Virat Kohli opens up about Anil Kumble's resignation

48 minutes ago, Khichdi said:

I was actually anticipating this eventually. This was going to happen courtesy the media contacts of these current day players and their agents. This is not going away so quickly. Bit by bit slowly wait and see Kumble's name dragged into the mud. All to protect the image of the current day entitled cricketing Demi Gods

This is definitely Kohli and bcci media machinery at work . Making a villain out of a thorough gentleman by twisting tales. Feel more confident about Kimble's story. As for kuldeep's selection it is common sense to try him out as jadeja has been a continuous failure. Does not in any manner show that Kohli was backing him . We will be next Pakistan cricket team with this type of culture. Bye bye 2019 world cup .

4 minutes ago, prasen82 said:

This is definitely Kohli and bcci media machinery at work . Making a villain out of a thorough gentleman by twisting tales. Feel more confident about Kimble's story. As for kuldeep's selection it is common sense to try him out as jadeja has been a continuous failure. Does not in any manner show that Kohli was backing him . We will be next Pakistan cricket team with this type of culture. Bye bye 2019 world cup .

Agreed. I am sure Kumble could have handled certain things better that we outsiders might not know off. For example like waiting for some time before he started talking to the players after a loss. The stars these days have to be handled more carefully like nursing their egos etc.

But he is in a terrible spot now. There is lots of money on the table for a lot of parties- contracts, endorsements. There is no way the media contacts are going to rest unless an image correction of some of these stars is done. And for that if the coach's name has to be dragged into the gutter, that's collateral damage and is being done already.

On 6/22/2017 at 8:56 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

“Obviously Anil (Bhai) has expressed his views and he’s taken the decision to step out and we will respect that decision. It’s something that has happened right after the tournament. One thing for sure is that I’ve had 11 press conferences that have happened during the Champions Trophy. We have created a culture over the last 3-4 years that whatever happens in the change room, we’ve tried to maintain the sanctity of the change room throughout,” 
“That is what the whole team believes in. For us that is paramount. I’ve always respected that and we have continued to maintain that as well. As I said, it’s his opinion which I respect. I have total respect for him as a cricketer and what he’s achieved as a nation. All the years that he’s played. That’s no taking away that aspect of him at all. And we all respect him totally,” 
 “Like I said for me what’s most important is to maintain the sanctity of the dressing-room and what happens in the change-room is something that’s very sacred and private to all of us. And something that I would not express in details in a public scenario. As I said, his point of view is out there and we respect that decision,”

Maintaining dressing room bhaichara was more important and kudos for Kohli for standing upto that bhaichara.

3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Maintaining dressing room bhaichara was more important and kudos for Kohli for standing upto that bhaichara.

We lost under kumble to , i still standby the point that if a coach cnt keep players happy find someone new.......at the end those players have to play on ground

U think under kumble raina wudnt have made a comeback, or under him gauti, yuvi didnt came back 

Problem hvnt changed in the team...........problem is the mindset.....

23 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

We lost under kumble to , i still standby the point that if a coach cnt keep players happy find someone new.......at the end those players have to play on ground

U think under kumble raina wudnt have made a comeback, or under him gauti, yuvi didnt came back 

Problem hvnt changed in the team...........problem is the mindset.....

Probably those were the reasons, they did not agree. Either Kohli wanted them or Kumble did not agree or vice versa.

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

probably it was the coaching methods , they both loved oldies equally. 

How did you come to that conclusion in just one year, under Kumble? At least with Kohli you know that he puts a rubber stamp on anyone Dhoni wants, how did you figure out Kumble's modus operandi?

25 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

How did you come to that conclusion in just one year, under Kumble? At least with Kohli you know that he puts a rubber stamp on anyone Dhoni wants, how did you figure out Kumble's modus operandi?

thats what the news were coming out 

Its was kumble who wanted gauti n yuvi back, check the new were he asked yuvi  appear for fitness test before selection

M pretty sure dhoni never wanted yuvi, bhajji, gauti back and they all came back under kohli

Even jadeja,raina was dropped under dhoni in his last yr...........they came back under kohli