After this performance, Pune deserves to play IPl next year

Cricketics

Frankly only one team per state should be the norm.

When we have no teams for Gujarat (next year) , UP or Bihar ,absurb about saying Maharashtra having two teams.

Obviously won't happen, so if Pune wants to be retained should scrap Mumbai .

Pune are the real Marathi team anyway :giggle:

23 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

EPL style? EPL has top four places of Champions league 5-6 for EL and bottom 3 for relegation.

Here if just play a EPL style league system without playoffs , 90% games will be meaningless even before the half way stage as most teams won't have the chance of topping by then.

Just play dead rubbers to half the season ? Seriously ? Lol

I am saying things can be tried and how can they be dead rubbers if we have draft system for teams to benefit.

Make the IPL kind of like NFL draft so whoever finishes last, gets to pick first bid the following year. Plus increase the prize money so the teams are playing for something for every game.

Dead rubbers are still happening anyways with current set up, doubt people are worried about that. Anyways, trying EPL style is just a suggestion to put extra 2 teams.

i rather have regular format with 10 teams and play 9 games each or something. 

I am saying things can be tried and how can they be dead rubbers if we have draft system for teams to benefit.

Make the IPL kind of like NFL draft so whoever finishes last, gets to pick first bid the following year. Plus increase the prize money so the teams are playing for something for every game.

Dead rubbers are still happening anyways with current set up, doubt people are worried about that. Anyways, trying EPL style is just a suggestion to put extra 2 teams.

i rather have regular format with 10 teams and play 9 games each or something. 

If we are playing 10 teams the format should be simple.

1 and 2 directly qualifies into semi finals .3 ,4,5 and 6 play QFs and progress to the semis.

The format isnt an issue for 10 team format for me.The window is .

If we plan for 10 team IPL we should start from mid March .75 days will be perfect for a 95 game IPL season.

As an added bonus can wreck the PSL scheduling as well :cantstop:

Just that paractically 90+ game season in a 45 day window is impractical.

Either increase the window or stick to 8 team window.

I obviously want 10 team IPL and increased window .

3 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

I obviously want 10 team IPL and increased window .

Glad you said that because it looked like you never wanted this. 

Even if Indian team is playing home games, IPL can still be then started early with few games scheduled on the weekends only without the Indian players. Then when the Indian matches get over, Indian players can join the IPl and IPL then can get on its regular schedule of game every 7 days.

If Kohli or Rohit or Ashwin don't join IPl right from the start since they are playing for India, it won't hurt IPL.

Keep the games of IPl only on the weekends for 2 weeks and  start early. After few weeks get on the regular schedule when Indin national players join. 

2 hours ago, Texan said:

Yes, IPL could potentially be expanded to 10 teams. Have 2 games everyday, not just on weekends. That would still make it fit within the schedule. They could also have 3 games on Sat & Sundays if they want to keep the single game over weekdays. Some of their contracts with players and teams might have to be revised. 

Who is going watch 4PM matches on weekdays? Players will be exhausted with travel and summer.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

We can also reduce the number of games then. Things can be done. May be change the format around. Don't have every team play 14 games every time. 

Also we can even EPL league system too where we get rid of playoffs, and play with whoever tops the league stage is considered as the winner going forward. 

You don't just take out excitement of "Semis" and "Final" out of Indian crowd. League system won't work here.

18 minutes ago, StriKe said:

You don't just take out excitement of "Semis" and "Final" out of Indian crowd. League system won't work here.

Kind of agree. For 10 teams IPl can start early like I said without Indian national players. They can join after first few weeks.  

Bjg Bash is popular too without big Aussie players playing and starts around same time.

So if Indian national players don't join for first few weeks, it can't hurt IPl. This is a way to extend IPL and have 10 teams.

10 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Frankly only one team per state should be the norm.

When we have no teams for Gujarat (next year) , UP or Bihar ,absurb about saying Maharashtra having two teams.

Obviously won't happen, so if Pune wants to be retained should scrap Mumbai .

Pune are the real Marathi team anyway :giggle:

:hahaha: Chuski's and their dreams. :rotfl:

Cannot blame them though Chuskies are MI's bitches.