• Corey Anderson (MI)
    • Michael Hussey (MI)
    • Kevin Pietersen (DD)
    • Amit Mishra (SRH)
    • Shikhar Dhawan (SRH)
    • Jacques Kallis (KKR)
    • Stuart Binny (RR)
    • Pragyan Ojha (MI)

WINNER: Chris Gayle Chris_Gayle_1459246g.jpg =========================== Original OP: It's that time of the year......! As the league phase of this year's IPL is nearing its end, we shall now pick the most worthless player of IPL 2014. Here are the past winners: 2013 - Kumara Sangakkara; Runner-up: Ashok Dinda Link to thread 2012 - Yusuf Pathan Link to thread So, who do you think was the most worthless player this year. Remember the definition of a worthless player: A player who is earning big bucks this year but flopping miserably. The minimum salary of the player must be $300k. Also, the more money that the player earns and the poorer the performance the more worthless he is. E.g. if player A and player B had identical performances and if A earned $500k and B earned $2 million, then B is more worthless Here are the contenders for this year - Chris Gayle (RCB) - Salary $1.6 million - the star performer of the last few IPLs has had a torrid time this year Virat Kohli (RCB) - Salary $2.1 million - I absolutely hate to put him in this list; superhero for India but super-flop for RCB Corey Anderson (MI) - Salary $770k Michael Hussey (MI) - Salary $850k Kevin Pietersen (DD) - Salary $1 million+ (not sure exactly how much) Amit Mishra (SRH) - Salary $810k Shikhar Dhawan (SRH) - Salary $1.6 million Jacques Kallis (KKR) - Salary $940k Stuart Binny (RR) - Salary $580k Pragyan Ojha (MI) - Salary $550k ** Salary data may not be accurate. If you find a discrepancy, let me know

M. Vijay should be there in that list with a salary of 5 crores per year. My vote will go for Gayle mainly cause he doesn't even seem to care. The fecker is out of shape, won't run for singles, won't bend, WTF!

M. Vijay should be there in that list with a salary of 5 crores per year. My vote will go for Gayle mainly cause he doesn't even seem to care. The fecker is out of shape' date=' won't run for singles, won't bend, WTF![/quote'] It's not his fault..he is forced to play i guess. Kohli is teh biggest issue...he is a avergae T20 player for RCb in 7 seasons...[except last season]

Pathan brothers?
Pathan brothers are no longer earning the lofty salaries that they did in the past. Even though both do meet the minimum salary criterion, I have tried to pick mostly players who earn much more and have performed as bad or worse.

Pathan brothers are no longer earning the lofty salaries that they did in the past. Even though both do meet the minimum salary criterion' date=' I have tried to pick mostly players who earn much more and have performed as bad or worse.[/quote'] Yusuf Pathan and Ojha were bought for the same amount. You can also add Mooli Vijay/SHami to the list.