Honest and unbiased replies only!!! based on this IPL is Dhoni the best Wk-bat available in the country?

maniac

13 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

ODI batting- Dhoni much ahead

T20 batting- Gilly well ahead

Test batting- Gilly ahead by miles

Wicket keeping- Gilly quite ahead.

when comes to keeping for spinners , dhoni is ahead of anyone else 

1 minute ago, velu said:

when comes to keeping for spinners , dhoni is ahead of anyone else 

Sorry, here i oppose again. His unconventional tricks against spinner like stumping, extending the legs to stop balls with thighs were exceptional, but conventional keeping against turning balls in test matches, particularly on Indian pitches, was poor. Used to give too many byes. Remember the 2012 test series against England. Gave so many byes, particularly against Ojha.

38 minutes ago, Texan said:

Our T20 team is quite frankly, pretty atrocious. No power hitters, just singles and twos players and middling totals. Very lucky that we even got to the KO stage in last World T20. Needs a complete overhaul.

We got there mostly due to Kohli's batting and bang Bros brain fade.Finally ran out of luck in the semis.

10 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Best glove work seen in IPL 2017 has been in today's game.

He has been terrific today. Best in this IPl so far.

Great glove work.

Did you see where he was standing wrt stumps for Raina runout?

Best glove work seen in IPL 2017 has been in today's game.

He has been terrific today. Best in this IPl so far.

Great glove work.

Lol u fell for hype .What do u mean by glove work.Both were straight forward run outs.Credit should be given to Rahane.

Just now, CG said:

Lol u fell for hype .What do u mean by glove work.Both were straight forward run outs.Credit should be given to Rahane.

I am talking about glove work behind the stumps and agility, and regarding giving credit to Rahane, you should read my post in Match thread where I have already said that Indian crowd doesn't understand the game where they forgot Rahane and were chanting "Dhoni" for the run out.

2 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Did you see where he was standing wrt stumps for Raina runout?

That was more credit to Rahane.

Dhoni overall was just a good keeper today because the way he dived and his ability to react to the slow balls.

Slow balls are hard to keep because of double bounce behind the stumps, and hence I mention his keeping today since Pune bowlers bowled lot of slow ones and Dhoni's footwork was good there.

I am talking about glove work behind the stumps and agility, and regarding giving credit to Rahane, you should read my post in Match thread where I have already said that Indian crowd doesn't understand the game where they forgot Rahane and were chanting "Dhoni" for the run out.

This is a an easy paced track with hardly any spin.Not the best pitch to judge glovework when keeper hardly gets a dot ball.Mumbai vs Rcb was on difficult track with badree bowling and even Saha,pant have been exceptional.

Just now, Cricketics said:

That was more credit to Rahane.

Dhoni overall was just a good keeper today because the way he dived and his ability to react to the slow balls.

Slow balls are hard to keep because of double bounce behind the stumps, and hence I mention his keeping today since Pune bowlers bowled lot of slow ones and Dhoni's footwork was good there.

Arey...of course credit goes to Rahane

You were earlier pointing out Dhoni stands in front of stumps most of the time and it is wrong etc. I told you then he doesn't do that in situations like these.

Just now, CG said:

This is a an easy paced track with hardly any spin.Not the best pitch to judge glovework when keeper hardly gets a dot ball.Mumbai vs Rcb was on difficult track with badree bowling and even Saha,pant have been exceptional.

Read the post above, I am talking about slow ones he kept to, and his foot work. 

I play cricket everyweek and see keepers so I am looking from that perspective. Keepers at international level struggle regularly to use proper footwork on the slow deliveries.

Dhoni was pretty good in that. Slow balls are hard to keep compred to 140-150 kmph straight up deliveries.

Just now, Sidhoni said:

Arey...of course credit goes to Rahane

You were earlier pointing out Dhoni stands in front of stumps most of the time and it is wrong etc. I told you then he doesn't do that in situations like these.

Never said "all the time", I said he does it often and at times when it is not required. It should be only used as surprise, just when it is easy single, but he often does for close singles also. Thats all said. Never said "everytime".

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Never said "all the time", I said he does it often and at times when it is not required. It should be only used as surprise, just when it is easy single, but he often does for close singles also. Thats all said. Never said "everytime".

Even I didn't say "everytime". It was "most of the time".

Read the post above, I am talking about slow ones he kept to, and his foot work. 

I play cricket everyweek and see keepers so I am looking from that perspective. Keepers at international level struggle regularly to use proper footwork on the slow deliveries.

Dhoni was pretty good in that. Slow balls are hard to keep compred to 140-150 kmph straight up deliveries.

Hardly many ball got to Dhoni for 10 overs Only unadkat bowled slower balls and I too play cricket and imo slower ball when there is some help is difficult to keep rather than on this pitch.Its a big call saying best keeping in Ipl.

Just now, CG said:

Hardly many ball got to Dhoni for 10 overs Only unadkat bowled slower balls and I too play cricket and imo slower ball when there is some help is difficult to keep rather than on this pitch.Its a big call saying best keeping in Ipl.

Who is better, then let me know.

Who is better, then let me know.

As I said Saha has been faultless and pant has been keeping well.I did not watch the Mumbai vs Rcb match on a track which helped spin.Its hard not watching all games to come to proper conclusion.But Saha has been best imo.