Losing any IPL game is more painful than India team losing !!!

velu

On 7/15/2017 at 1:30 AM, Vilander said:

so the original guy who had velu user - i kinda know him. Lol. hehe..the actual guy you know. not Velu the user here. :p:

i am more and more certain that the Velu account is a bot run by some random mod which comes up with made up controversial statements based on some random algorithm. Kind of like the subreddit simulator bots on reddit

I wouldn't actually mind if we scrapped the Ranji/Kanga/random domestic tournaments which next to no one watches and have a longer IPL season.

IPL has succeeded in making cricket attractive to girls. It is definitely more entertaining than your run of the mill ODIs. At least it got me interested in cricket to some degree.

I've sat through only 1 ODI game in its totality. The 2011 WC final, and that too at the stadium. And I am sure I am never going to sit through an entire ODI again. Not even in front of a TV.

Contrast this to the dozens of IPL games I would have attended in the stadium of seen on TV. Its a lot more on entertainment value. The atmosphere is relaxed. You can meet up with friends and basically have a good time. No jingoism. No strong emotional connect to the game being played.

Just to give you an example, I had pre booked tickets for Hindi Medium which my mom wanted to see. It was on the same day as the India Pakistan final. And I did end up seeing the movie.

Had that been on the day of the Mumbai Indians vs Pune RGPPSHSYS IPL finals, I would have given the movie a miss and risked a lifetime of being berated my my mother for ditching her.

On 14/07/2017 at 7:13 PM, velu said:

:csk: vs :rcb:/ :mi:  is as good as ind vs pak for us  ..

for some loser fans  :dd: vs :kp:   is like city vs united 

:yousuck: DD fans are frustrated with tried and tested process of Rahul Dravid's coaching. But yes, Apart from ICC tourneys and occasional humiliationby loosing to likes of Pakistan,Bangladesh and test matches I give a damn about bilateral odi's and T20s.

After ICC world Cup, For me next trophy is Devils to finish in top 4 then winning

On 15/07/2017 at 1:11 PM, asterix said:

Will see when :dd: or Kohli wins the IPL....

:dontmentionit:

Exactly. But some fans like me watch DD more then India. Last time i tried my best to make to ground to watch one DD match atleast.:frown: They played out of Delhi when i was in Delhi