Indian media watch thread

Number

secular troll.jpg

Hmm... PM says Jai Shri Ram, and apparently India loses its secular credentials. Hinduism is against secularism. This "brave" journalist declares Rama to be a myth, I wonder if she would agree if the PM were to ridicule the book of peace? 

http://www.opindia.com/2016/10/the-hindu-blames-hindu-groups-only-for-a-conference-stopped-by-various-groups/

So this is how it happened:

1. A rather unknown atheist event came into the knowledge of locals after media coverage
  2. Locals belonging to various religious and political groups opposed the event
  3. The event was cancelled, but a small gathering of atheists still took place

And this is how The Hindu reported it:

White-washing by The Hindu

Why only blame Hindus for an issue that numerous religious groups took part in? Where was the supposed attack?

Edited by Tibarn

Two more incidents involving the neutral media yesterday and one piece of news:

1)

Donald Trump had a rally for Hindu-American Republicans in NJ yesterday. NDTV based neutral journo Sreenivasan Jain interviews Trump, and Trump says he loves Hindus. Jain proceeds to ask about Muslims and Trump responds that he loves Indians in general. I'm not sure why someone would ask about Muslims at a Hindu-American event, seems irrelevant.

2)

Barkha Dutt at a panel on Journalism at Brown University in Rhode Island complains that social media is setting the agenda now.:(( Why does setting the agenda matter to a neutral journalist? I thought the  role of a journalist is to show people what happened, not guide public discourse.

3)

Apparently Arnab now has Y level security after threats to his life by Pak based terror groups.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/arnab-goswami-to-get-security-cover-over-threat-from-pak-based-terror-groups/story-bagPf2jl6fxBa2rHhP3IrO.html

5 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Saggy and Boxer at Georgetown University. 

fair enough sagarika is an incompetent bum, and Rajdeep is a thug...but why do people keep tabs on these two idiots, within mainstream media both have lost credibility and are now nobodies, especially Sagarika who works as third grade columnist for Toilet paper.

these two and many like them are nothing more than attention seekers, who spout controversial (full of contradictions) nonsense so they can remain even in the faintest of limelight. 

2 hours ago, chewy said:

fair enough sagarika is an incompetent bum, and Rajdeep is a thug...but why do people keep tabs on these two idiots, within mainstream media both have lost credibility and are now nobodies, especially Sagarika who works as third grade columnist for Toilet paper.

these two and many like them are nothing more than attention seekers, who spout controversial (full of contradictions) nonsense so they can remain even in the faintest of limelight. 

On my end, some people on my twitter timeline are usually complaining about these people so I just post it on here. 

On the other hand, they are the English language media, so whatever they do is magnified, as they are the conduits through which the rest of the world see Indian news/politics. Otherwise I don't think many people would care.

I mean someone like Barkha who has such little viewership gets invited to a premier university like Brown, or Saggy/Boxer goes to Georgetown. A Hindi/regional language anchor, even though they have more viewership, don't have influence outside of India/the subcontinent, so it's understandable that people are bothered by them. 

MSM trying to somehow find conspiracy angle in SIMI terrorists. Infact TOI conducting a poll if it was fake or not.

They conveniently forget that a constable throat was slit and killed by these terrorists before Police  encounter.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/poll-on-killing-of-eight-simi-suspects/polls/55175895.cms

Serious low.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2017/03/24/meet-the-militant-monk-spreading-islamophobia-in-india/?utm_term=.baa227d0ff60#comments

Just look at the headline this F***ing B**h editor framed for Washington Post .

What the F is " militant monk " ??? The author is based in India, and such articles circulated in the West terribly tarnish India's image.

F*k democracy, @ssholes like this woman need to be arrested for being a part of someone's ( an enemy state )  anti-national propaganda/payroll

10 minutes ago, narenpande1 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2017/03/24/meet-the-militant-monk-spreading-islamophobia-in-india/?utm_term=.baa227d0ff60#comments

Just look at the headline this F***ing B**h editor framed for Washington Post .

What the F is " militant monk " ??? The author is based in India, and such articles circulated in the West terribly tarnish India's image.

F*k democracy, @ssholes like this woman need to be arrested for being a part of someone's ( an enemy state )  anti-national propaganda/payroll

sorry but there is nothing anti-national in criticizing an individual. It is anti-national to demand prosecution for free speech and putting certain people above criticism from the people of the nation.

These hindu chaddis require the same amount of exposing and scorn as the Muslim fundoos. Both are cancer to our nation- one is just a lot more fast acting cancer than the other.

4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

sorry but there is nothing anti-national in criticizing an individual. It is anti-national to demand prosecution for free speech and putting certain people above criticism from the people of the nation.

These hindu chaddis require the same amount of exposing and scorn as the Muslim fundoos. Both are cancer to our nation- one is just a lot more fast acting cancer than the other.

Do you belong to the pseudo secular brigade ?

Glad that all the 300 replies/comments on that article have hammered the idiotic

ill-informed propagandist editor

27 minutes ago, narenpande1 said:

Do you belong to the pseudo secular brigade ?

Glad that all the 300 replies/comments on that article have hammered the idiotic

ill-informed propagandist editor

I am not a psuedo-secular. I am pucca 100% western style secular. The type you don't really have in India. 

Criticize all you want. That is your right and that is fair. but to advocate people should be arrested for saying things, sorry but is unacceptable. 

Edited by Muloghonto