ICF All Time ODI Cricket Draft [MATCH DAY 1 - Group B] | Match 2

1. Which Team Do You Think Would WIN?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Which Team Do You Think Would WIN?

• OPENING BATSMAN
    • BEAUTIFUL GAME

Match 1 OPENING BATSMAN vs BEAUTIFULGAME ( @OpeningBatsman vs @BeautifulGame )

VENUE : SABINA PARK ,KINGSTON , JAMAICA

The spectacular Blue Mountains, (home of the world famous Blue Mountain coffee) form a picturesque and spectacular backdrop to the north facing the George Headley Stand, with Kingston Harbour to the south.iS situated in the driest part of Kingston and for many years the pitch was one of the hardest and fastest in the Caribbean. In terms of size, Sabina Park was relatively small,HAVING A CAPACITY OF 20000.

OPENING BATSMAN :

Well, I honestly believe we have the most balanced squad in the tournament. Some teams are packed with hitters without any one to hold the innings together so they could easily be 5 down for 50, while some other teams are so poor in bowling depth that they will concede 300+ every game.

The batting

OPENERS

mark-waugh-adam-gilchrist-1421647624.jpg.41937b65b4f9f0d39d9cd02382a9efda.jpg

The openers are the highly successful World Cup winning pair of Adam Gilchrist and Mark Waugh.

Gilly is also the captain of my side and he will keep wickets. Not only is Gilly the best WK batsman of all time (hands down), he's a very shrewd captain (conquered the final frontier in India with regular captain absent). The duo partnered during the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England, a tournament that Australia went on to win beating Pakistan in the final. Gilchrist and Waugh scored 3853 runs, including eight century run stands and twenty half- century run stands

MIDDLE ORDER

mark-waugh-adam-gilchrist-1421647624.thumb.jpg.707ce4a36f1d00fb28ffb1436f2818b1.jpg

At no.3, NZ skipper and a guaranteed future ATG Kane Williamson. This guy is not only technically correct (Avg 45) but also scores at a very fast clip (Strike rate 83) and ideal for a team with openers like Gilly n Waugh. Already regarded as NZ’s best ever, there is nothing more pleasing than watching Kane in his full flow.

mark-waugh-adam-gilchrist-1421647624.thumb.jpg.37ed4a76970205215cec2fbe056e542f.jpg

The destructive Kevin Pieterson comes at #4. KP was one of the most stylish batsman to play for England. His never say die attitude and fighting spirit made him a force to reckon in the cricketing world.  A maverick and match winner on his own, KP is the ideal no 4 any team can have.

mark-waugh-adam-gilchrist-1421647624.jpg.1e7ea88fa3f2942b5b0a056a560e9fbc.jpg

Following KP will be Mohd Azharuddin. At his best there was no equal to Azhar. Such an artist with the wrist and a delight to watch, he could take apart any bowling attack on his day. One of the best Indian fielder ever to play cricket. He was a complete fielder and could field in all position. (9378 runs in 334 matches)

mark-waugh-adam-gilchrist-1421647624.jpg.d7d9d193886b62955a3678897c9ba11b.jpg

At #6 , I have the best finisher the ODI game has ever seen. The OG, incomparable Michael Bevan. Unlike today’s players, Bevan faced some of the best bowlers ever to play and still averaged 50+ coming in at no.5/6. No total is safe as long as Michael Bevan is in and...

LOWER ORDER

mark-waugh-adam-gilchrist-1421647624.jpg.ff7478ba94b21e77fcde0c84158642c9.jpg

to support him at no.7 we have one of the most underrated AR in cricket - Dwayne bravo. Excellent death bowler with slower deliveries and yorkers, he can also hit them big  in the final few overs. Made for limited overs cricket.

mark-waugh-adam-gilchrist-1421647624.jpg.bb62d2f15d1d595789a182bae793a3e4.jpg

Adding to the late order batting muscle, Shaun Pollock , comes in at no.8. One of the best all rounder to play ODI (underrated), he averages 26 with the bat, batting at no.8 and 9!!

The bowling

The combination of  Michael Holding, Shaun Pollock, Waqar Younis and the GOAT Shane Warne has to be the best bowling combo any team would love to have at their disposal, given the batting prowess my side possess.  Not to forget they will be ably supported by the wily Bravo. We also have Kevin Pieterson and Michael Bevan to bowl their part time spin and Mark Waugh who could bowl both spin and military medium according to the conditions.

mark-waugh-adam-gilchrist-1421647624.thumb.jpg.727554dc3e7103c5bd1a79e40c2add9b.jpg

What happens when one has the bloodline of legendary cricketers like Peter and Graeme Pollock? One of the greatest disciplined bowlers in the history of the game, Shaun Pollock  has 393 odi wickets @ an avg of 24.5 and an amazing economy rate of 3.67.

mark-waugh-adam-gilchrist-1421647624.jpg.5a79aa36479f7abc7c1085dac018bb05.jpg

Pure poetry in motion.
King of yorkers and reverse swing.

Waqar, one of the fastest bowler of his era and virtually unplayable with the older ball and a wicket taker with the new ball as well, has taken 416 wickets @23.84.

mark-waugh-adam-gilchrist-1421647624.jpg.b3e0a7b2a8a81a724a61c60ea1b53b54.jpg

With Whispering Death Michael Holding to partner them, we have the most complete fast bowling unit in this competition. His bowling was smooth and very fast, and he used his height (6 ft 3 1⁄2 in ) to generate large amounts of bounce and zip off the pitch.

mark-waugh-adam-gilchrist-1421647624.jpg.05ff3ee5801ff4383db8ea6ba8a59154.jpg

Shane Warne – the name is enough.

THE FIELDING

Imagine Adam Gilchrist keeping with Azhar, Shane Warne and  Mark Waugh waiting in the slips.  Three of the finest slip catchers the world has seen.  Add to it, gun fielders like, Pieterson, Williamson, Bravo, Bevan etc, this team will easily save 25-30 runs in every match and take breathtaking catches, such a joy to watch.

Ladies n Gentlemen, this is a team full of champions and truly a team for all conditions with batting depth till 9, bowlers and all rounders for any pitch conditions and one of the best fielding team one can assemble.591bc5f906efb_Webp.net-compress-image(1).thumb.jpg.d4bfc5e9880163edf8c200dee7a991f3.jpg

If you like this team, do make sure to vote for it when the competition begins today/tomorrow. Other teams might have one or two of your favorite players, but remember this is a team game and the votes must go to the best team.

Cheers.

VS

BEAUTIFULGAME

BG IMAGE xi.jpg

BG XI.jpg

:pray: 

A good bowling attack will always get sloggers and hitters out early. This is where BG's batting is skeptical to some good bowling.

BG's batting is poor even thiugh he has some big names because if both hitters get out early, which they would, they will fall apart.

OB's team is brilliant and got variety in the bowling, just read the names.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

A good bowling attack will always get sloggers and hitters out early. This is where BG's batting is skeptical to some good bowling.

BG's batting is poor even thiugh he has some big names because if both hitters get out early, which they would, they will fall apart.

OB's team is brilliant and got variety in the bowling, just read the names.

Just for disclosure :Opening Game and Cricketics are same team :cantstop:

Calling that batting line up slogger :hmmm:

I will struggle to find anyone anywhere who will call Sehwag Yuvi Gambhir Desilva and least of all Devilliers who averaged nearly 55 in modern era as sloggers.

Seems there seems to be a  mixing up between a batting line up that can dominate bowlers and slogger aka Afridi .

Edited by BeautifulGame
17 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Just for disclosure :Opening Game and Cricketics are same team :giggle:

Calling that batting line up slogger :hmmm:

I will struggle to find anyone anywhere who will call Sehwag Yuvi Gambhir Desilva and least of all Devilliers who averaged nearly 55 in modern era as sloggers.

Seems you confused between a batting line up that can dominate bowlers and slogger aka Afridi or Bravo.

Now coming to quote yes a good bowling team will always prevails that's why I am more confident in the match up.

A seam attack consisting of Starc Bond and Marshall.

Arguably the 3 best fast bowlers of their generation.

Not just sheer pace (Easily the best pace track one can assemble) but also one of the most skillful set of bowls.Marshall considered by many cricketers the greatest ever bowler to play the game lest we forget.

Thai is against a batting line up who struggles against pace and bounce.

Azhar Bravo and Bevan ,3 players who consistently renowned for struggle against bounce and pace .

Marshall wasn't the best bowler of his generation in odis, in fact his odi average of 26+ was rather high, Starc and bond are the best no doubt but support bowlers like hogg and klusener make this attack a bit weak compared to other attacks. Plus I think warne will be the major difference between the 2 teams. 

Waqar, holding and pollock will easily get sehwag and warner out at the top, If gambhir and desilva survive their spell, they can handle warne and build a partnership with yuvi and devilliers finishing the job by cashing in on bravo. But the problem is if gambo and desilva don't build a partnership then warne will run through yuvi devilliers and the tail. Also the the batting of openingbatsman's team seems more solid and should have no problems negotiating marshall, hogg and Klusner. Magic spells from starc or bond can singlehandedly win you the game but the probability of openingbatsman's team coming out on top are more in my opinion. 

Marshall wasn't the best bowler of his generation in odis, in fact his odi average of 26+ was rather high, Starc and bond are the best no doubt but support bowlers like hogg and klusener make this attack a bit weak compared to other attacks. Plus I think warne will be the major difference between the 2 teams. 

Waqar, holding and pollock will easily get sehwag and warner out at the top, If gambhir and desilva survive their spell, they can handle warne and build a partnership with yuvi and devilliers finishing the job by cashing in on bravo. But the problem is if gambo and desilva don't build a partnership then warne will run through yuvi devilliers and the tail. Also the the batting of openingbatsman's team seems more solid and should have no problems negotiating marshall, hogg and Klusner. Magic spells from starc or bond can singlehandedly win you the game but the probability of openingbatsman's team coming out on top are more in my opinion. 

Hogg doesn't make any attack weak.He is just incredibly underrated.Having him in the team gives a varied bowling attack than anyone.

To put it in perspective his strike is the 5th best for any spinner in ODI history and yes better than even Shane Warne .

Also Sehwag has incredible record against Pakistan bowlers and Warner has similar impeccable record against Saffers .So this is not an easy go for their bowlers either.

Alas it takes is one good cameo from Viru like he demolished Gul in 2011 or Pakistan in 2003 and their bowlers are scurrying for shelter and throuwn of their length.

Whwreas in the reverse all it takes a good spell from Bond(exceptional record vs Gilly and co)/Starc /Marshall and we are into a middle order even on their best day can tuk tuk to 250 apart from KP.

Just looking at the Middle order of Bevan / Azhar/Bravo even if they get set a good platform hardly are good enough to finish of with quick runs.None of them is known for scoring big at the end.At best can get to par.And all are ripe candidates for being bounced out .

Compare that with a middle order of Devilliers /Yuvi/Klusner .Honestly there is no contest for me.

De Villiers/Yuvi/Klusner vs Bevan/Azhar/Bravo

Even if they get through the top ,they still have content with Lance Klusner an all rounder who averages in the 40s and Hogg at 8 who averages 20+ and then Starc at 9.

Like this game...kudos for the initiative BG and others...

I hope this does not turn into bogus voting based on Sachin, Dhoni, Kohli factions...

For this game,

• Batting - OpeningBatsman - Good mix of Dashers and sensible batsmens that would be better suited in Jamaica. If this was a sub continental patta than definitely the firepower of BG's team would have batted the opposition out.
  • Bowling - Opening Batsman - Both look good on paper, however, Warne is the difference maker here. All the pacers from both teams are awesome and equally destructive, but Warne will win over Hogg anyday.
  • Fielding - OpeningBatsman - Needless to say much. Definitely better than Sehwag,Gauti n Desilvas.
  • Captain - BeautifulGame - I dunno why OB choose Gilchrist as captain when he had Warne in his side. This could actually affect the outcome of the game in ODIs, I hope he can make the change in future games. Gambhir is the best of the lot in BG's team as captain.

Result - OpeningBatsman.

9 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Like this game...kudos for the initiative BG and others...

I hope this does not turn into bogus voting based on Sachin, Dhoni, Kohli factions...

For this game,

• Batting - OpeningBatsman - Good mix of Dashers and sensible batsmens that would be better suited in Jamaica. If this was a sub continental patta than definitely the firepower of BG's team would have batted the opposition out.
  • Bowling - Opening Batsman - Both look good on paper, however, Warne is the difference maker here. All the pacers from both teams are awesome and equally destructive, but Warne will win over Hogg anyday.
  • Fielding - OpeningBatsman - Needless to say much. Definitely better than Sehwag,Gauti n Desilvas.
  • Captain - BeautifulGame - I dunno why OB choose Gilchrist as captain when he had Warne in his side. This could actually affect the outcome of the game in ODIs, I hope he can make the change in future games. Gambhir is the best of the lot in BG's team as captain.

Result - OpeningBatsman.

Thank u. Well the reason why I chose gilly over warne was only because of captaincy experience @ intnl level. I don't think warne has captained his side ever(correct me if iam wrong) while gilly captained 17 and won 12.  (he also captained the test side when they won the series in india) 

Im just talking abt odi captaincy record not ipl or bbl. 

Thanks for the review cheers. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman
12 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Thank u. Well the reason why I chose gilly over warne was only because of captaincy experience @ intnl level. I don't think warne has captained his side ever(correct me if iam wrong) while gilly captained 17 and won 12.  (he also captained the test side when they won the series in india) 

Im just talking abt odi captaincy record not ipl or bbl. 

Thanks for the review cheers. 

Well as per the wiki, in ODI's captaincy record for them are

Warne - 11 - 10 - 1 - 0 (91%)

Gilly - 17 - 12 - 4 - 1 ( 75%)