When she did he had hurt her with his finger nail. Looks like her parents have saved her. Islamic terror is real. But this looks like a red herring.

55 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

ISIS will claim credit even for zika virus. It is not a well organized religious radicals like Al Qaeda. They recruit random people online from different countries. Most of the guys (from various faiths) who join ISIS join because it is cool to be part of them. But they sure have managed to perpetrate lot of fear in all the countries using their own citizens. That is what terrifying. Perfectly normal people gets hooked on to this. I think Bangladesh has lot of ISIS sympathizers. It is also the reason why you cannot eliminate them altogether as they live among civilians in various countries. I am listening to his ex wife on CNN, she is detailing how he tortured her. Looks like he didn't even want his wife to move to next aisle. When she did he had hurt her with his finger nail. Looks like her parents have saved her. Islamic terror is real. But this looks like a red herring.

after the shooting, he had called Abu Bakr, ISIS chief.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

after the shooting, he had called Abu Bakr, ISIS chief.

That was to throw you off. He said he had ties with all the organization. All those organizations were against each other. He also said he knew boston bombers which was a lie too. This guy was on FBI watch list. He has abused his ex wife like a psychopath until her parents saved her. Looks like he is a gay his religion hates gay. May be something drove him over the edge. Some may say it is trivializing it. It is absolutely mandatory to make the motive as lucid as possible even if it doesn't fit our narrative. He has grown up like a typical spoilt american.  Born here, did drugs, addicted to clubs, partying. got married. resorted to spousal abusal. . More investigation will reveal how he could give a mickey to FBI and do this.

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

This is a weird shooting case. He was a gay or pretending to be gay? He had 2 marriages. One kid. 9 years of steady job. Lot of questions remain to be answered.

If he was a gay he must have had partner and wouldnt have married twice? His visit to gay bars might be more to his inquisitiveness and planning the attack.

IMO, He definitely didn't got any training or instructions to plan attack from ISIS. Just like ISIS, he too is another victim of religion of peace. Its ideology that is driving it. Logistics is never the issue. In modern world if you want , you can acquire, assemble, create ,manufacture a killing device.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

If he was a gay he must have had partner and wouldnt have married twice? His visit to gay bars might be more to his inquisitiveness and planning the attack.

IMO, He definitely didn't got any training or instructions to plan attack from ISIS. Just like ISIS, he too is another victim of religion of peace. Its ideology that is driving it. Logistics is never the issue. In modern world if you want , you can acquire, assemble, create ,manufacture a killing device.

Why do you carry dating apps. If you want to kill gays you don't case the place for 3 years. He does have homosexual tendencies. Even his ex wife had doubts about it. In America christians have a long history of violence against gay community. They are just as bad. His father is also not for gays. He didn't go around shooting people. This is how it is playing out now. He is a gay with conflicted mind about his identity. Lot of gays who interacted with him feel that could have motivated him. Blaming "religion" just about every crime committed by a guy with muslim name will not give us solution. There is another theory that surfaced when one of the black survivor talked. She told that he let go of all blacks and told her "why are you bombing afghanistan"  . America has more muslim enemies that you can count of. Their army is permanently at one middle east ocuntry or other. There are lot of angles we should look at. We cannot straight away push our narrative. Reason i am open to other chances is because he grew up in america, addicted to clubs, did drugs., after certain age he was not said to be that religious,  he visited gay club, spousal abuse. sounds like a typical american .

I see repeated instances of gun violence in the US as a sign of cultural degradation. Too much self indulgence and materialism has degraded the society.

One random American user on youtube was like "America lives on NFL, heroine and cocaine" .

14 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I see repeated instances of gun violence in the US as a sign of cultural degradation. Too much self indulgence and materialism has degraded the society.

One random American user on youtube was like "America lives on NFL, heroine and cocaine" .

Just look at all his picture lol Every single picture is a selfie infront of mirror. Looks like a real loner. His ex wife told he would spend lot of time standing infront of mirror admiring him. Probably some drug went real wrong.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Why do you carry dating apps. If you want to kill gays you don't case the place for 3 years. He does have homosexual tendencies. Even his ex wife had doubts about it. In America christians have a long history of violence against gay community. They are just as bad. His father is also not for gays. He didn't go around shooting people. This is how it is playing out now. He is a gay with conflicted mind about his identity. Lot of gays who interacted with him feel that could have motivated him. Blaming "religion" just about every crime committed by a guy with muslim name will not give us solution. There is another theory that surfaced when one of the black survivor talked. She told that he let go of all blacks and told her "why are you bombing afghanistan"  . America has more muslim enemies that you can count of. Their army is permanently at one middle east ocuntry or other. There are lot of angles we should look at. We cannot straight away push our narrative. Reason i am open to other chances is because he grew up in america, addicted to clubs, did drugs., after certain age he was not said to be that religious,  he visited gay club, spousal abuse. sounds like a typical american .

There is another story for 911 and another for 2611 and one more for 711 and so on. I don't buy this. A confused gay probably could have bought a pistol and fired a round or two. Buying an assault rifle, seriously? How do you get the idea unless you fantasize IS or some part of a religion. I am sorry but I am not buying the angle here. Killing as many people without any provocation doesn't come to humans. Even animals don't go on killing like that. 100s of rounds were fired. over 100 got hit, 50+ died. A human once sees another human dying with his own eyes, his soul must wake up and say what am I doing. That didn't happen.

For this very reason that in India, Hindu's should stop the path of fanaticism as well. Right now it is at an inception phase in india. But that path is very very dangerous. Beating /abusing people or other religions all of that must stop at home. We had an incidence where a person was lynched for eating beef. That level of fanaticism must stop. Just my 2 cents.

Just now, dial_100 said:

There is another story for 911 and another for 2611 and one more for 711 and so on. I don't buy this. A confused gay probably could have bought a pistol and fired a round or two. Buying an assault rifle, seriously? How do you get the idea unless you fantasize IS or some part of a religion. I am sorry but I am not buying the angle here. Killing as many people without any provocation doesn't come to humans. Even animals don't go on killing like that. 100s of rounds were fired. over 100 got hit, 50+ died. A human once sees another human dying with his own eyes, his soul must wake up and say what am I doing. That didn't happen.

For this very reason that in India, Hindu's should stop the path of fanaticism as well. Right now it is at an inception phase in india. But that path is very very dangerous. Beating /abusing people or other religions all of that must stop at home. We had an incidence where a person was lynched for eating beef. That level of fanaticism must stop. Just my 2 cents.

Sandy hook shooter killed his mom and 20 kids aged between 5 and 10. What religion he followed you tell me. 

, Aurora shooter, planned parenthood shooter.. it can come to americans. Everyone wanted to hurt as many as possible. 133 mass shootings in this year alone. Even yesterday there was another mass shooting where 6 got injured 1 got killed.

His wife is the key here. It seems like she wanted to talk him out of it. But she claims she was not aware of his target.. Still conflict reports come out. I will wait before profiling people. In India that rheotric will fly. In America it won't because 90% of the mass shootings are committed by non muslims.

His dad is hiding something. His father was involved in Afghanistan politics. He definitely is not happy with US being there. Killer also talked about bombing in afghanistan before sparing someone. It could be a politically motivated attack. One guy recorded all his speech from hiding space and gave it to FBI. Nobody knows what is in it.

22 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

even the app could have been used to figureout the target location and maximum casuality planning day. 

Basic thing is this is a terrorist attack by a person who happens to be homophobic. Calling him homosexual tendencies is spreading a lie for political purpose. Election are here, so called free media will keep making angles. Any other year and everything would have been clear. 

20 hours ago, dial_100 said:

You have absolutely no clue what and how terrorist are defined. Riots, mob lyinching is standard traits of a developing economy.  When Raj thakare's Great Maratha were beating up , lynching and cutting the hands of Up and Bihari workers in Mumbai , that didnt mean that Marathis are terrorist.

28 minutes ago, mishra said:

You have absolutely no clue what and how terrorist are defined. Riots, mob lyinching is standard traits of a developing economy.  When Raj thakare's Great Maratha were beating up , lynching and cutting the hands of Up and Bihari workers in Mumbai , that didnt mean that Marathis are terrorist.

possibly one of the most disturbing posts ever on ICF.

54 minutes ago, mishra said:

even the app could have been used to figureout the target location and maximum casuality planning day. 

Basic thing is this is a terrorist attack by a person who happens to be homophobic. Calling him homosexual tendencies is spreading a lie for political purpose. Election are here, so called free media will keep making angles. Any other year and everything would have been clear. 

There are many many unanswered questions. I hate these jihadists as much as anyone does in the world. This guy does not even have the basic 101 of terrorist groups. He claimed he was representing whole bunch of conflicting groups which FBI called total bull.  His first wife has termed him as a weirdo. Looks like he hurt his wife for leaving out of his sight in a grocery store. After months of abuse her parents have rescued her.  Some of the intimate things she indicated that he was not a normal heterosexual guy. Look at his pictures. All are infront of mirror.  lol. Infact Obama called it an act of terror act of hate crime. Both. But FBI investigation , CIA terrorist experts are not convinced one bit.  It is not media is making angles. It is we who are making angles without any shred of evidence. FBI is an independent body . They can say whatever they want.  This guy is not said to be religious as well. So saying he read Quran and went after these guys doesn't make sense. My guess is it could be Afghan war revenge.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

There are many many unanswered questions. I hate these jihadists as much as anyone does in the world. This guy does not even have the basic 101 of terrorist groups. He claimed he was representing whole bunch of conflicting groups which FBI called total bull.  His first wife has termed him as a weirdo. Looks like he hurt his wife for leaving out of his sight in a grocery store. After months of abuse her parents have rescued her.  Some of the intimate things she indicated that he was not a normal heterosexual guy. Look at his pictures. All are infront of mirror.  lol. Infact Obama called it an act of terror act of hate crime. Both. But FBI investigation , CIA terrorist experts are not convinced one bit.  It is not media is making angles. It is we who are making angles without any shred of evidence. FBI is an independent body . They can say whatever they want.  This guy is not said to be religious as well. So saying he read Quran and went after these guys doesn't make sense. My guess is it could be Afghan war revenge.

I doubt words of ex wife on camera is of any value. Offcourse in a interrogation room or under oath if she says same then it will make sense.

Its not a  principal but a general statement is as you grow older you get more into religion. So what and how he behaved 5 years back allthough releveant but cant be relied upon as true nature of the guy at time of attack.

For the bolded part, we dont know as of yet for certainity.

Politically, If Obama had said it was a terrorist attack, it would have meant a unofficial hand over of white house keys to Mr Trump.

Edited by mishra

2 hours ago, mishra said:

I was not generalizing it nor was I singling out any individual or an organization. I was merely pointing out the dangerous trend which will only lead the society to destruction. I was okay about this in the 80s or 90s but since then we have matured. But it should get better because I feel culturally Indians are most matured and evolved barring few old-fashioned practices.

12 minutes ago, mishra said:

I doubt words of ex wife on camera is of any value. Offcourse in a interrogation room or under oath if she says same then it will make sense.

Its not a  principal but a general statement is as you grow older you get more into religion. So what and how he behaved 5 years back allthough releveant but cant be relied upon as true nature of the guy at time of attack.

For the bolded part, we dont know as of yet for certainity.

Politically, If Obama had said it was a terrorist attack, it would have meant a unofficial hand over of white house keys to Mr Trump.

He did say it is an act of terror. Why do you think it will play into the hands of Trump. Infact everyone disapproved his horrific speech. Even republicans kept distance from him. Obama eviscerated him. His polls have tanked. It doesn't matter. We are looking at it from an Indian perspective. From an american perspective providing easy access to AR 15  to every one is the talk. You can call it islamic terrorism whatever you want. This guy was born in the united states, Grew up in the united states. An american killed bunch of americans. A guy who was on FBI watch list killed. A guy who was interrogated by FBI twice got these guns and killed. It should have never happened. This guy had a secure job for 9 years. Has a kid, So you wouldn't suspect based on religion. The same act could have been committed by a christian terrorist as well. Infact most of the shootings here are committed by non muslims. 

It is shocking to see how easy it is to buy an automatic assault rifle in US. Some 20 yr old guy posted a youtube video of him buying an AR-15 with an expired drivers license. 

Bloody weapons manufacturers have such a strong hold on Congress. They spent millions every year lobbying and giving gifts to politicians. 

Edited by Texy