Wont allow Bahubali 2 release in Karnataka  even if army is brought in: Pro Kannada groups

BeautifulGame

I don't think I have anything to add here. All hail South Cinema!!  The most sacred that its blasphemy to criticize it. Bye !

Please no follow ups.

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

Even for Tamil, how many Balachander movies have u seen.

I am asking this because he is one of Tamil's greatest directors and is known for women centric movies.And I am talking from 70's and 80's .

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

Then obviously mistaken.Can you actually point out these cosmetic protests ?

Either I am misunderstanding or you are referring to the likes of Hindi agitation the likes of Karunanidhi and MGR participated as cosmetic protests .

38 minutes ago, maniac said:

Lol you are bringing in names and actually trying to reason with a person who...his last statement says that he "fears " movies from an entirely different culture, language and a state because they happen to be geographically located in the south so apparently all south movies are the same and that's what he "fears"

so don't even bother :cantstop:

sometimes i I wonder if some Indians can locate Indian states on a map even though prople

make fun of Americans to be ignorant 

19 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

If you havent followed Malayalam movies, then you are in no place to judge. Dont assume things because of your ignorance.

Edited by Pollack

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

I don't think I have anything to add here. All hail South Cinema!!  The most sacred that its blasphemy to criticize it. Bye !

Again south cinema...it's 4 different states , 4 different entities 4 different cultures...oops looks like that just bounced off of the bubble you went back to ...ok bye! :giggle:

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Please no follow ups.

Feel free to criticize them all you want but if you are not willing to read any counter arguments (about some of your wrong assumptions), what's the point of discussion ?

6 hours ago, Pollack said:

That wasn't the discusion. If you track back a bit and take some time to understand you would know it wasn't about craze about movie stars. Movie stars using a social cause (cosmetic protest) to build or get into political career was the actual point which vilander conveniently ignored in reply to me by deflecting the main point of discussion saying people are crazy about movie stars in maharshtra. I asked him to give examples of actors using gimmicky social cause or disputes to get into politics in maharashtra.In short the relation between acting and political career.

OK I read that out of context .

To your original question , The problem though the Big stars in Bollywood are all non-marathi , there is no point of having a political aspiration being an outsider in one of Indias biggest state . 

On 24/04/2017 at 3:14 AM, Vilander said:

karnataka , andhra,punjab, even maharastra has seen this. its basically pretty Indian the fascination with film stars

The film stars in the states you mention don't take up social issues and start protesting every 5 mins. This is a TN specific issue where absolute filmi noobs and stars will protest for every issue, as I said they are all aiming for the CM seat.

As for this specific issue: Sathyaraj abused Kannadigas when it suited him and when 40 crores was at stake for a movie, he apologised. Who are the fools here? Stop putting these nautankis on a pedestal - they are actors not politicians or social justice warriors, you guys in TN are not calling them out in it and they are taking advantage of it.   

8 hours ago, North Sea Tiger said:

The film stars in the states you mention don't take up social issues and start protesting every 5 mins. This is a TN specific issue where absolute filmi noobs and stars will protest for every issue, as I said they are all aiming for the CM seat.

As for this specific issue: Sathyaraj abused Kannadigas when it suited him and when 40 crores was at stake for a movie, he apologised. Who are the fools here? Stop putting these nautankis on a pedestal - they are actors not politicians or social justice warriors, you guys in TN are not calling them out in it and they are taking advantage of it.   

Nope they do. Karnataka has many such instances Punjab has political involvement from cine stars Maharashtra less so but Govinda comes to mind so there are instances. TN definitely has a problem mgr can be excused as he was an activist first before actor but Jaya and now fringe folks like vijayakant kushboo etc is a bit laughable, it shows from their voter base which is pathetic they should quit but probably will not as they would get patronage from some also ran party like Congress or BJP at state level.

23 hours ago, Pollack said:

That wasn't the discusion. If you track back a bit and take some time to understand you would know it wasn't about craze about movie stars. Movie stars using a social cause (cosmetic protest) to build or get into political career was the actual point which vilander conveniently ignored in reply to me by deflecting the main point of discussion saying people are crazy about movie stars in maharshtra. I asked him to give examples of actors using gimmicky social cause or disputes to get into politics in maharashtra.In short the relation between acting and political career.

Lol what was Govinda hehe..Stop making excuses boss. You are nothing special.

9 hours ago, North Sea Tiger said:

Just curious do you know what satyaraj said and when? Are you sure no actors in Karnataka are were involved in kaveri protests. ;)

5 hours ago, Vilander said:

Just curious do you know what satyaraj said and when? Are you sure no actors in Karnataka are were involved in kaveri protests. ;)

I know enough Tamil to know exactly what Sathyaraj said in that video but I would have had more respect for him if he stuck to his words and refused to apologise to low level mischief mongers like Vatal Nagaraj. If he cared so much about sleeping with his own wife 9 years ago, why apologise for it now? (Context)

I think about 4-5 Karnataka film stars participated in protests last year during the Kaveri issue. Not the same as the serial circle jerk that happens in TN every time somebody even sneezes. As I said, the stars are just taking advantage of the gullible public.

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

TN definitely has a problem mgr can be excused as he was an activist first before actor but Jaya and now fringe folks like vijayakant kushboo etc

Vijaykanth, Kushboo, TR, Seeman, Ramarajan, Sarathkumar, Napoleon, Karunas....list goes on....     

7 hours ago, North Sea Tiger said:

I know enough Tamil to know exactly what Sathyaraj said in that video but I would have had more respect for him if he stuck to his words and refused to apologise to low level mischief mongers like Vatal Nagaraj. If he cared so much about sleeping with his own wife 9 years ago, why apologise for it now? (Context)

I think about 4-5 Karnataka film stars participated in protests last year during the Kaveri issue. Not the same as the serial circle jerk that happens in TN every time somebody even sneezes. As I said, the stars are just taking advantage of the gullible public.

Vijaykanth, Kushboo, TR, Seeman, Ramarajan, Sarathkumar, Napoleon, Karunas....list goes on....     

wonder who are seeman karunas etc are...but yeah sarthkumar was a journalist, his dad was an employee of PIB of indian government - the guy is a legit credential jurno, who got identified for villain roles when he was involved in bodybuilding circuit in global gym in chennai a famous one at that time.

Any way 4-5 karnataka film stars looks a bit more..infact i have never seen more mass hysteria against a supreme court order and a judicial tribunal order on an international legality like riparian state law ruling, ever. Its bordering on comical jingoism and shameless populism, at the cost of national wealth where a higher riparian state with lack of aluvial soil and food crop producing land secures water at the cost of a food grain belt in a lower riparian state despite judicial rulings to the contrary.

cauvery6story_647_090916031851.jpg

54283721.jpg

10456Large-cauvery-water-issue-supreme-c

hqdefault.jpg

film-actors-mos_090916072952.jpg

1473329880_south-indian-actor-darshan-pr

Screen+Shot+2017-04-21+at+3.20.13+pm.png