Successful Last over chases !!!

velu

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Vettori is an idiot is all I can say

Ran out of options, basically. He had to choose between Raju Bhatkal, Kohli and Vinay Kumar. He gave Vinay the 20th over. Could have given it to Gayle as well, but Kohli had bowled a half-decent over before that. 

1 minute ago, Magneto said:

Ran out of options, basically. He had to choose between Raju Bhatkal, Kohli and Vinay Kumar. He gave Vinay the 20th over. Could have given it to Gayle as well, but Kohli had bowled a half-decent over before that. 

If you have to rely on Kohli and Vinay Kumar to bowl 19th and 20th overs in a chase it means a) Captaincy was poor to leave those two bowlers to bowl out at the death, b) Team selection was poor as not enough decent bowlers/bowling options selected, or c) Both a and b.

I go with 'C'. I mean what exactly was Vettori expecting? That Kohli and Vinay Kumar would contain somebody like Morkel? :dontknow: That has been the problem with RCB forever, i.e. they only focus on batting and never pay any attention to building a well rounded team.

2 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

If you have to rely on Kohli and Vinay Kumar to bowl 19th and 20th overs in a chase it means a) Captaincy was poor to leave those two bowlers to bowl out at the death, b) Team selection was poor as not enough decent bowlers/bowling options selected, or c) Both a and b.

I go with 'C'. I mean what exactly was Vettori expecting? That Kohli and Vinay Kumar would contain somebody like Morkel? :dontknow: That has been the problem with RCB forever, i.e. they only focus on batting and never pay any attention to building a well rounded team.

He was defending 205 and bowled out all the top bowlers when Faf and Dhoni were going great guns. But it happens quite often in T20s, that suddenly someone fresh has to bowl the 19th or the 20th over. Like Negi (again RCB) had to bowl the 20th over in this IPL against DD without having bowled any over in the match. But he won them the match. I have anyway never understood why Kohli was considered any kind of bowler when he first came. He has even bowled so many insipid overs in international cricket. 

my best ever is albie morkel's assault on :rcb:

2 overs and 40 odd required and he dismantled kohli :sad:

Oh I had the pleasure of watching it live .What epic thrashing that was :hysterical:

Kohli face reaction on big screen after that humungous six by Morkel was the best part of entire assault :giggle:

4a682dab943328a9016d367b1e51aec7.jpg

Making Kohli bowl that over was terrible. After seeing that, I am sure no Indian captain would have ever given Kohli the final over in any match, let alone in a T20 World Cup semi-final. :giggle: 

It really wasn't .Vettori had no choice.

Zak had to be used to control the assault Dhoni and Faf as Magneto mentioned.

And Kohli had a decent first over .It was only terrible in hindsight tbh.

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Making Kohli bowl that over was terrible. After seeing that, I am sure no Indian captain would have ever given Kohli the final over in any match, let alone in a T20 World Cup semi-final. :giggle: 

i think one of their bowler got injured