Anil Kumble steps down as coach

3 hours ago, Brainfade said:

He comes across as a strong, stubborn, tough, uncompromising, but quiet guy.  His biggest problem may be that he can't see why others can't have his unrelenting work ethic.  "Hey, if I could play with a broken jaw, you can practice with a bruised thigh.  So, don't give me any excuses."  And that can be intimidating for a carefree, talented 25 year old.

Sorry for getting personal here, but his demeanor reminds me of my late dad.  He was very kind and generous, but boy was he tough and stubborn with uncompromising principles.  And basically everyone who worked for him was intimidated by that.  

That's what you need to excel. If you want mediocrity you can surround yourself with lazy fatsos like sehwag.

5 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Kumble has never been coach of RCB or Mumbai and definitely never been sacked by them either .

Cheif Mentor / Coach... is almost same thing..

He wasn't the nicest guy as everyone is clamining.. He did mint big money through TENVIC...The guy openly broke conflict of interest  by being president of Karnatka association, RCB and MI mentor, and also managing player through his company Tenvic... It was so damn obvious that even Indians in India, who I feel aren't clear with the term 'Conflict of Interest', knew that Kumble was doing SUPER SHADY work..

Regardless, I am not against Kumble.. I am just saying, lets not put blame on Kohli.. Poor guy just lost one final and now he is the murderer, while your Kumble is a classy gentleman.. This letter and Tenvic shows clearly he isn't actually the gentleman he potrays..

He wasn't the nicest guy as everyone is clamining.. He did mint big money through TENVIC...The guy openly broke conflict of interest  by being president of Karnatka association, RCB and MI mentor, and also managing player through his company Tenvic... It was so damn obvious that even Indians in India, who I feel aren't clear with the term 'Conflict of Interest', knew that Kumble was doing SUPER SHADY work..

Regardless, I am not against Kumble.. I am just saying, lets not put blame on Kohli.. Poor guy just lost one final and now he is the murderer, while your Kumble is a classy gentleman.. This letter and Tenvic shows clearly he isn't actually the gentleman he potrays..

Not sure how much IPL have u actually followed by Mentor and coach aren't remotely similar .

Just now, rahulrulezz said:

Dude yes Kumble can be blamed for Tenvic but what he does on a personal level is not our problem.thats his business 

every player that has played with him from Sachin to Saurav to Azhar to Dravid  to Dhoni have called him a gentleman and a honorable man.

Greg Chappell said if the youngsters had half the work ethic and professionalism as him Indian cricket would be at a different level and this is the guy who didn't like anyone.

Yes I was a critic of Tenvic for failing as a talent agency but that's at a personal level but no way in hell I can question Kumbles work ethic and professionalism watching his career for 20

years.

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

May be Kumble was the reason behind playing Ashwin? And that Kohli did not want that? Who knows. 

That's debatable but it's obvious Kohli is Yuvi's biggest backer and wanted Dhawan over Vijay in tests and this is obvious

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

Dude yes Kumble can be blamed for Tenvic but what he does on a personal level is not our problem.thats his business 

every player that has played with him from Sachin to Saurav to Azhar to Dravid  to Dhoni have called him a gentleman and a honorable man.

Greg Chappell said if the youngsters had half the work ethic and professionalism as him Indian cricket would be at a different level and this is the guy who didn't like anyone.

Yes I was a critic of Tenvic for failing as a talent agency but that's at a personal level but no way in hell I can question Kumbles work ethic and professionalism watching his career for 20

years.

"not our problem"?????

Can't you see damn obvious..What he was doing was worse than robbery.. he was cheating our cricketing system...

Dude, players like VKumar, SAravind not only played for the franchises he "chief mentored" while he was the director of Tenvic, those players also played for team India.. lets not forget.. these players including other players like CM Goutam who were part of Tenvic got to play for Karnatka...

Go and read interviews from domestic cricketers.. How these talent management companies owned by BCCI babus or senior players charge crores from poor domestic cricketers incase they want to play for their state..

This IMO is the biggest crime for Indian cricket...

Edited by rahulrulezz
7 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

"not our problem"?????

Can't you see damn obvious..What he was worst than robbery.. he was cheating our cricketing system...

Dude, players like VKumar, SAravind not only played for the franchises he "chief mentored" while he was the director of Tenvic, those players also played for team India.. lets not forget.. these players including other players like CM Goutam who were part of Tenvic got to play for Karnatka...

Go and read interviews from domestic cricketers.. How these talent management companies owned by BCCI babus charge crores from poor domestic cricketers incase they want to play for their state..

This IMO is the biggest crime for Indian cricket...

I was the first to open a thread here that there will be a influx of Tenvic cricketers in the side and was scared that would happen.

it hasn't t happened and neither were there any rumors that Kumble wanted a Tenvic player and kohli fought against it

That has been ruled out.

In fact the selections have been more in accordance with Kohli's demands than Kumble's.

Edited by maniac
8 minutes ago, maniac said:

In fact the selections have been more in accordance with Kohli's demands than Kumble's.

Name those selections and give us proof also that Kumble opposed those selections and he was right to oppose those and that Kohli was right? In short let us know which selections Kohki wanted which were supposed Kohli's demands. And also the proof.

Also most of the people wanted Yuvi in CT squad after his form in England series. So those who want to say Kohli picked Yuvi on punjabi Yarana, then also remember that he was doing fine in that series against England and that he impressed everyone and no one wanted him out of the squd then. 

I wanted to actually play Manish ahead of him even though I was fine with Yuvi's selection as a backup in the squad incase Manish failed.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

I was the first to open a thread here that there will be a influx of Tenvic cricketers in the side and was scared that would happen.

it has t happened and neither were there any rumors that Kumble wanted a Tenvic player and Kumble fought against it

That has been ruled out.

I don't think you understood what I meant...

I am talking about man's history... He isn't the nicest ethical gentelman he himself portrays ... There are some very obvious grey shady signs with him.. The less we talk about him never talking about matchfixing of Azhar, Jadeja, Manjrekas the better.. He was part of the team of 90s but he never came out with the truth...

I don't want to talk more about his character as it is not the best time.. The man is down and its not fair on his side... but please, nothing against Kohli please.. He is also down and out.. Lets not keep talkign cr@@p about him...  I personally can't stand this hate for Kohli.. Kohli is 100 times more player than Kumble, and has given us more in 6 years than Kumble has given in his entire career...

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Name those selections and give us proof also that Kumble opposed those selections and he was right to oppose those a d that Kohli was right?

Also most of the people wanted Yuvi in CT squad after his form in England series. So those who want to say Kohli picked Yuvi on punjabi Yarana, then also remember that he was doing fine in that series against England and that he impressed everyone and no one wanted him out of the squd then. 

I wanted to actually play Manish ahad of him even though I was fine with Yuvi's selection as a backup in the squad incase Manish failed.

What most people? Lol you and some like minded friends wanted Yuvi in CT squad or what?

most said likes Yuvi and Karthik being in our side was a huge backward step and even when there were threads like Yuvi owns hater etc the popular opinion was he will fail more than the odd rare special innings

Yuvi should have been done after 2014 Wt20 and we should have already have had a youngster established in that slot.

Yes Manish deserved his shot and so did Kedar but not Yuvi Rahane or Karthik.

Yuvi has a special friendship with Kohli and that's no hidden secret 

Just now, maniac said:

What most people? Lol you and some like minded friends wanted Yuvi in CT squad or what?

most said likes Yuvi and Karthik being in our side was a huge backward step and even when there were threads like Yuvi owns hater etc the popular opinion was he will fail more than the odd rare special innings

Yuvi should have been done after 2014 Wt20 and we should have already have had a youngster established in that slot.

Yes Manish deserved his shot and so did Kedar but not Yuvi Rahane or Karthik.

Yuvi has a special friendship with Kohli and that's no hidden secret 

Nope you are fogettin, check the threads right after that Dhoni-Yuvi p'ship. Many wanted Yuvi in the squad.

many, yes. 

Rahane was the worst pick. Worse

than Yuvi.