Guha resigns from COA

3 minutes ago, beetle said:

Guha may have many points right but he has no business throwing a fit over the coach selection issue.

The coach's tenure was getting over.

Bcci has a set procedure laid out for coach selection and they are doing it ( for whatever reason) 

Isn't that the COA is supposed to look into...proper functioning.

Giving him extention without due process would be going against the set procedure.

Beetle.. but timing of the whole thing is making me suspicious. If his contract was up, then why can't you do that during IPL.. What's the point in doing it just before Championship Trophy.. Have you seen that happening before.

My take is .. Something went wrong between Kumble and Kohli/BCCI.. and they are removing Kumble and hiding behind the 'Process'..

3 minutes ago, veer said:

Beetle.. but timing of the whole thing is making me suspicious. If his contract was up, then why can't you do that during IPL.. What's the point in doing it just before Championship Trophy.. Have you seen that happening before.

My take is .. Something went wrong between Kumble and Kohli/BCCI.. and they are removing Kumble and hiding behind the 'Process'..

Because his contract is only up at the end of June .

8 minutes ago, beetle said:

Giving him extention without due process would be going against the set procedure.

On second thought.. is that going against procedure? If Coach has been successful on large part, arent there examples in the past of giving him extensions without getting new applications?

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

Because his contract is only up at the end of June .

Lol.. seriously? and that's why they wanted new applications week before CT? i guess IPL is more important than CT..

Awesome!!

7 minutes ago, veer said:

On second thought.. is that going against procedure? If Coach has been successful on large part, arent there examples in the past of giving him extensions without getting new applications?

With COA sitting on their head following the workings of bcci , is it not better to follow the procedure than add to their list of things done wrong.

Although I feel it has more to do with Kumble' s closeness to COA and his going against bcci's stand ( at that time) of using CT boycott against icc. He came out in support of playing and put a pin in their boycott baloon.

17 minutes ago, veer said:

Of course things went wrong when Kumble started interacting more with COA rather than bcci . 

Kohli helped them along by letting them know that all is not well .

The timing is wrong ...no doubt .

They should have done this after CT.

They could have kept Bangar as the interim chief coach for West Indies tour. Bangar has been there for sometime and have not heard anything bad about him . 

They could have sent a team manager to help.

17 minutes ago, veer said:

Lol.. seriously? and that's why they wanted new applications week before CT? i guess IPL is more important than CT..

Awesome!!

16 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Both are important

:bandit:

IPL is most important .

6 minutes ago, beetle said:

Of course things went wrong when Kumble started interacting more with COA rather than bcci . 

Kohli helped them along by letting them know that all is not well .

The timing is wrong ...no doubt .

They should have done this after CT.

They could have kept Bangar as the interim chief coach for West Indies tour. Bangar has been there for sometime and have not heard anything bad about him . 

They could have sent a team manager to help.

Beetle.. so you and Guha are on the same page.. i dont know where you disagree with him

Here is his statement.. you both are on the same page.. :giggle:

4. The way in which the contract of Anil Kumble, the current Head Coach of the senior team, has been handled. The Indian team's record this past season has been excellent; and even if the players garner the bulk of the credit, surely the Head Coach and his support staff also get some. In a system based on justice and merit, the Head Coach's term would have been extended. Instead, Kumble was left hanging, and then told the post would be re-advertised afresh.

Clearly, the issue has been handled in an extremely insensitive and unprofessional manner by the BCCI CEO and the BCCI office-bearers, with the CoA, by its silence and inaction, unfortunately being complicit in this regard. (Recall that the Court Order of 30 January had expressly mandated us to supervise the management of BCCI.) In case due process had to be followed since Kumble's original appointment was only for one year, why was this not done during April and May, when the IPL was on? If indeed the captain and the Head Coach were not getting along, why was not this attended to as soon as the Australia series was over in late March? Why was it left until the last minutes, when a major international tournament was imminent, and when the uncertainty would undermine the morale and ability to focus of the coach, the captain and the team? And surely giving senior players the impression that they may have a veto power over the coach is another example of superstar culture gone berserk? Such a veto power is not permitted to any other top level professional team in any other sport in any other country. Already, in a dismaying departure from international norms, current Indian players enjoy a veto power on who can be the members of the commentary team. If it is to be coaches next, then perhaps the selectors and even office-bearers will follow?

1 hour ago, veer said:

Timing of Guha's martyrdom is also suspicious. Guha is basically accusing players, commentators, coaches, state heads and everyone while Indian team is playing one of the important ICC tournaments. So instead of waiting for the right moments or using the right channels (working behind the scene), he writes a resignation letter and uses media to circulate it. Wow, what an idea.:facepalm:

Its just a war COA vs BCCI that is happening out in public now thanks to Supreme Court. Players and coaches and all other administrators are being used or played to the galleries. Need maturity to handle such political forces who always enjoy divide and rule. I hope players(Past and present) do not fall into the trap, that is all that is required. 

Edited by Shunya
10 minutes ago, veer said:

Beetle.. so you and Guha are on the same page.. i dont know where you disagree with him

Here is his statement.. you both are on the same page.. :giggle:

Not really on the same page.:wp14:

This thing has brewed over recently  . I think the coa , kumble,  bcci ....every one is to be blamed.

Kohli probably gave them the right excuse recently...hence the timing.

Other than the timing .....I feel Kumble had to go.

If players are not comfortable or feeling intimidated by his working style, then he has to go.

If he takes unnecessary  panga with bcci siding with an increasing overbearing CoA...then they will make him go.

36 minutes ago, beetle said:

Not really on the same page.:wp14:

This thing has brewed over recently  . I think the coa , kumble,  bcci ....every one is to be blamed.

Kohli probably gave them the right excuse recently...hence the timing.

Other than the timing .....I feel Kumble had to go.

If players are not comfortable or feeling intimidated by his working style, then he has to go.

If he takes unnecessary  panga with bcci siding with an increasing overbearing CoA...then they will make him go.

Can't believe so much resentment towards Kumble who has served Indian cricket for so long.

BCCI is not 'dudh ka dhula' hua.. they were highly corrupt before supreme court intervened. And as far as Kohli is concerned, he has a big ego .. and it'll become problem in coming years. Until now he was under control because of Dhoni.. but, the way things are going, i am afraid he'll become a problem

57 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Timing of Guha's martyrdom is also suspicious. Guha is basically accusing players, commentators, coaches, state heads and everyone while Indian team is playing one of the important ICC tournaments. So instead of waiting for his the right moments or using the right channels (working behind the scene), he writes a resignation letter and use media to circulate it. Wow, what an idea.:facepalm:

Its just a war COA vs BCCI that is happening out in public now thanks to Supreme Court. Players and coaches and all other administrators are being used or played to the galleries. Need maturity to handle such political forces who always enjoy divide and rule. I hope players(Past and present) do not fall into the trap, that is all that is required. 

Actually to publish the letter in media was right thing to do. BCCI has become a giant money making machine.. A lot of money from Indian people goes out to Indian players, boards, commentators, foreign countries and foreign players. There was little transparency before.. at least, this shows what is happening in BCCI, COA..

Guha's resignation doesnt affect players too much but requesting new applications for coaching job does..

2 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Firstly if selectors pick a player because Gavaskar bugged him up during commentary ,then it's them who need sacking .

And where do we stop? Most former cricketers are friendly with current cricketers and will big them up .Should they all be bared becoz of bias.

Gavaskar has a lot of say in BCCI isnt becoz of his commentating though.Its because of his involvement with BCCI for a long time and being a legendary cricketer .

Now if there is suggestion or proof that Gavaskar is using his clout to force his company contracted players into Indian team then fair enough,ban him from commentary and also should ban him from any dealings with Indian cricket.Oam all for it if so.

What is wrong is saying being commentator creates conflict of interest or that being commentor simply influences selection .

:marchmellow:yeah well said and what is wrong is Srini mama running bcci and CSK...che che che...:protest:

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Article.aspx?eid=31804&articlexml=Lodha-wants-CoA-to-focus-on-governance-28052017021050

Lodha wants CoA to focus on governance
Indranil Basu

New Delhi:

Justice RM Lod ha indicated on Saturday that the CoA should focus more on ensur ing the imple mentation of the Supreme Court's judgment rather than focussing too much on the management bit. “The management and governance should not be mixed up. These are two different areas. And if you mix it up, you won't be traversing the right path,“ the former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court told TOI. Lodha said that the management should be taken care of by the CEO Rahul Johri and other professionals in the board while the CoA should focus on the governance. “Professionals should handle the management of BCCI while governance aspect should be left to the CoA,“ he said while indicating that there isn't a reason why the CoA should delay the implementation.

The implementation of Lodha panel's recommendations have been delayed because the state cricket associations have reservations over certain issues and the CoA has assured them that it will put up these grievances in the Supreme Court during the next hearing.

Reacting to this, Justice Lodha said there was no going back on the reforms. “I don't know much about what is happening behind the scene, but the Supreme Court directed reforms can't be altered as per my understanding. There is no question of negotiating and those reforms have to be implemented,“ he said.

28_05_2017_021_050_007.jpg

23 minutes ago, veer said:

Actually to publish the letter in media was right thing to do. BCCI has become a giant money making machine.. A lot of money from Indian people goes out to Indian players, boards, commentators, foreign countries and foreign players. There was little transparency before.. at least, this shows what is happening in BCCI, COA..

Guha's resignation doesnt affect players too much but requesting new applications for coaching job does..

Again, you don't find the timing of resignation suspicious? He is accusing captain of our National team of using his veto power to remove the head coach and calling senior players enjoying "Superstar Culture". Please explain how all this is helpful to the captain and the playing XI while they are playing? Isn't this sabotaging the morale of the team? Oh wait, he is the crusader of change we all have been waiting for, so he can accuse others of sabotaging the morale, but it doesn't apply to his own actions. Right.

Nobody has an issue with transparency yaar, but this is mudslinging and propaganda in my views. The issues raised by him, even though some being valid, are not new or discovered by him. There are many people at stake in a complex and big organisation such as BCCI. He just did a kejriwal and blamed everyone else after resigning. Too convenient for my liking.

Anyhow I am sure, you and me and most of the fans have the same expectations from Indian cricket. So no point in debating over who is correct in COA or BCCI. Lets hope we win the trophy, administrative issues are a long term fight which will go on for some time. 

18 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Anyhow I am sure, you and me and most of the fans have the same expectations from Indian cricket. So no point in debating over who is correct in COA or BCCI. Lets hope we win the trophy, administrative issues are a long term fight which will go on for some time. 

There you go..

Yeah.. hope the sanity prevails and they start making right decisions for cricket and country.

Jai Maharashtra!!

On 6/2/2017 at 1:41 PM, Ironhide said:

Guha the idiotic snake has also attacked Rahul Dravid for coaching Indian Under 19 and India A team but only coaching for ten months. He does not want Dravid coaching the IPL and hates IPL to the core.

Dravid gives up IPL coaching and will work with Ind A and U-19 teams for full 12 months of the year