Team vs Pak at Kol

zen

It is a must win game for India so what team or combination would give India more advantage? First, let's look at what happened in the Pak vs BD game:

• Total runs = 347 (Highest score = 201)
  • Total wkts lost = 11 (Most wkts lost = 6)

I think that picking up wkts is the key. The top 4-5 will have to get most of the runs. If a team loses 2-3 quick wkts, whatever score it would scrap to get could be eventually overhauled. The side batting first will look to bat out the other team.

In a situation like this where not everyone could bat or if everyone bats, it means the team is already in trouble, what should be India's team and/or combination:

a) No change

b) Play some different players for e.g. Bhajji and/or Shami in place of Jadeja and/or Nehra  .... left arm spinner may not be able to turn the ball much so batsmen will be able to hit through the line unless he is accurate. On the other hand, Pak has a lot of right-hand batsmen so if the ball turns, left arm slow could be useful

c) Play an extra bowler (as not everyone could bat and if they do the team could already be in trouble so would need the bowling to strike back)

PS The Pak vs BD was played in the afternoon. Ind vs Pak will be played in the evening (dew factor?)

Edited by rett

If we go by what Dhoni will do there would be nothing much to discuss on cricket :cantstop:

My main thoughts are:

• Bhajji vs Jadeja .... as Bhajji can create an unique angle bowling from round the wkt 
  • Shami vs Nehra .... but Nehra can provide early breakthrough 
  • Shami vs Pandya .... what gives Ind more advantage on a flat pitch, i.e.Pandya's batting vs Shami's bowling

Nehra bowls really well in first 2 he gives away 3rd and 4th IDK what kind of ghost enters him :whack:

If Nehra is bowling well, he should be bowled out / bowled for 3 overs at least 

Edited by rett

Who will bowl the death overs then? Dhoni tried Pandya in one of the matches and he went for a lot of runs.

He could be given 3 overs in the first spell with Bumrah bowling 1 or 2 and Ashwin can bowl 1 or 2 in PPs

18th Bumrah, 19th Nehra, 20th Bumrah .... if it is still a concern, also play Shami 

Edited by rett

He could be given 3 overs in the first spell with Bumrah bowling 1 or 2 and Ashwin can bowl 1 or 2 in PPs

18th Bumrah, 19th Nehra, 20th Bumrah .... if it is still a concern, also play Shami 

That could work. If only Pandya had a good yorker and slower ones it would have been great. 

Team won't change... Fielding is an important aspect and India always steps up in fielding against Pakistan.... Jaddu is a darter... Bhajji is a darter... Dhoni will prefer Jaddu as his fielding could help in getting at least a runout... In the last match Jaddu missed running out Anderson... Anderson really had a lucky day. That made the exta difference of @20 runs...

Pak bowling is better which India can counter with batting and super fielding...

Dantnipora Nehra is a weak link but he's ex-CSK and won't be replaced...

If we had Mishra, I would consider playing him instead of Jadeja.  Bhajji might be worth a punt, he is an experienced competitor and you already have an SLA option in Yuvi.  

I wouldn't risk Shami instead of Nehra in a crunch game like this - not fair to him coming in straight, without any real T20 success behind him.  

Shami instead of Pandya is completely far-fetched - you don't play 5 full bowlers and 2 all-rounders - thats way too much bowling at the expense of batting.  

Bhajji vs Jadeja is the only option but by no means a no-brainer

Bottomline, this is the team that we brought to the dance - live and die with it.

For me bowling is like securing the base so would not think about compromising the 5th bowler esp. in this game and considering that Pak's pinch hitter could be targeting some of the weaker bowlers ....  Usually not all the bowlers are going to have a good day so it is always good to have more options as we don't know who is going to go for runs on the day 

My 11 for this key game 

* Dhawan - has the ability to perform under pressure (esp. after his catch is dropped) 

* Rohit - looking forward to his encounter with Amir 

* Kohli - the train that only stops once Ind reaches its destination (victory) 

* 2 from - Raina, Yuvi and Pandya (this group is not consistent enough but may come good on the flat track)

* Dhoni 

* Bhajji - will miss Jadeja's fielding (may be can come in as a sub later on) but want a bowler to fire in darts and also bowl from round the wkt where the ball could hold the line or come back in to the right handers. He could slip in the quicker one as well. Also likes to bowl at Kol

* Ashwin 

* Shami - a wkt taking option and he likes to bowl at Kol

* Nehra

* Bumrah

• Nehra and Shami to focus on going all out for wkts in the PP; Bumrah to clean things up at the death 
  • Ashwin, Bhajji and a part-timer to do tricks in the middle overs. Ash can bowl in the PP if required
  • Five proper bowlers to either help set up or defend runs mainly expected to be scored by Rohit, Kohli and Dhoni. I would look at big runs scored from other batsmen (not consistent enough) as a bonus!

Edited by rett