'NDTV India' to be taken off air for a day for its Pathankot coverage

Malcolm Merlyn

17 minutes ago, diga said:

Cant banish Jaitley from Modi govt as most ministers are outsiders to machinations of Delhi/Lutyens club... 

NDTV got a lot of free publicity and now a lot more people of this country are aware of the activities of this channel...

Jaitley is the achilles heel of the Modi Govt.

9 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Jaitley is such a dastard. Reduced a 3 month ban to 1 day. 

I agree with Jaitley. This is election time and BJP adversaries are waiting for a sniff to take on the Centre. Have to be measured and careful. 

Else, they will start how Modi will crush media's voice, blah blah and further nonsense. 

13 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

I agree with Jaitley. This is election time and BJP adversaries are waiting for a sniff to take on the Centre. Have to be measured and careful. 

Else, they will start how Modi will crush media's voice, blah blah and further nonsense. 

I respect your opinion, but I disagree in a different sense. It may help the BJP, but I view this as a national security issue. NDTV is a serial offender in broadcasting sensitive info. This was a chance to set an example for all the irresponsible media houses.  

13 hours ago, Tibarn said:

:laugh:

Entire BJP should be sent to Pakistan and nuked on arrival. 

BJP's Delhi 4 gang in action again. Honestly, these guys are pathetic. The sooner NaMo kicks these jokers out, the better. 

Edited by jalebi_bhai

23 hours ago, Crookbond said:

You do know that the army chief found this allegation baseless?

•  

• She carried a satellite phone in Kargil, which made her location traceable, an Iridium instrument. She was the only journalist with a sat-phone. Even army officers with sat-phones were not present in conflict zones.
  • In the darkness, she is on Tiger Hill, the camera and light flips on, lady talks her talk from an obvious military location, and concludes with this is barkha butt reporting from 56 Brigade HQ. The Pakistanis spotted the light and had a fix on the locatio

Five minutes after she leaves, artillery rain the place leaving an officer and 3 jawans martyred.

https://www.quora.com/Was-Barkha-Dutts-reporting-in-Kargil-fatal-to-the-Indian-Army

Now later part: If Gen V P Malik gave her a clean chit.

• She goes on as a reporter and gathers evidence and then claims it in media that Indian soldier conducted a beheading of Pakistani - Himal magazine (June 2001).

Has she got some evidence from the border which is more sinister than above that Gen V P Malik has assumed that bygones are bygones.

P.S: I have never Gen VP Malik in co-ordial terms with R@NDI TV or its reporters.

Edited by mishra

7 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

BJP's Delhi 4 gang in action again. Honestly, these guy are pathetic. The sooner NaMo kicks these jokers out, the better. 

Not sure... Modi needs them as insiders in Delhi circles with too many Babus/Politicians residing. May be he can curtail their influence in the cabinet. 

6 hours ago, diga said:

Not sure... Modi needs them as insiders in Delhi circles with too many Babus/Politicians residing. May be he can curtail their influence in the cabinet. 

He'll eventually have to dump them. Barring Swaraj who has done well as EAM, the remaining three are dead weights. Venkaiah and Jaitley have been hopeless I&B Ministers.

13 hours ago, mishra said:
  •  

https://www.quora.com/Was-Barkha-Dutts-reporting-in-Kargil-fatal-to-the-Indian-Army

Now later part: If Gen V P Malik gave her a clean chit.

• She goes on as a reporter and gathers evidence and then claims it in media that Indian soldier conducted a beheading of Pakistani - Himal magazine (June 2001).

Has she got some evidence from the border which is more sinister than above that Gen V P Malik has assumed that bygones are bygones.

P.S: I have never Gen VP Malik in co-ordial terms with R@NDI TV or its reporters.

I don't get you.

3 hours ago, Crookbond said:

I don't get you.

Gen VP Malik was army CHIEF OF STAFF during Kargil and aparently he has mentioned his unhappiness about media role during Kargil in his book "war secrets of army". So your claim about clean cheat doesn't seems substantiated

Edited by mishra

20 hours ago, mishra said:

Gen VP Malik was army CHIEF OF STAFF during Kargil and aparently he has mentioned his unhappiness about media role during Kargil in his book "war secrets of army". So your claim about clean cheat doesn't seems substantiated

The claim was that Barkha gave away sensitive information. That claim was not found to be true by the same person.

On 11/9/2016 at 10:12 AM, mishra said:

This is proven false assumption, unless you interpret the facts otherwise.

Dude, the claim was made by you. So, you need to provide proof for the claim; not vice versa. Here, I have pro-actively said that General Malik even disagreed with the claim you made. It is not an assumption.

13 hours ago, Crookbond said:

Dude, the claim was made by you. So, you need to provide proof for the claim; not vice versa. Here, I have pro-actively said that General Malik even disagreed with the claim you made. It is not an assumption.

Ok, I have provide you enough evidence . Now you want it to be prooven in court of law or something like that then jog on. Also PM of India on record has said that during Gujrat riots he has to ban her reporting because she was reporting that there is no police presence to protect some street with name of street, and cameras live on shops and all. I. E inviting rioters to where to attack.

so stop being a parrot and use some  common sense. You will easily figure out why mediapersons arent brought to court or punished .

Edited by mishra

15 hours ago, mishra said:

Ok, I have provide you enough evidence . Now you want it to be prooven in court of law or something like that then jog on. Also PM of India on record has said that during Gujrat riots he has to ban her reporting because she was reporting that there is no police presence to protect some street with name of street, and cameras live on shops and all. I. E inviting rioters to where to attack.

so stop being a parrot and use some  common sense. You will easily figure out why mediapersons arent brought to court or punished .

You have not provided enough evidence.

^1.  Gen Malik can give opinion,  not change facts which is she was reporting that exposed soldier positions. And soldiers were attacked and killed just few mins after she reported.

2. Gen Malik has mentioned it in his book, check ealier update of mine.

3. Gen Malik has not given clean chit to BD as you claimed. Check earlier posts of yours where you falsely claimed that.

4. Nothing was needed to be prooven as there was no law.But now there are laws brought about by Modi government ( mot retrospective though)to stop such stupidity on legal basis, and hence channel as whole should bear the burnt

Edited by mishra