Hindi is Our National Language, Important to Learn it: Venkaiah Naidu

Rohit S. Ambani

6 hours ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Thank you for pointing out my name. Don't think you have taken this discussion seriously. You want Hindi to spread across that's why comments like everyone in Orissa knows Hindi. Heck even APJ the head of defense forces and this country did not know Hindi. Share your experiences.  You have not come across 3 people who do not know Hindi ?

I said ~100% of all non-Tamils understand basic Hindi. Esp. the youngsters. And ~95% Indians including Tamils. Have been consistent throughout. Have been saying this thru personal experience obviously. 

40-50% or whatever number in the census is not useful at all. People quoting that number aren't serious. They wanna just keep believing what they believe and be blind to the ground reality.

7 hours ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

The ranks also some of you must have come across in Hindi.leuitenant ,  Major, colonel, brigadier, generals ?-

That is because Indian Army was once under British rule 

Azad Hind Fauj ka naam toh suna hoga. Its leader was "Netaji"

2 hours ago, randomGuy said:

I said ~100% of all non-Tamils understand basic Hindi. Esp. the youngsters. And ~95% Indians including Tamils. Have been consistent throughout. Have been saying this thru personal experience obviously. 

40-50% or whatever number in the census is not useful at all. People quoting that number aren't serious. They wanna just keep believing what they believe and be blind to the ground reality.

I have met folks from Andhra ( south) and Karnataka who do not understand Hindi. Just saying may be minority but yeah.

On 7/5/2017 at 2:42 PM, someone said:

So why English should be priority? Because it helps to connect with the majority of world. That's the same logic for Hindi. Hindi is essential to connect with majority of India. And every state has a local language but it's only southern India which is making noises. Like Gujarat is fine with Hindi so south India states should not politicize Hindi.

why not English instead of Hindi ? Hindi is just like several other official indian languages. English is neutral so a good candidate.

4 hours ago, randomGuy said:

100 pc of non Tamils? You have not come across people in Kerala, andhra, karnataka, bengal, Orissa, Assam, Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana, Punjab, Maharashtra, Gujarat who don't know basic Hindi. I have serious doubts on you being Indian. 

Edited by Haarkarjeetgaye

6 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

100 pc of non Tamils? You have not come across people in Kerala, andhra, karnataka, bengal, Orissa, Assam, Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana, Punjab, Maharashtra, Gujarat who don't know basic Hindi. I have serious doubts on you being Indian. 

For the purpose of more clarity ~100 means almost all, could be 99 too... Certainly higher than 95 and obviously higher than census numbers also.

India is literally a continent within a country when seen from perspective of cultural diversity, so having a national language makes no sense. Even the Chinese culture which is as old as India's has only 3 languages - Mandarin, Cantonese (South China) and Eastern Turkish (spoken by Uyghur muslims).

2 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

For the purpose of more clarity ~100 means almost all, could be 99 too... Certainly higher than 95 and obviously higher than census numbers also.

Good luck. Let's hope BJP reads your stats and implements Hindi. Asatoma sad gamaya. Sarve santu niramaya. Jai Hind.

9 hours ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Government is not doing it. They are creating a euphoria. If they have to do it, then start with your ruled states. What is the problem in that? This is regionalistic politics. 

define most? By 2001 census only 40 pc speak Hindi in India. Most should've at least 50 pc by land and people. In my opinion around 80 pc.

your point about shiv sena is not clear. You are saying people who oppose Hindi also shout against Shiv Sena. Thought their fight was mostly with North Indians and Hindi speaking people , up and Bihari specifically. Please elaborate on your point though. I know marathi to a good extent and my maharashtrians friends appreciate that. 

one  can easily start in English and gradually learn basic stuff in the native language. That we find an issue and feel lazy to do. why not we all learn Tamil or kannada or Telugu. Most jobs anyway originate from BANGALORE CHENNAI and Hyderabad. 

For bolded part, You definitely too young. Read a bit more.

I hope you understood the reason why we need one common laguage. So that people can easily get around in their country. Now, I have no issue in taking Malayali as language of choice for propagation by national government. But government does do cost benefit analysis. With 40% reach, Hindi is cheapest one to propagate.

Finally Bollywood has a big contribution in spreading Hindi. People will watch Hindi soaps and movies. I once saw British punjabi aquaintance of mine watching Hindi serial on star plus. (She speaks some Punjabi and English only). Asked her how is she managing it. She said, she is reading the subtitles. So Lets moove on.

4 hours ago, mishra said:

For bolded part, You definitely too young. Read a bit more.

I hope you understood the reason why we need one common laguage. So that people can easily get around in their country. Now, I have no issue in taking Malayali as language of choice for propagation by national government. But government does do cost benefit analysis. With 40% reach, Hindi is cheapest one to propagate.

Finally Bollywood has a big contribution in spreading Hindi. People will watch Hindi soaps and movies. I once saw British punjabi aquaintance of mine watching Hindi serial on star plus. (She speaks some Punjabi and English only). Asked her how is she managing it. She said, she is reading the subtitles. So Lets moove on.

What should we read more on Shiv Sena? I spent 20 years in Maharashtra. Have seen people from Bihar and UP thrashed on the railway station. You know nothing, that's why you don't share anything. Only gas. Let's hope BJP fulfills your wish. I am sure they will disappoint on this too. Can't even do it in BJP ruled state. 

Btw, being young is good. I hope you are super old. Ready to go to Shri Ram jee soon.

Edited by Haarkarjeetgaye

5 hours ago, mishra said:

Bollywood and 'hindi' soaps actually propagate what is modern day urdu than 'shudh' hindi :dontknow:

8 hours ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

To kar do Netaji. Kyun nahi kar rahi BJP. But netaji ki army also had captain ..ha ha

I have no major issues with the use of English, except that it is not a native language and a reminiscent of Ind's colonial past. My point is that there is nothing wrong with promoting Hindi, which is the most understood native language in Ind 

1 hour ago, zen said:

I have no major issues with the use of English, except that it is not a native language and a reminiscent of Ind's colonial past. My point is that there is nothing wrong with promoting Hindi, which is the most understood native language in Ind 

It is wrong in India. I am sorry to say you haven't understood India or you havent sen half of it. If there is one language needed. It has to be English.  Moreover this is regionalistic politics. When they promote, we will discuss again. This is just a political statement like BJP always keeps giving.

3 hours ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

What should we read more on Shiv Sena? I spent 20 years in Maharashtra. Have seen people from Bihar and UP thrashed on the railway station. You know nothing, that's why you don't share anything. Only gas. Let's hope BJP fulfills your wish. I am sure they will disappoint on this too. Can't even do it in BJP ruled state. 

Btw, being young is good. I hope you are super old. Ready to go to Shri Ram jee soon.

Next you will mention that there are tons of people in Mumbai without any basic knowledge of Hindi.

Edited by rageaddict

3 hours ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Before North Indians, It was South Indians as their target. Hence I said Shiv Sena wanted more of from their Marathi  only, be it language be it people. Hence I said this regionalist pride thing never stops.

Since you have been asking question after question just try answering few basic question on this discussion.

what language government of India should propogate so that a sardarji doesnt feel left out in Chennai or a Tamil doesnt find it difficult in Delhi?

And what should Venkaiya Naidu say? Should he say no we should NOT promote Hindi?

PS: Going by regional background of a lot of posters there is almost very few here who are opposing Naidu despite them not being Hindi speaking. Because they are just using common sense.

Edited by mishra

14 minutes ago, mishra said:

Before North Indians, It was South Indians as their target. Hence I said Shiv Sena wanted more of from their Marathi  only, be it language be it people. Hence I said this regionalist pride thing never stops.

Since you have been asking question after question just try answering few basic question on this discussion.

what language government of India should propogate so that a sardarji doesnt feel left out in Chennai or a Tamil doesnt find it difficult in Delhi?

And what should Venkaiya Naidu say? Should he say no we should NOT promote Hindi?

PS: Going by regional background of a lot of posters there is almost very few here who are opposing Naidu despite them not being Hindi speaking. Because they are just using common sense.

English. He can say we are a multilingual country and we respect that. More than saying why does he not do it? Just keep saying and that pleases people like you.

31 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Next you will mention that there are tons of people in Mumbai without any basic knowledge of Hindi.

I am saying there are people. Tons I dont know. And we are a multi linguistic country, so I will not push any  language except English. Some think ~100 pc of non tamils know Hindi. Do you agree to that?

I have said that this is a political statement. if Naidu does not promote Hindi as he is saying, please do criticise him. Let us see how he does promote it to fulfill your expectations.

1 hour ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

It is wrong in India. I am sorry to say you haven't understood India or you havent sen half of it. If there is one language needed. It has to be English.  Moreover this is regionalistic politics. When they promote, we will discuss again. This is just a political statement like BJP always keeps giving.

I know about Ind's facination with anything phoren .... and create a lose-lose situation so no native wins 

While many in Ind may think that they know English, it could be spoken in a way that those who speak real English may not understand 

Edited by zen