Rahane's player performance thread

3 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Don't forget his partnership with Pujara at Bangalore is the reason we are still in the series. Staring down at 0-2, personal form not great, weakness against spin and he came out with a gem of a knock in the context of the match.

Bhai pls change that ugly dp :facepalm:

1 hour ago, BCCI said:

Irrespective of how he does in this game I have always thought this guy is very overrated.Struggles to play spin,liability in ODIs and average in T20s. But ya he gets a 100 overseas per series,so he must be great.

One thing I particularly detest about him his he never looks in form or command ,always has that look of playing under pressure.

22 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

THIS. Even when in form, he doesn't dominate like others. He has yet to have a bumper series. If you are truly special and are in form then you should be scoring 500+ runs minimum in a series. 

Did you guys watch some of his overseas innings? Watch how he dominated Mitchell Johnson in Melbourne. Even Kohli wasn't as dominating as Rahane was in that innings. He is going through a bad patch, but let's not question his overall contributions to the team. He is our best bet overseas.

Just now, Texan said:

Did you guys watch some of his overseas innings? Watch how he dominated Mitchell Johnson in Melbourne. Even Kohli wasn't as dominating as Rahane was in that innings. He is going through a bad patch, but let's not question his overall contributions to the team. He is our best bet overseas.

Yes I have watched that,but I expect more from my (supposedly) best test batsmen,not just an isolated test 100 per series.

4 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Yes I have watched that,but I expect more from my (supposedly) best test batsmen,not just an isolated test 100 per series.

So, he gets one hundred per series, which none of the others gets, and plays some match winning knocks and yet you want him dropped from the team? If he is (supposedly) not the best batsman, all he needs is to be in the best 4-5 batsmen and he can still command a place in the team.

1 minute ago, Texan said:

So, he gets one hundred per series, which none of the others gets, and plays some match winning knocks and yet you want him dropped from the team? If he is (supposedly) not the best batsman, all he needs is to be in the best 4-5 batsmen and he can still command a place in the team.

Where have I said he should dropped from the side ,I have just said I think is overrated and I expect a whole lot more from him ESPECIALLY consistent performances. For example I want to see him dominate a series like Virat in Aus or Dravid multiple times in Eng.For some here he is the best test batsmen in the side but I dont get that assurance from him.

Really enjoyed Rahane counter-attacking Cummins.

Australian fast bowler running in hard and bowling fast bouncers on a bouncy pitch..... and Rahane hooking, pulling and slapping him for 6s and 4s at will.

What I liked most was that, never did Rahane reach out for the ball or play out-of-reach deliveries.  He was always going to the line of the ball and hitting them.  This cuts down risk a lot.

This innings reminded me of a Vivian Richards innings I saw as a boy.  Similar dabang attitude which is rarely seen in test matches against genuine quicks.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Really enjoyed Rahane counter-attacking Cummins.

Australian fast bowler running in hard and bowling fast bouncers on a bouncy pitch..... and Rahane hooking, pulling and slapping him for 6s and 4s at will.

What I liked most was that, never did Rahane reach out for the ball or play out-of-reach deliveries.  He was always going to the line of the ball and hitting them.  This cuts down risk a lot.

This innings reminded me of a Vivian Richards innings I saw as a boy.  Similar dabang attitude which is rarely seen in test matches against genuine quicks.

Rahane did the same thing to Johnson in Australia in that epic partnership with Kohli. Smashed him all round the ground. Great to watch.